What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

socal master kush ?s

Hope this thread picks back up. Been on the same quest myself to find out about the origins of the so cal master. I've heard from a few people that Nirvanas Master Kush was big around when so cal master first popped up. Thinking it could be a selection from Nirvana stock but just speculation!

Spongerob

Has anyone grown the BC Bud Depot version of Socal Master Kush? I know BCBD is hit and miss when it comes to genetics but how is this strain? I have grown some of their stuff with decent results.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I received some freebie SoCal master kush x Long Bottom leaf seeds from GLG .
Unfortunately none of them germinated.

My only other experience with Master Kush was with seeds I bought in Amsterdam in the late 90's. I dont have any photos of it and dont remember the breeder but it was some powerful stuff. I remember one incident when it killed a dinner party after I broke out a fat jay and two or three people whited out after a few tokes. One husband actually got mad at me after his wife pretty much shut down and started basically incoherently melting into her seat. I kind of felt bad. LOL.

browntrout

Veteran
The masterkush is much closer to the purple kush IMO. All of the kush none of the fuel.

I prefer the MK and PK over most of the OG/Cookies.

I would like to find a good MK in seed too but have been hesitant.

I think Karma / Archive or someone has done some crosses with OG ,maybe another breeder.

HSO sells a Bx4 i believe, I'd be tempted to try that one.

browntrout

Veteran
The masterkush is much closer to the purple kush IMO. All of the kush none of the fuel.

I prefer the MK and PK over most of the OG/Cookies.

I would like to find a good MK in seed too but have been hesitant.

I think Karma / Archive or someone has done some crosses with OG ,maybe another breeder.

HSO sells a Bx4 i believe, I'd be tempted to try that one.

JetLife175

Veteran
Hope this thread picks back up. Been on the same quest myself to find out about the origins of the so cal master. I've heard from a few people that Nirvanas Master Kush was big around when so cal master first popped up. Thinking it could be a selection from Nirvana stock but just speculation!

It’s always been the story that it was a sensi seed pop. I’ve never heard any different and I’m in SoCal and have the SCMK in the library.

Have had it for ages. Just a really good afghan. The Bubba Kush, LA Affie, and SCMK are all pretty similar. It’s not like the SCMK pheno was a rare one. It can be found.

Problem is sensi has switched breeding stock how many times since then? There has definitely been more than one. Getting hands on old viable packs is an issue as well.

JetLife175

Veteran
And to add to this... if anyone knows or has the PO#1 cut from progressive options I’d love to speak with you! It was a sour dubble x SCMK that was FIRE.

Desert Dan

Veteran
I remember the PO #1!!! That was some fire herb fosho... Sitting on a bunch of beans from 44genetics who used to work there. He loved that larry og! Regret not snagging a pack of the PO #1 cross. I believe sin city seeds uses the PO #1 as a breeding male and may have a backcross? Blue power???

-DD

browntrout

Veteran
It’s always been the story that it was a sensi seed pop. I’ve never heard any different and I’m in SoCal and have the SCMK in the library.

Have had it for ages. Just a really good afghan. The Bubba Kush, LA Affie, and SCMK are all pretty similar. It’s not like the SCMK pheno was a rare one. It can be found.

Problem is sensi has switched breeding stock how many times since then? There has definitely been more than one. Getting hands on old viable packs is an issue as well.

Could be, my select LA Con is akin to a good old kush like Purple Kush / Master kush with more afghan/coffee and a little OG but with that creaminess.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I bought a pack of Pisces Genetics SCMK S1 but they never germed. Really pissed me off at the time as I had some x18 pollen waiting to go.

I also have a pack of Shanti's M.A.S.K. which is the European Master Kush cut crossed to Skunk/Afghan.

Be nice to get even a hybrid of the SCMK..

ASMA

My crew still runs the master kush, it’s been their main girl over the last 15 years. They only started growing other flavors once the market dipped but we still run rooms of her. Short squat dark green indica with the slow veg

Happy Times

My crew still runs the master kush, it’s been their main girl over the last 15 years. They only started growing other flavors once the market dipped but we still run rooms of her. Short squat dark green indica with the slow veg

That’s some staying power there- going 15 years

Desert Dan

Veteran
Baby Come Back!!!

Baby Come Back!!!

Does she live in 2020? Been keeping my ear to the ground for years... Just want that lemony incense back in my bowl.

-DD :1help:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I have a pack of Master Hashplant bodhi seeds.

Vintage socal master kush x '88G13/HP

:skiiing:

Not socal master kush. Says vintage master kush.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts