What's new

Social Network I.Q. Retardation Study

M

movingtocally

I did some work in psych as an undergrad. Fun fact: We can't even quantify wtf intelligence means to any worthwhile degree.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I know for a fact that I'm extremely above average, though. Walk around Wal Mart to see what I mean.

IF I'm ever feeling down I go to wall mart walk around for 5 minutes then leave, and instantly feel better about myself.

no offense to those that shop at wallmart on the regular

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
They may be old, but at least the ones that need a job can turn to wallyland and get a job. That's a heck of a lot more than you can say for the rest of Corporate America that views seniors as garbage to be thrown to the side.

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
They may be old, but at least the ones that need a job can turn to wallyland and get a job. That's a heck of a lot more than you can say for the rest of Corporate America that views seniors as garbage to be thrown to the side.
this is true, and i am generally sweet to the old folks/disabled (mostly mentally) people who work there, and there's tons of normal people that work there because they need a job

but im saying, the average shopper at wal mart is enough to make you feel better about yourself.

its sort of like watching cops.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I take your point. I try to keep my own feelings of complete superiority well-hidden beneath a layer of drug induced b.s. So far, no one suspects that I am in fact The CannaGod - including me. It's a "need to know" kind of thing... :p

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This is a good point, but remember; many of these old folks had to work for wal-mart because wal-mart put their store out of business, and now they can't retire.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
That may be true or it may not. The truth is that in a market economy, every business is exposed to systemic market failure as a result of innovations in supply chain management and/or technological developments that result in a reallocation of capital into more profitable ventures. In turn, labor "migrates" to those sectors where laborers believe they can claim the highest wages because everyone acts in their own self-interest. This is the history of capitalism and the history of our Earth as the extinction of various species occurs because of changing environmental conditions and changes in competition at the predator level.

Something to think about unless you subscribe to Keynesian economics - in which case you are saying that the success created by businesses must be offset by a government that will support the losers to insulate them from their own poor decision-making.

Not an easy choice to be sure, but those of you having an exceptional I.Q. can help the rest of us figure it all out...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
down with walmart

down with walmart

That may be true or it may not. The truth is that in a market economy, every business is exposed to systemic market failure as a result of innovations in supply chain management and/or technological developments that result in a reallocation of capital into more profitable ventures. In turn, labor "migrates" to those sectors where laborers believe they can claim the highest wages because everyone acts in their own self-interest. This is the history of capitalism and the history of our Earth as the extinction of various species occurs because of changing environmental conditions and changes in competition at the predator level.

Something to think about unless you subscribe to Keynesian economics - in which case you are saying that the success created by businesses must be offset by a government that will support the losers to insulate them from their own poor decision-making.

Not an easy choice to be sure, but those of you having an exceptional I.Q. can help the rest of us figure it all out...

Dont get me wrong, I am a capitolist but your argument is mute. The people that I'm talking about DO NOT make as much money working at walmart, as they did when they owned their own business, before walmart was in town.They make like 10 dollars an hour. That is in the poverty range. Far below the average income of the average private business owner. If that guy still owned his own business he would have much more monet to pour back into the econemy.

Walmart forces our competion because it is almost a monopoly. No competition means no advancment. Capitolism doesnt work with out multiple choices.

Walmart takes capitolism backwards. It already put k-mart out of business. Many large grocery chains have gone down too.
Walmart is bad for capitolism. Having only 2 or 3 major companies for a market is almost as bad as a monoply. This market is set up like that now, and it was in the great depression as well. Look what happens when those companies fail. Boom ecenomic crisis.

Walmart is the largest corporation in the wolrd, they swing alot of weight. There have been city governments that have voted to keep walmart out of a community, and walmart said fuck you and built them anyway. Walmart changed clock in cards on a large scale to under pay their employees. They are lobbying in washington to lower the standards that qualify food as organic, so they can use it as a marketing tool. They have huge sweat shops that make cheap shit all over asia. I can go on. It is an evil fucking corporation, that destroys communities. Most corporations are not evil, but walmart is.