What's new

Social Security Disability and Cannabis Use?

Jhhnn

Veteran
I have heard of people not able to get SSD without being able to pass a drug test for mj first. I doubt they would take it away for smoking it once you hve it but remember......it is the feds we are talking about.

I don't think so. I don't think that anybody can be forced to put up with drug testing other than wrt driving, employment or so that Gov Scott's wife can make money off of testing welfare recipients in Florida.

If I were seeking SSDI, I wouldn't bring it up, nor admit to it either. I wouldn't be baked when i showed up, obviously. The only reason they even ask is if it's on the forms. They don't really care.

That's the great thing about Colorado's A64- if you want to grow, grow. No games, no bullshit. No exams, interviews, cards, fees or forms. Stay legal just in case. It seems highly unlikely that the Feds will bother such a person at all.

And if you decide to file for disability, sign a consent waiver, there won't be anything in your medical records to the contrary, either.

SSDI is handled differently under different Admins. During the Bush years, the bureaucrats were instructed to be a PITA, so they were, being good little drones. When the Obama Admin came in, it was the difference between night & day. My bipolar sister fought for years, and 2 months after Obama's inauguration she got a letter validating her claim, and back payments, too. Her appeal, which had been pending & delayed ad infinitum, was cancelled. She was in, and nothing had changed except who was giving the orders.

Go Figure.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
If they ask you if you take illegal drugs, "Just Say No" like King Ron and Queen Nancy taught all good children to do in the 80's...

It really depends on WHAT THEY ASK YOU. I would LIE like a motherfucker either way.
DON'T give up any info.

If you are FORCED to pee.....there isn't much you can do about it in many instances other than flat out refuse and lose whatever services they are providing you.

SUCKS folks have to deal with this. The Gov't needs to get their fuckin shit together soon.

they aren't gonna be watching are they?

this is not parole or probation

i say use some synthetic pee

fuck em :tiphat:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they aren't gonna be watching are they?

this is not parole or probation

i say use some synthetic pee

fuck em :tiphat:

It depends on what they are using the test for, GP. As I mentioned before, they test me to insure that narcotics are in my system. If they found me to be clean (synthetic urine), the assumption would be that I am selling my pain meds. Of course, they just "happen" to test for mmj at the same time.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
It depends on what they are using the test for, GP. As I mentioned before, they test me to insure that narcotics are in my system. If they found me to be clean (synthetic urine), the assumption would be that I am selling my pain meds. Of course, they just "happen" to test for mmj at the same time.

you're correct, i read what you said and then just forgot all about the opiates and was thinking of mmj only.

my bad... :tiphat:

monsoon

Who would have ever thought they'd test you to make sure you were high? (dosed) For an old fart like me, that just ain't natural...:biggrin:

Let's hope a similar fate is on tap for weed! :laughing: "You must be high"

Baddog40

I have personal experience with this. My advice is DO NOT mention any mmj use to your doctor, Social Security, or any other entity related to Social Security. Contrary to what some believe, Social Security is not easy to get and they look for ANY reason to turn people down in the application stage.

I had an application in the system and had started seeing a new doctor. Coincidentally I had heard my docs name before as someone who also did mmj referrals and the first time I saw him I told him I had heard of him and he asked if I had a license, I told him I did (mistake) but that I rarely used it. Well wouldnt you know he wrote this down in his notes and Social Security denied me every step of the way.

I kept appealing and finally I get a hearing in front of a Social Security judge, which took about 3 years from the time I originally applied. My case should have been a slam dunk, but this asshole right wing judge used this 20 second conversation about an mmj license with my doc as a reason to turn my claim down. I appealed to the Federal Court level and FINALLY got approved, but my Attorney has told me the Social Security judge told him he would see to it that my case gets re-opened to take my benefits away. Never once have I been asked to take a drug test or anything like that.