What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

EsterEssence

Veteran
It's 29* with snow and wind, gonna stay inside and trim the sun is out so the snow will be gone today. I like to watch it snow and here the sun will come out and melt it away and this weekend it will be in the 70's. Have a great 2019.

St. Phatty

Just under $500 per year property tax in the rural confines here. We have been in our home for 26 years.

That sounds great !

If I could vote on what to pay for - the parts that are functional. Which varies from county to county.

I'm taking care of the cat, learning how to feed meds to a cat that doesn't want to eat.

And glue-ing up some cardboard targets for the range. I use Potato Chip boxes.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Evening all. Holidays are over and all the relatives are gone like a fart in the wind.....we must have ran out of booze and food.....or their all smoked out....????

@ Miner...I was in the car business for over 40 years. PM me and I can give you some advise on both the price and how to find that dream car...

I'm with you Ester. Got to 12 above 0 today. I only went out to do remove snow.

Keep working with the kitty. Like I said...you are a good man....

I am worn out. Stayed up late and had to rise early to make coffee for the sleepovers. Probably take a couple of days to recover.

Tomorrow is another day though....time for another toke....

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Evening Mr. Miner. Lets talk about your car. I am loaded so the night time isn't the right time for me. But, couple of basics to start....if you know these things, and I suspect you will know many judging from your pm, some you won't know.

You are very specific on the model and year. Try a search engine and do it nation wide. I have been retired 9 years now but AuroTrader.com was the best at that time. You can refine your search in several ways. By doing it nation wide you can not only find what is available within your shopping range but what the prices are nation wide.

Try and buy from a private owner vs a dealer. Give a dealer and a good recon facility and they can make a totaled....flood car look new for $250.

Before buying ask for a vehicle history report. Carfax or something similar. Ask for the expanded report...much more detailed. You can get you own online for a small fee.

Take it to an independent mechanic Preferably someone you know and trust.

I am loaded enough for tonight. Price does not matter at this time...find what you want.

buzzmobile

Veteran
38th wedding anniversary today. We're going to have lunch at a fine little restaurant that's off a wonderful canopy road. I think Wedding Cake joints are appropriate for the occasion.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Congrats Buzz. You have been on the same roller coaster for a long time. My 45th is coming up in July.

I am busier that a one legged man in an ass kicking contest today. With the holidays and all the trimming I have neglected the veg room. Culling, dumping soil in the outside garden, washing those pots and getting ready to up-pot. Vicious circle....

BB later....

St. Phatty

I got a cat carrier to prepare for Friday's cat appointment. Basically I have to call at 8 AM to see if there's a cancellation.

You guys would appreciate the furnishings of the cage.

It has a big bag of Grape OG, and a few other bags of Cannabis. The male cat has just spent a 1/2 day parking on a 2 gallon bag of pot, surrounded by other bags of pot, in a corner of the bedroom-greenhouse.

Hope the vet isn't anti-Cannabis !

Trying to educate myself more about Russian & Chinese history.

Spending part of the afternoon reading about Russian & Chinese Natural & Man-made disasters.

The one that always stayed in my mind was the collapse of the roof of a public pool in Moscow, from the weight of the snow, in the '80's or '90's. That will put a dent in one's work-out.

Very interesting to see the contrast between Russia & China. Russia seems to have more man-made disasters. I wonder how sensitive Russians are about that.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Phatty, I by no means am and expert on what Russia and China are doing. But, IMO neither country cares about the environment or their people. Beijing has so much smog I don't see how it is inhabitable. Russia had that nuclear disaster in Chernobyl years ago and from what I have read it is still a dead zone. Very little interest in renewable energy....

We are all beating the shit out of mother nature......some day she is gonna get even.....

St. Phatty

Phatty, I by no means am and expert on what Russia and China are doing. But, IMO neither country cares about the environment or their people. Beijing has so much smog I don't see how it is inhabitable. Russia had that nuclear disaster in Chernobyl years ago and from what I have read it is still a dead zone. Very little interest in renewable energy....

We are all beating the shit out of mother nature......some day she is gonna get even.....

Afraid it's kind of like a race to the bottom ... the kind of "top 10" list you don't want to be on.

I'm much more familiar with US history.

https://qz.com/1461195/did-the-woos...ornia-says-no-and-a-group-of-doctors-say-yes/

I wonder what's really going on at the Santa Susana nuclear waste site, after the very recent fire that completely surrounded it.

(What did Saint Susan do to deserve having a nuclear waste site named after her ?)

But, today we have a total of 80 minutes of sun for the semi-frozen veg. garden !

I'm about to feed about 3 ounces of corn juice to the sick cat. It's much easier to feed him after he's had a pain med.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Beautiful day coming here. Almost shorts and t-shirt weather. I have to spend the morning in the garden but this afternoon I will be out in the sun.

Hope your cat is better Phatty.

Hydro8

Morning all. Beautiful day coming here. Almost shorts and t-shirt weather. I have to spend the morning in the garden but this afternoon I will be out in the sun.

Oh Yeah.. supposed to hit 60 to day with sun. I am defiantly going to try to soak some of that up !

Feels like the last week of so I have been hiding inside with the heater on. blah

St. Phatty

Hope your cat is better Phatty.

Turns out he has a really REALLY bad cold, sore throat.

They switched him from Cephalexin category antibiotics, to Penicillin category chewable.

I declined to have them give him a big shot, so I have a supply of 13 antibiotic pills, he got one at the vet.

If he doesn't get better it's a nastier virus, the vet mentioned Feline AIDS.

He drank water and

in the Too Much Information department

is right in the middle of having his first bowel movement since Sunday.

He was also drinking water earlier today.

I've giving him a mushy cat food that you inject into the side of his mouth.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Much respect sent your way my friend. Animals are kind to mean people......to bad some people don't follow that way of thinking.....you are one who does....Be well and have a good day.

Good job, St Phatty. We have rescued so many homeless cats around here I've lost count. All around December/January when they need it most. The neighbours think we're nuts but if they were stray dogs they'd be the first to help. Anyway, all the best with that soul.:)