What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So what's your favorite cookware???

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

OK, about the only thing I haven't cooked in my 10" skillet is a steak or burger, it's seen plenty of bacon, chicken fillets, some pork chops and of course assorted veggies being sauteed and some egg work as well.

aaff2001.jpg

Wow. it/they exceed by far the OrGreenics 12" pan I bought & reviewed above. Again I seasoned by coating w/oil & baking for one hour @ 300F, midway through that hour I removed each pan from the oven to wipe again w/oil and assure even penetration, coating, seasoning.

The non-stick for the food cooking is a solid 10. Clean up is a 10. Some flaws will eventually show w/inexpensive cookware and so I'm guessing an 8.5 overall over the long haul. Short sighted rating right now is a 9.5/10, I'm really surprised.

After cooking some pork chops I sat down & relaxed, 2 hours later I turned the heat up (on low) under the pan to loosen the hardened grease, the doorbell rang & I sat outside for 45 mins visiting w/my neighbor all the while forgetting I had heat on that pan. I walked in to the the odor of burnt offerings. Didn't want to hit the hot pan w/cold water to break up that crap so I took a paper towel to the mess, it moved out of that pan like I was pointing a gun @ it.......

took a 2nd towel to it & then rinsed it when it cooled, I'm in love.

as mentioned the 8" is for egg duty & releases like a mofo every time, and eggs just drop out of the 10"er as well even though lots of meat has preceded its arrival, it's my experience that meat proteins break down the release properties of non-stick cookware where eggs are concerned.

2 pans for $35.00 of the Green+Life brand in Wal-Mart. an awesome deal.

M.R.GT

Veteran
Revere ware copper bottom and knives. Received a full set of cook ware and knives 30 yrs ago as a wedding present and still going strong.

lots of old cast iron used mostly to fry chicken and make corn bread most of its inherited and close to 100 years old and very well seasoned.

wife bought some pampered chefs dutch ovens. they a pretty nice and have replaced my cast iron dutch oven for everything but camping.

cant beat cast iron over an open fire.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cooked a medium well ribeye last night and a very well done burger tonight in the Green+Life 10" skillet w/out any sticking at all, zero, and I scorched that burger.

The OrGreenics would have had to have been soaked to loosen the well done beef as noted above the first time I cooked a ribeye in it.

I'm sold on the quality of the ceramic coating on the Green+Life pans, much nicer than the OrGreenics brand.