What's new

sobriety who's doing it

h.h.

Veteran
I grew up with pain on account of a disability effecting all joints, bones and muscles. As an infant through to 9-10 I was given injections of morphine to ease pain. I saw the dragon very early in life. Once I was cut off, I just tolerated pain. After moving for an hour in the morning it dissipated somewhat. As a teen-young man I discovered that cannabis eased my pain throughout the day. My saving grace was black Afghani hash laced with opium. I ate a gram every morning. Working with global grade importers made this easy. When the supply dried up I was out of luck.

I found quite a bit of pain relief in peyote, synthetic mescaline and psylocybe mushrooms as well as increase in awareness. The trend to breeding the shit out of cannabis destroyed most of the effects for me, making pain worse so I've abstained since about 1989, despite making my income from growing relatively large quantities. In the mid-90s I convinced a doctor to prescribe morphine, after many failures with other analgesics. I've never looked back since. A pot of espresso and 120 mg of morphine every morning makes it possible to walk for about 4 to 6 hours and function through to bedtime; same dose for 26 years.

Dad was on morphine. It seemed to me that the pain he had cancelled the high.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to see there is so many people trying to be there best self here. I think it really is an indication that we are all getting older and wiser. It's not that people get more boring it's that emotional/chemical regulation becomes harder and therefore more important.

the high is less fun because you've been there done that and you get sick of the highs and lows and prefer to be on a constant level.

On not feeling high from weed, I remember going through this in my earlier 20's, it may be a symptom of your over all mental state. I think for me it was more that when you're young getting stoned with your mates is the event, it's all you need. As you get older you need more than just getting really stoned it's just makes you feel tired. Try going a day without (I know terrible) then next day, go for a bike ride in nature with a little smoke, garanteed you will feel high.

On emotional vampires, worked with too many to count. The good thing is you start to see the patterns and learn to stay away once you've dealt with it enough.

On sugar, it's a massive vice for me to, I eat mostly home grown whole foods in the day mostly very healthy. Then I get stoned and eat the whole packet of cookies in the evening! Not ready to give this up yet tho. As someone said sobriety should be a gradual process.

Thinking If I could hold out during the day I would be a much happier camper

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dad was on morphine. It seemed to me that the pain he had cancelled the high.

That's how it works. It is a pity more use is not made of the poppy plant in its basic form (as presented by mother nature). If one drinks the tea from the pods it works as an analgesic and has potential as a cancer prophylactic.

Latest posts

Latest posts