What's new

SoCal Blueberry Haze Grow-Off

KRS Juan

Welcome all to the great

SoCal Blueberry Haze Grow-Off

This is a friendly competition between myself (KRS Juan), Blatant, and Sharp_Pain. Everyone is encouraged to post comments and questions, but please try and keep them on subject.

We will all be growing a single 1st generation clone from a mother Blueberry Haze grown by Sharp. All 3 of us will be using 400w HPS's, but that is where the similarities end. I will let Blatant and Sharp describe their own setup/methods.

Hopefully this thread will be a start-to-finish journal of 3 very different growers all using the exact same genetics. It will probably get pretty long, but it will be a ton of fun.

In the end we will pick some unbiased judges to declare a winner.
The results will be judged on the following: Yeild, Smell, Taste, Bag-appeal, and of course High.

Let the games begin!
Gentleman, show your clones!

-KRS Juan-

Einsteinguy

Good Luck All Three of you. This looks like a win/win contest
Would like to offer my services for judging.
I want in on next run.

Einstein

:wave:

G

Game on!

Soil or hydro for each?

What nute regime for each?

Are all the clones from the same mother?

I love it!

Tex

G

Ah yes, this will be the beginning of something special. We will grow out the same exact clones of the same mother.

I myself will be the Hydro version of this grow. I will be using Organic Nutrients in a recirculating NFT Channel. My bulb will be a 400 watt Hortilux in a Sunsystem aircooled hood. All this will be contained in a Cabinet similar to the Home Depot C13.

The Clone will be shown later:

Stay Tuned
Blatant

G

And it's Blatant from the outside with a NFT channel and organic nutes....the crowd gasp

Tex

G

My grow will be under a 430w Son Agro lamp. I will be growing in FoxFarms ocean forrest soil in 2 gallon pots(buckets). I will be watering from my RO water unit and adding a bit of liquid goodies for my ladies along the way.

We need some more details as to the exact guidlines. How long will Veg be? I take it we will each only grow out 1 plant for the contest. when will contest start?

Let's get it on.

G

Well guys it seems that the only problem would be when to flower. Instead of having a single time we all flower, I say we have a single time we finish by. All our grows should be flowered at a certain height so we can get the yield comparison equal. How many times can we top? Or in Juans case, wound?

Blatant

G

Topping them would stretch your veg time requirement as well.

Blatants nft should be growing faster than the soil guys.

Sharpie's 430 Sun Agro full spectrum bulb should be the light winner.

The ones that top should out yield the untopped one.

Smell from the soil grows might be the winner also.

2 gallon pots with soil are going to get cramped roots at the end of the process.

This is going to be fun as hell

Tex

G

This is awesome...

Reality Grow #1

Do the Vegas Sports Books have odds yet?

I'm going for Sharpie's Son Agro... Blatant's Cab and Juan's BDSM

G

Can we have all the SoCal boys in the corner...

Whip out that gear...

Out those lil girls in...

Ready...

Set...

GROW OFF!!!

KRS Juan

Maistre: BDSM??? I'm really not that into bondage.

I will be using a 400w Hortilux and I only grow in organic soil. Nutes will be: Fish emulsion, worm castings, Bat guano, Liquid Karma, Nitrozime, PBP, epsom salts, and a touch of superthrive. I start in 5 inch pot's and work my way up to 6 gal containers.

Topping and scoring should be allowed at the growers will. As far as veg and flower time, thats a tough one. If there is a set veg time, you will kill us in yeild no matter what. If there is a set flower time then some may not finish in time. The only thing I can come up with is have limits. Veg no longer than x days, flower no longer than x days. Your free to stop earlier, but no longer. Or as Bman said, we could go by height, but topping would screw that up.

Looks like I'm the underdog, just wait and see my friends, wait and see........

-KRS Juan-

G

I like my chances regardless of the fact I'm in soil. Maybe Juan & I can prove the "Hydro is superior to soil" statement is a myth.

I spend countless hours hangin with my ladies, talking, giving them TLC everyday. Plants appreciate a good relationship and I have quite a bond with mine. I guess the results will tell.

I don't have a rooted clone of the BBHAZE yet, all I have is my mother that is almost 20 days into flower. I'll need to snatch one back from blatant sometime soon before we can start.

We also need to setup the rules to be judged by, I guess each category would have a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. The person with the most 1st place votes wins? or would 1st be worth 3 points 2nd be worth 2 and 3rd worth 1.... We need to figure that out.

I also have a pretty damn full cabinet at this time I would like to wait until that harvest mid september, but it looks to me like you guys are itchin to start like today.....

I think we need texas kid to lay out the odds since he knows our setups.

430 son agro
Foxfarms soil mix
RO water with light added fertz

Boys get ready to place your bets

Last edited:
G

What about a finish date only? like 70-90 days or whatever.

Then it's up to the individual grower how he wants to split veg and flower time accordingly for their respective setup.

Dry and cure time could be a set time like 15-30 days

Just a thought

Tex

G

oOo... This is getting good... nice format... up to 90 days sounds about right.

2 weeks for the cure would be good... but we all know that haze will just keep getting better.

It would seem to me that IF you all took a clone off the same mother at the same time... that would be best.

(Just a thought)

G

I have one for you Sharp that is almost exactly like the one Juan has. Same height and age. The two of you will start off identical. I have one more in soil that I will mother out for later. I still have some more cuttings in the cloner that should be rooted in a couple days so all will be ready whenever we are. I know you two are in flower. Juan you just started and Sharp you've been in flower for a couple weeks. When do we start this lil competition? After you guys harvest? or before that? Makes no difference to me.

Blatant

G

I would like to wait until after harvest because if I stuck that little clone in there now it wouldnt get much light.....

Lets chat about how everyone else feels then we can go from there.

I for 1 say wait until after flower

Last edited:

Joemutt1978

I say you wait, make it fair!

This will be interesting, wish I could talk one of you into using my soil transplanting method. By the time they are in 1 gallon pots, they have been transplanted 4 times! When they have stretched their legs in a 2 gallon pot, I flower, and move up to 3 gallons, then finally 5. It's alot of work, and can't say I have done it in a while, but the yields are so much higher, and the rootball is unbelievable after harvest.

Who are the judges? I would give a fair and unbiased choice, but only on bag appeal! Can't judge smell or taste, but the yields will show themselves! Were you going to send a sample to judges?

G

Joe I do use a transplanting method. I start all my plants in TINY ass pots, move them upto 1 litre pots then into a 1 gallon jug then finally into a 2 gallon bucket for flowering.

I like the way the plants grow when using this method, they really take off after the transplants.

I gotta hear from juan on his feelings but I agree we should all start at the same time with the same cuts

Latest posts

Latest posts