What's new

SOG 150w Hps Vert ( Wappa, Critical Kush, Durga Mata )

rootidec

Veteran
Hi IC,
here I am with my usual setup... down to 150 this year, as last run. : - )
It's very simple vert SOG; fert schedule is in my sig, 2nd run 2nd post. [edit: just made a chart at post 3 here]
Brief:

picture.php

temperature:
highs (running) 26-30°C
lows (night) 20-24°C

humidity:
low 25 - high 50%

*throughout the year in my apartment.

Strains:
last year's genetics kept: Wappa (PS)
testing: a Durga Mata from seed (PS, 5 fem pack) and a Critical Kush (BF) the first being medical and the second being advertised as a thc behemoth - bean gifted by a friend.

Flower room atm:

[*edit: the led you see is a 3x2W cheap e27 red/blue one. I still got 2 e27 fixtures from last round so I occasionally use additional 15-23W lamp/s, like UVs. Temps are raising though, so I'll be using only the 150W most of the time].

Veg room (currently 23w) 1sqf. 33x34cm

Notes:
*After a rather disappointing run (4th) with different styles pots, I'm back to small 6-8 pots, sog with in-out clones.
I didn't do proper manteinance on a vscrog, made a too small wick system, and didn't veg enough on lst/trained pots, so came back to untouched little plants which gave me nicest results so far ^.^
**I had in mind some stealth cab due to security concerns (it is currently a veg room) in a plastic armoire, but I think I'll switch this summer: I'd like a nice yeld or two before I hopefully have to leave for vacations anyways :) and was eager to try some new genetics as well.

PS- I should thank so many here on IC, it would be too long of a list... almost anything comes from lurking the threads, mostly vert (at start) micro, italian, etc... people here blew my head away!! :)
Thank you all for sharing! :)

rootidec

Veteran
Feeding schedule:

picture.php

* With 1l pots I happen to water 3 times a weeks, average.
* Every 2 waterings I give plain water anyways, even during fert weeks .
* This schedule is a little bit on the "light side", but I noticed I get more vigorous plants this way - waiting for the plant to show me what to do with a little yellowing, rather than having her do the claw, or go dark with N or burn tips. and be stunted for more time.

* This chart gets as close as possible to what I do. But plants differ, in size and/or vigour, leaf bud ratio, stress, etc., so I happen to change this schedule on occasion. The healthier the clones, the closer I get to it, usually.

picture.php

Sorry for typos... "allmix" is always "supermix" here really^^

bionova supermix 5-2-4 (recommended throughout the whole grow, recommended dosage up to 5ml/l - they suggest using PK 13-14 later in flowering, I chose others instead):
picture.php

bloombastic 0-20-21 (recommended dosage: 0,5-1ml/l):
picture.php

-regular bio blackshard molasses

-super thrive
(well there's ton of info and controversy on this one around the web ^.^)

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Hi rootidec! Very nice project! I wanto to see how Durga grows! Buon cultivo! Hola fratello! :wave:

:smoweed:

rootidec

Veteran
How tall do you veg the plants before the flip?

About 5-6" (12,5-15cm).
But not only that: after I transplant, I wait they "bounce" back: if they're not healthy/still recovering, they stay tiny anyways... so I wait 5-6 inches AND recovery: whichever comes first, I wait the other! ;)

I'm growing Critical Kush right now, she's definitely a nice plant. Dense, super frosty nugs.

I saw your CK under cfls, holy cow...! I can only hope I have a nice pheno like that, man! :blowbubbles:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
How many harvests have you had in this setup? How much do they stretch? They look great :D

rootidec

Veteran
How many harvests have you had in this setup? How much do they stretch? They look great :D

hi bud, thanks! :)
I run this setup 1yr straight just now, had about 4-5 harvests.
Kind of reached 90g around the 150w with six plants 15g each AVERAGE, the best rounds.
Like this one recently (7 plants):

(come to think those jars are long gone lol!! T_T )

Although being a SOG I seldom harvest them all at once.
They stretch from 5"-6" to 16" approx. (12,5-15cm to 40cm) >> the ones I'm shooting for. I also had many, many freak shows... weak, short, sick, or simply putting clones in too early.
They take 7-10 days to show hair, then I count 8 weeks - 9 tops.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
THOSE BUDS ARE PACKED WITH NUGGETTTT!!! Any type of training or heavy defoling on the females?

rootidec

Veteran
THOSE BUDS ARE PACKED WITH NUGGETTTT!!! Any type of training or heavy defoling on the females?

Best ones: not at all :) may have had a weak branch and 5-10 leaves removed the whole grow.
Other plants were topped, trained a little, and delivered less: but this is due to my impatience - I was kind of figuring out which shape would be best, with little to no veg and small pots, so... no wonder they worked best untouched :)
*btw I recently had a 110w pll alongside, so it's more wattage, they helped a lot!

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran

Wow amazing results out of some pop bottles! Unbelievable swell for being in such small awkward containers. Nice job man. Are those the same strains you are running this time?

Can you grow enough smoke to supply yourself with your 150w? I need about 650 watts of light total to supply my girlfriend and I.

massud

Stealth Grower
Veteran
Hi rootidec! Let's show us another wonderful grow-cycle! Very beautiful photo! Bye my brother! :wave:

:smoweed:

rootidec

Veteran
sgapetti, massud
Thank you for the support guys!!! I hope I won't disappoint!!!
:biggrin::tiphat:
I already had defs early this run, but I have a good feeling... ToT !

@FoCo: thanks man! I'm running wappa from last round, CK and Durga are new strains. I usually smoke 50g /month - my girlfriend, she prefers wine :)

Chloemobile

I like the 1 liter pots too. I'm trying some 1/2 gallon cartons this time around though...i like the little veg room. I currently have no carbon filter running on my veg box - it kind of fell off lol...- but i dont notice any smell (not sure if i am too used to it or not) Are you running a filter on yours? I like the fresh thread...it was about time :)

rootidec

Veteran
I like the 1 liter pots too. I'm trying some 1/2 gallon cartons this time around though...i like the little veg room. I currently have no carbon filter running on my veg box - it kind of fell off lol...- but i dont notice any smell (not sure if i am too used to it or not) Are you running a filter on yours? I like the fresh thread...it was about time :)

Hi CM,
I'm not running any filter atm, tent is in a separate utility room with a closed door, and a slightly open window on a busy intersection.
...maybe in the veg room you don't need it? if strain is low odor, even less :)
I noticed wappa is rather low odor - when shiva skunk was gone, odor was too... almost! :)

rootidec

Veteran
UPDATE :)
plants are doing nice - jar is empty but I'm evaluating buying something else to avoid pillages until the end of the month...

There have been a couple of fan leaves in front removed, and 1 weak branch from the young ones.
Old plants had a little training to avoid natural bending, or optimize space taken.
(many big/low fan leaves were sucked dry and fell - this round plants sure weren't overferted...)

6 plants in:

>>

rootidec

Veteran

closeup of the well known wappa @6W:

and the new genetics showing, Critical Kush @3W:

And all plants:

There has been a 25W 6400k supplemental CFL this week - storms kept temps low and a nice 50% RH :)