What's new

~~SOG Madness....With Fluro's!!!Must Read,Exclusive~!!!!!

Guayaki said:
Sure ya can get enough bud just to smoke with those bulbs. This 1 plant was grown with bulbs from walmart About $22 total. You could just pick up a few more if you want to get a bigger yield. I usually grow with hps but was using this for clones and just left this one in there to flower. The smoke tastes great and does the job.

Wow man those buds look exotic...If I may ask,what strain is that?How can you achieve those pink,reddish buds??Also,can these bulbs be found at Home Depot?What store has a bigger,cheaper selection??Home Depot,Lowes,Walmart,etc??

Guayaki

Walmart has only 2 different kind of bulbs at my location but were a few dollars cheaper than at home depot or lowes. Lowes has a pretty good selection but I just wanted to get something to keep clones alive so I went to walmart to save a few bucks. Didn't plan on flowering anything under them but I wanted to test myself what floros could do so I just kept 1 under the floro to see.
That purple strain believe it or not came from some weed off the streets. Dont know the strain but it smells really dieselly. Anyone have any ideas of the strain let me know as I will have a nice size sea of grean of them in the winter months.
Just roll over to any of these locations and find anything high in lumens and you will be alright.

Last edited:

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
I've grown some good weed with T5's. Try searching around there are alot of T5 grows with alot of info. Peace bro.

Guayaki

haha awesome man. start a grow log up when you get your supplies. would love to see how it goes. that way too with a diary others can help you out along the way with nutrients, pests and other things. good luck man. smoking your own herb is better than anything you will find anywhere else.

Ive been thinkin'...when I start my plants,should I start with 24 hours light??And then to 18/6 When theyr established??How do you guys adjust your light cycles throughout your plants life??

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
go to wal mart and buy your fixtures and tubes trust me its teh same thing from the horticultral sites, 3000k for bloom and 5 or 6k in veg

"cool white" and "warm white" is what your looking for.

also most walmarts now display the temp color on the packaging of the tubes or on the display. please take my advice and don't spend a bunch of money on fluros if your going to use them its better to get a lot of cheap ones than 2 expensive ones becasue no matter what you pay for it a 2 foot fluro is only gonna put out 25 watts.

when i grew under fluros i just used this wal mart setup I end up spending 60 dollars total on these fluros

got about 3 oz of smoke from spending about 60-70 bucks at walmart

please go the wal mart route and don't pay 60$ for 2 fluros

go to wal mart. get the following...
4 t5 fixtures (hold 2, foot t5)
4 warm white fluro tubes
4 cool white fluro tubes
4 "party light" fixtures
4 25w or 26w CFL (100w equilivant)
organic potting soil (wal mart sells organic now)
perlite
fish emulsion 5-1-1
and 8" clay pots

should cost you about 125$ all together and you could get about 3 or 4 oz of bud in the end. All you need is 10 seeds. Later on when they start to bud you can buy some fox farm big bud and use it for flowering ferts its 100% organic and neither big bud nor fish emulison will burn your plants.

let me know if you have any other questions

Last edited:
NorCalFor20 said:
go to wal mart and buy your fixtures and tubes trust me its teh same thing from the horticultral sites, 3000k for bloom and 5 or 6k in veg

"cool white" and "warm white" is what your looking for.

also most walmarts now display the temp color on the packaging of the tubes or on the display. please take my advice and don't spend a bunch of money on fluros if your going to use them its better to get a lot of cheap ones than 2 expensive ones becasue no matter what you pay for it a 2 foot fluro is only gonna put out 25 watts.

when i grew under fluros i just used this wal mart setup I end up spending 60 dollars total on these fluros

got about 3 oz of smoke from spending about 60-70 bucks at walmart

please go the wal mart route and don't pay 60$ for 2 fluros

go to wal mart. get the following...
4 t5 fixtures (hold 2, foot t5)
4 warm white fluro tubes
4 cool white fluro tubes
4 "party light" fixtures
4 25w or 26w CFL (100w equilivant)
organic potting soil (wal mart sells organic now)
perlite
fish emulsion 5-1-1
and 8" clay pots

should cost you about 125$ all together and you could get about 3 or 4 oz of bud in the end. All you need is 10 seeds. Later on when they start to bud you can buy some fox farm big bud and use it for flowering ferts its 100% organic and neither big bud nor fish emulison will burn your plants.

let me know if you have any other questions

Can you please tell me evrything you can about those Fluros??How much do they cost,are they good quality,what section you find them in?...etc....Also,what are they T-5,T-8?? All info will be much appreciated...
:rant:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
the fluros you want area cool white and warm white like i said mix the spectrum through the whole grow.

the fixtures are !!!! > T5 < !!!! 15 a peice and hold 2 , 2 foot tubes a peice

so for every fixture you need 2 tubes which are 5-7 dollar a peice depending on where you are.

as far as quality they will work way better than those horti fluros they are overpriced, if your willing to spend 60-70 bucks on a "special grow fluro" you might as well spend that much at wal mart

i wouldn't tell you to get them if they wern't good quality

all that stuff was in my last post i don't know why you asked the same questions i just answered in my last post but here it is again.

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
so did you have any trouble finding the lighting section or wal mart for that matter?

edit: looks like you got hit with the :ban:

maybe try not using all caps or posting drunk :muahaha:

if you are reading this i suggest you re-read my posts about what to get and sleep on it for a week or so...

:laughing:

streetsweeper

Im back!!I went to Home Depot,and bought two of these light fixtures,with three 30W Brillian White CFL!!Sounds good!!?So Ima have 4 CFLs beaming down on maybe 5 seeds,will they veg nice and fast under 4 CFL's??

Ofcourse,over time Ima have more lights,but for now Ima use only the 4 CFLs.....

51188fil456e-med.jpg

51188homedepotlights-med.jpeg

51188homedepotfile-med.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts