What's new

socal 2010 outdoor guerrilla grow

T.rips

Your plants are wayyyy too close together. if you plant anymore spread them out further. my o/d plants need a min of 10 feet between plants as they will bush out & grow big time. a few pointers: you def. have thrip damage get Montery insect garden spray for them, spray at dusk, then spray again 3- days later to get rid of the freshly hatched eggs. you should also get some neem oil & do a weekly spray w/ that at dusk. the deer will eat every single plant you have if you do not cage them until they get big. I use 200 gal smartpots for my o/d & consistently get 5 lb plants fairly easily, I highly suggest using smartpots if you don't have to hike very far, they keep the plants up off the ground & it makes it a little harder for the deer to get to.

Thnks for the pointers dutchcrunch. ill look into the fence, its just gunna be soo expensive to cover all of the plants. whats the cheapest way to set up a cage?

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup cages are your best bet for protection. But you can try human hair, piss, bar soap, cyote piss. I just bought some deer fencing from are big hardware dealers around by me it is 6' tall x 100' long for less than $20 a roll.

T.rips

Yup cages are your best bet for protection. But you can try human hair, piss, bar soap, cyote piss. I just bought some deer fencing from are big hardware dealers around by me it is 6' tall x 100' long for less than $20 a roll.

Ya ive heard of that deer fence, but they ont sell it here in socal because well there isnt much deer and people dont seem to worry about them i am goin to try to get around 150 feet of this stuff though

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&productId=3159301&cId=

then i will get some stakes or nearby branches to keep the cages in the ground....im gunna make some homemade deer repellent as well...
My only concern is LEO seeing the cages..what do you guys think?

T.rips

Spinosad works great for thrips AND catterpillars. Monterey garden spray with spinosad thats what u want.

Ya, thanks for the advice others have told me this too, will get the spinosad if i get those bastards again witch is likely, deer are my main concern rite now..thanks for stopping by man

ThcInfused

So, it's been a while since our last update but we've been keeping extremely busy.. alot of fencing to build and water to carry... a bit of news as far as genetics go... we put 6 seeds into paper towels, 3 of each; Texada TimewarpxNL#5 and Skunk#1xBlueBerry. Of the 6, only one germinated and the other five cracked but just leaked a white gooey substance, and the seed that germinated never popped above ground, which i think is due to our friend the red spider mite, who is thankfully under control now. I believe the total plant count is up to 27 now but don't quote me on that.

McDank805: you asked about the Kaya Gold correct? So far I'd say buy it if you have the cash lying around but from what I've seen so far, keeping in mind its still very early, its nothing special. The germ ratio was decent at 7/10 and the growth is by far the slowest I've seen, almost a month and a few are barely a 1/2 inch tall with the tallest being around 3 inches.

Also, I wanted your guys' opinion on how many plants we should be able to keep alive with around 230gal of reservoir in a summer that routinely hits 95-100F. We'll be able to haul about 10-15 gallons a week extra, but our schedules just don't allow the time to hike the necessary volume of water the roughly 2 miles to sustain all 27 plants and our water source is running out quick. Any suggestions/comments?

Our little female is now 100% pregnant and we're expecting around 200 little children from her. I'll see about getting some pics this week.

I'll do a photo update in about a week when the majority are in the ground.. but for now, thanks for watching! :wave:

Last edited:

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure how much water you will need as I live in a place where watering is almost unnecessary. But I do know if you can mulch around the bottom of your plants it will keep the moisture in mucho better. If you see a guy named Backcountry running around he would be a guy that could probley give you lots of tips on your irrigation ?'s

T.rips

hey havent been able to get pictures lately but here is everything...some still have to be transplanted. The names of the strains should be in the pictures. Some are getting munched down by bunnies but they are starting to come back.
This plant is early skunk. It is pollinated and is being force flowered. It probably has at least a month till we can get some seeds.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This strain is in our makeshift cage and was transplanted today the strain is- Frosty sensi star/deep blue x Northern lights/grapefruit
picture.php

picture.php

This is also a a transplant from today and is also in a cage in a hope to keep the bunnies away. The strain is- Pine tar kush x trainwreck
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Really hoping this strain will come back..so im not going to replace it
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the other plot with all original haze x skunk no.1. Some of them got munched bad and are caming back but others are doing okay.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Let me know what you think.

ThcInfused

Update: all is going well, lots of new growth, some minor thrip damage, here are all our girls minus four Kaya Golds we couldn't get to because some bees thought that using to only path to the Kaya spot as a place for a new hive would be fun.

PTK/AractaTW x GF/NL and my professional camo paint job, i'm available for hire lol
picture.php

picture.php

OHxS
picture.php

OHxS superSativa pheno !
picture.php

chemD x DC/BB
picture.php

OHxS lone surviver topped by nature
picture.php

chem91 x various
picture.php

chemD x DC/BB
picture.php

SD/OG x GF/NL
picture.php

G13 making a comeback!
picture.php

SD/OG x GF/NL
picture.php

chem91 x various
picture.php

SD/OG x GF/NL with Chem91 behind
picture.php

Chem91 x various
picture.php

BubbaKush/DeepChunk x GF/NL
picture.php

PTK/ArcataTW x GF/NL with camo'd giver of lifewater
picture.php

chemD x DC/BB
picture.php

PTK/ArcataTW x GF/NL
picture.php

PTK/ArcataTW x GF/NL heat stess
picture.php

Kaya Gold. the boo says"Kaya Gold is a hardy strain bred for rougher climates, She is pest-resistant and can take the heat.
Perfect for leaving somewhere with a GPS and finding it again in autumn" so we decided to put this to the test. 100% native soil, 100+ degree summer, no insecticidal soaps.
picture.php

here she is in her super-ghetto cage
picture.php

i thought i would let you guys see how our water situation is going

Febuary
picture.php

picture.php

Today 06-24
picture.php

questions/comments/suggestions? thanks for stopping by :wave:

Endur

Veteran
What's Good ThcInfused,
Wow, looking at your water source, It doesn't look like a year round, running spring. I have had this happen to me many times, water flows good till July, and just disappears in a weeks time.
What I have done is try and locate the lowest area, with beadrock showing, and dig down a few feet, if there is moisture/water, then you just need to make a reservoir.
Hope this Helps you, or at least give you a option.
peace
ENDUR

ThcInfused

Endur- yeah i have to venture farther each time i water, thanks for the advice i will definitely do what you said. simple and effective

Mcdank- we got three more chemDxDeepBlue littles that need a few more days until transplant.. its too early for me to tell the fem/male and be positive, i think i have a few confirmed females but from what i can tell the majority don't want to show sex yet

T.rips

fellow maggers

fellow maggers

So i just went up to the plants and got a few thins done. I filled up the drip systems an watered as well as top dressed with chicken and things like that. So i just thought i would show you guys the biggest plants in the ground this year.

SD/OGxGF/NL
picture.php

SD/OGxGF/NL
picture.php

PTK/ATKxGF/NL
picture.php

SD/OGxGF/NL really indica dom. plant
picture.php

look how sativa this leaf is!!!! i am so hoping for a female on this plant!
picture.php

OK.so these are the biggest. Just curious these have about a month or so to veg. So taking that into consideration how do you think these gals will yield?
picture.php

Just go ahead and comment or suggest watever you feel fit. Thanks alot guys.

Endur

Veteran
In my past experience, I'd guesstimate at least 4+ OZ's.
Again, Good looking grow.
Peace
ENDUR

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my past experience, I'd guesstimate at least 4+ OZ's.
Again, Good looking grow.
Peace
ENDUR
Yup that's what I was thinking too QP to 8 oz. They can grow a few inches a day if things go well. I really like the structure that (SDxOG)xGF/NL is showing.

T.rips

ENDUR-thanks alot for your posts man..your grow last year was great. A real model grow for a guerilla.

Guyute54- thanks for helping us along thus far and all your helpful posts as well.