What's new

Soak valve for BHOgart extractor

Cool!

For us old farts, what is Primo Extracts on instagram? Link?

it is at primo_extracts.... search under users.

you should feel flattered GW, bhogart's system is becoming more and more like your stuff... well, he isn't quite there and it is still introducing inefficiencies, but maybe in the next iteration it'll be :)

tommyl

the bhogart is not a terpenator knockoff. i think you might be having a hard time digesting that fact. And it appears Primo extracts prefers the bhogart over any other system they have. The tamisium and terpinator. if you would take the time to actually read instead of spewing a bunch of BS you might actually learn something MR Durden.

the bhogart is not a terpenator knockoff. i think you might be having a hard time digesting that fact. And it appears Primo extracts prefers the bhogart over any other system they have. The tamisium and terpinator. if you would take the time to actually read instead of spewing a bunch of BS you might actually learn something MR Durden.

it certainly seems that way. hey, i'm just looking at the evolution of your system and it is becoming more and more like the GW design. maybe you are having a hard time accepting the fact that it is?

i only briefly looked at the primo posts, but i just saw pics of all three. how you deduced that they prefer yours, i can't decide. i mean i guess you could have gave them one at cost for them to talk it up.

the ONLY thing your system does better than the other two models is do a large amount of material at one time. other than that, i'd think i was spot on in my observations. where am i wrong in my comparison of the different models?

i do think that your connection point between the spool/lid is your weakest point. you are asking a lot of that spot given the huge tube you are running, all the fittings above it, the added weight of butane, etc.

but hey, if you can get people/suckers to buy your system at the price point you are asking, more power too you!

tommyl

Well for the large tube like i got we got a stand. Primo Extracts says bhogart is the best closed loop system on the market and that is coming out of Grey wolf's backyard. Portland. So face the music and quit crying like a little child ! we are here to make advancements not be sniveling little douche bags.

you using a large tube is the only benefit to your system. and that comparison thread on instagram is anything but... you probably hooked the dude up so that he would promote your system. so far he can't convey why your system is so great versus the others. having used the other two, i can see the benefits over the tami.

so until primo can actually say why yours is so good,which he can't, it is simply opinion. and to be clear, your setup is not the best closed loop out there, so don't think for a minute your over priced copy is anything close to being the best. but if it makes you feel better thinking that, by all means go for it. you must believe all the girls when they tell you you are the biggest they've ever had... LOL!

looking at the pics and vids of your system, it is clear you are following in the footsteps of GW design. hell, in one pic primo posted, you are copying the reducer fitting with the 1/2" pipe welded into it. unless primo is using that from the IIIa design.

seems like you are being the DB whose feelings are hurt :)

nakadashi

the bhogart is easy... however, this monkey can only do two 4.5lb runs a day... he finds thats after packing the tube, cleaning the gaskets, vac test, initial shower- 30 mins, continuous shower-45 mins, cold recovery-75 mins, breaking everything down and scooping out the oil, it takes about 4.5 hours x two so 9 hours which is a full day unless you're pushing it, imho..

How does the 45 minute continuous shower work? Is it filling the column with butane from the tank, while the tank is also being filled up from the recovery pot?

tommyl

it is recovering a gas and compressing it into a liquid by restricting and building about 100 psi on the high side gauge then it simply returns to the top of the trim tube as a liquid . one big loop. If you close the low side gauge it recovers into the recovery tank for freezing reclamation

denvermmj

Greywolf I just recieved a "1 lb bhogart unit" and it came with a 3x36 inch spool and only tne 6x6 bottom tank, how in the world it that gling to worm? To fill the tube and drain to the tank would take way too much butane for that small 6x6 to recover safely without sucking up oil. Please help with some advice on what to tell the dude. Waited 3 weeks for this pos and tne sight glass is cracked also amd missing several parts

tommyl

primo says it was a hybrid and just like i said earlier he has all three of the extractors. you need to due some more research before making ridiculous assertions. Actually bhogart systems really drew their innovation from colorado extractors. More specifically DK Duckmang and Emotek so your claim as to GW coming up with this is simply conjecture. Do some basic research on coffee and tea extractions and one can easily deduce the problem with running a bath style system. Hint think french roast vs percolator this process is very similar especially given the fact the market is not happy with a cloudy product . however you seem like you know everything so telling you something is well futile

tommyl

Mr durden you are the same rude name calling guy on instagram. Are you always such a worth while contributor?. i thought with a name like mr durden you would be tough guy . i mean you think your tyler durden!! there is a country song by brad paisley " So much cooler online" made me think of you !! am rocking it now

primo says it was a hybrid and just like i said earlier he has all three of the extractors. you need to due some more research before making ridiculous assertions. Actually bhogart systems really drew their innovation from colorado extractors. More specifically DK Duckmang and Emotek so your claim as to GW coming up with this is simply conjecture. Do some basic research on coffee and tea extractions and one can easily deduce the problem with running a bath style system. Hint think french roast vs percolator this process is very similar especially given the fact the market is not happy with a cloudy product . however you seem like you know everything so telling you something is well futile

he says it is a hybrid? it can't do anything the IIIa can't do. so one dude who won't say why your system is so much better after comparing all three isn't much of a selling point.

what research should i be doing? i've seen the video's on your setup. aside from the ability to do 5 lbs but costing the purchaser 5k, what makes your system so much better? you have yet to state any reasons even though you think your system is so much better than everyone elses. still waiting on this one.

i'm going to assume french roast is running multiple runs and percolating is doing one blast? so you can do that with the IIIa, just like yours. i've blasted from the top, from the bottom, done multiple cycles on a tube... so again, other than the fact that you have a larger model, i still haven't heard you explain why yours is SO much better. i see you running some expensive yet tiny holding tank, a ghetto hose setup that is under sized, and of course your systems are expensive... what makes it so great?

also, that instagram page is just someone who you comp'd a system so you'd get traffic. he isn't willing to break down why yours is so bad ass compared to the tami or the IIIa, which must mean yours isn't so fantastic.

a cloudy product is less about how it is blasted and more about purging, consistent temps, etc.

Mr durden you are the same rude name calling guy on instagram. Are you always such a worth while contributor?. i thought with a name like mr durden you would be tough guy . i mean you think your tyler durden!! there is a country song by brad paisley " So much cooler online" made me think of you !! am rocking it now

poor baby got all defensive when i asked him to break down why your unit was so fantastic. why didn't he? well, cause he can't.

the reality is your system isn't all that and isn't worth the asking price.

did i say i was a tough guy? you might be reading into a screen name just a bit too much.

i'm still waiting for you to tell me why your system is so bad ass... but you can't seem to do so.

tommyl

BHOgart disobeys the rules , mock those in authority, and brazenly challenges the accepted wisdom. aint america great . that is how progress happens

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

No wish to get into a discussion of whose system is best, cause a simple shoot out should give that information without debate, assuming that they were all run according to their manufacturers spec.

Only the different creaters can tell you where their inspiration came from, if we even completely know.

To my recollection, FOAF deserves the gold star, for coming up with the original concept, using two pressure paint pots and a refrigerant recovery machine and republished it at IC Mag 4-26-06

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27954&highlight=foaf

From his work, I designed the Mk I & II Terpenator and published 2-7-2011

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=203067&highlight=Butane+extraction+recovery

Doublekindness was next to post Duckmangs device on 5-4-11

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=211453&highlight=Butane+extraction+recovery

Followed by my Mk III Terpenator on 9-19-12:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=245953&highlight=Terpenator

Followed by Emotek and BHOgart (dates ?)

http://emotek-extractors.mmjiq.com/

http://www.bhogart.com/

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greywolf I just recieved a "1 lb bhogart unit" and it came with a 3x36 inch spool and only tne 6x6 bottom tank, how in the world it that gling to worm? To fill the tube and drain to the tank would take way too much butane for that small 6x6 to recover safely without sucking up oil. Please help with some advice on what to tell the dude. Waited 3 weeks for this pos and tne sight glass is cracked also amd missing several parts

Sorry you're having problems with the BHOgart, and since I've never had the pleasure of running one, I am shooting from the hip.

As I understand it, the BHOgart runs continous flow, as opposed to a flood and soak system like the Terpenator. That is to say that the flooding an pumped recovery are coordinated to run at the same rate, so that the lower chamber never over fills.

I would first tell the dude (Matt?) that it arrived with a broken sight glass and missing parts. If that doesn't work out and you will tell me which parts, I may be able to aim you at a second source.

Sounds like Matt may be up to his butt in alligators and trying to keep up.

No wish to get into a discussion of whose system is best, cause a simple shoot out should give that information without debate, assuming that they were all run according to their manufacturers spec.

Only the different creaters can tell you where their inspiration came from, if we even completely know.

To my recollection, FOAF deserves the gold star, for coming up with the original concept, using two pressure paint pots and a refrigerant recovery machine and republished it at IC Mag 4-26-06

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27954&highlight=foaf

From his work, I designed the Mk I & II Terpenator and published 2-7-2011

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=203067&highlight=Butane+extraction+recovery

Doublekindness was next to post Duckmangs device on 5-4-11

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=211453&highlight=Butane+extraction+recovery

Followed by my Mk III Terpenator on 9-19-12:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=245953&highlight=Terpenator

Followed by Emotek and BHOgart (dates ?)

http://emotek-extractors.mmjiq.com/

http://www.bhogart.com/

Thanks GW. Mostly I'm poking fun at the guy because he says to check out some guys instagram for a shoot out of all three, which is nothing close to that. the instagram guy won't say why he prefers one over the other as he doesn't have time for it, but the bhogart takes to heart that his system is best according to instagram guy. the dude is utterly ridiculous. at the end of the day, his system is only better at running a lot of material at once... that's it.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is at primo_extracts.... search under users.

you should feel flattered GW, bhogart's system is becoming more and more like your stuff... well, he isn't quite there and it is still introducing inefficiencies, but maybe in the next iteration it'll be :)

Ummmm, I'm still not clever enough to find the article on either their facebook or company page, but to the point, I would love to have a shoot off with a BHOgart, if'n any of ya'll proud owner's live close enough for a side by side runoff.

We've been lucky enough to run a Lil Terp against a Tamasium TE-175, but so far a shoot off between any of the Terpenator's and another butane extraction system, has eluded us.

We can run a 3" X 36" Column on our original Mk I test sled, which sounds like should be a good comparison.

it is on instagram only and simply some extractor who supposedly has used all three models. it is the farthest thing from a shoot out because the guy refuses to explain the pro's and con's of the various systems, why he prefers the bhogart, etc. the primo guy basically says he has no time to discuss it, but mostly because he is a child who simply got a free or discounted bhogart in order to say it was the best.

i used the tami for about a year or so before upgrading to the IIIa. you really can't compare them as one is passive and the other isn't.

for the price, the IIIa can't be beat. of course this is helped greatly by the fact it is open source. you can run it as instructed, or do top down blasts like open tubes, long single run blasts where you have no dwell time for the butane, blast from the bottom up, etc.

DKgoods

on my bhogart , My blue side when running a shower -recovery shower is only between 6 and 10 psi. i don't understand why tis is happening and is it having an effect on my return of concentrate?

my system holds a seal when i pull a vacuum i have let it sit for an hour,still holding at -30.

Thanks for any help.

DKG