What's new

SOG 4x4 Trays 4x4 Rockwool 5k Gavitas

Hey guys, sorry, been super busy with a lotta shit.
with a quick response to some recent post here :

@thamagnificent-i throw it away, i'll stop feeding completely for 3 days, and the cubes dry out by then. You'll have to be careful it really depends on how big your plant is but on average its 3 days, on the second day you'll want to start feeling it out and chop before your plants start wilting.

@alphaphase, trillis is a must! my recent trellis kinda failed towards the end, i didn't raise it up so it started getting real top heavy bending over and i even had one crack on me. I'll integrate a diff method on next run that i saw someone did.

the CK didn't turn out that great, So the other purple strain was Obama Kush, just found out after, and the OK is some KILL! that thing left my car smelling sooooo sweet but got me paranoid because i couldn't get rid of the smell lol.

Anyway, I am done with my second cycle and wasn't able to take care of it as much. Been super busy.

Really nice and clean setup. More pics please. Love how clean and crisp Rockwool looks. Want to go 6" rockwool no hydroton but disposing wool is annoying cause im taking all garbage offsite and rockwool certainly not cheap. But sweet grow, lookin pro.

CoCoSativas

Cool grow. I love gavita producs and coco too.

Im growing a og18 x cherry puff right now im hoping has some cherry. All young plants from seed but im almost ready to clone and flip these plants

Great work man

thanks guys!

@CoCoSativas hands down gavitas really are special, i didn't believe it until i've seen it. It made my canopy so uniformed and the plants just raising their leaves like getting blessed! the 750de i had next to a 1k hortilux super hps outshines the hps. The heat output was way better so that means there isn't much wasted energy. I really like what those guys did, made me thing that there wasn't that much science put into earlier products we used.

I guess i'll be updating this soon with pix. Its still going great and even better. I'll be switching to 6inch rw soon and use the flora flex caps to drip and recirculate. The obamas and putting out some major quality shit. Also I have some exotiq gen otw some cookies and cream, blackberry, and cherry cream pie, Cant wait!

IngFarmer

Hello guys, just saw this post and I find it interesting : this coco mat thing... I have some few questions for the expects in growing this way...
1) is there no drainage and drainage holes or points like using pots?
2) how thick should the mat be? in centimeters?
3)wont the roots of adjacent plants interwind with each other ?

So from what I noticed the coco is just being used like how soil beds are made in nurserys right?

1) the water just flows through the mats
2) the thickness depends on your needs or likings, I had first used 1inch thick mats to find the same results when I split the 1'' into 3(they glue the mats together to get the 1inch thickness), saving me some money. In my case, I only used them to for the roots to grow into and block the light to allow root growth beneath the mats.
3) they can and will intertwine and i found that with too many root growth can turn into a problem of proper drainage, that is if your using trays like I am.

Phases

This makes me want to do a sog grow again. I had some trouble with my last one and went to coco and only doing 9 plants per 600.

Think might have to do a small sog to see if I can get it rocking again. I want to try it using rockwool flock. Like the little chunks.

Anyways. Looking good. Keep up good work.

Sup guys. I've updated my system to a recirculating drip using the flora flex caps. They are looking awesome. I had some exotiq gene beans popped lately and looks to have some nice keeper phenos. Will update soon

IngFarmer

a question, but during the last days of flowering, dont you suffer some excess humidity issues? cases of mould in the bud??? or do you use a dehumidifier?

omgwt

This light is really impressive. So is the entire op, looks really nice btw!

I'm sad I didn't see thread a month ago when I ordered a digi 600w setup for close to 400e when a gavita 750 is only 150e more expensive. But perhaps I'll go with the gavita in the future when I expand from a single light. :)

a question, but during the last days of flowering, dont you suffer some excess humidity issues? cases of mould in the bud??? or do you use a dehumidifier?

I have a sante fe advance and have wall fans blowing, keeps the mold away. There's a few other factors that causes mold, including strain and plant spacing, but humidity and air flow is probably most important. I get mold when my plant spacing is too crowded or theres some area i couldn't get to to defoliate and they get molded.

Phases

Hey Pluto where you at. Hoping for an update and some pics - I finally got some rockwool croutons to try out. I hope I can make it work this time.

Do you flush the rockwool out during the grow or just t the end?
What are your Ppm/ec levels like - last couple grows I think I had too much buildup but I think I wasn't watering enough.

Anyways hope your still around and kicking.

Latest posts

Latest posts