What's new

So...what's up today?

Just had someone try and tell me that Flo was named that because "it's the only strain that can regenerate a bud" ... It was derived from a batch of test plants that Sagarmatha bred which he referred to as "Floral Line", hence, Flo.

EsterEssence

Veteran
My 18 yr old dog was on his last day yesterday, so today I'll be burying him out by his buddy that died a few years ago, no more outside large dogs for me. My small indoor dog and a cat are enough. My feet are already killing me from being on them so much yesterday hanging with him, we already dug the hole. Tough night and today isn't going to be the best day, attachment is a tough lesson...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Afternoon all. So sorry to hear about your loss Ester. My dog is my best friend. After my daughter grew up and left my animals have become my children.

I had my semi annual urologist appointment today...loads of fun. Fricken prostrate. Part of getting old. At least everything checked out and only have to do and annual check up now with my primary care doc.

Took a nice walk and am getting ready to go an pop some jars. Light day in the garden.....

Out to dinner tonight and a Nuggets game after...loving life....

St. Phatty

Sorry to hear of your loss, Ester.

I have a cat that I keep inside most of the time, because I don't want to have to deal with my feelings if a neighbor shoots him.

The indoor cat is trying to form words. I talk to him and he responds with his usual "Mahhhh" meow sound, but twists it as if he's trying to make a second sound. A 2 syllable cat word.

I tell him "very impressive" when he does things like that, and then he says "Mahhhh" again.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have heard that both dogs and cats have the mentally of a 5 year old child. I believe that to be true. My dog understands many things I say to her. She loves being talked to in a loving way. The my two cats understand as well mostly they just don't give a fuck....

here is a pic of my dog Zoie...

picture.php

St. Phatty

I used to think animals needed another one of their kind.

Now I see they make a family in whichever way.

I think it depends partially on how much turd control a home-maker is willing to put up with.

The 3 week old Cornish hen baby is spending about 1/2 of her time with 1 or 2 cats, and some time stomping loudly down the hallway, picking out all the bits of cat food that got knocked out of the bowl etc.

If there's any hemp seeds that rolled into the corner, or "Drop on Floor" buds, she is picking over all of it. Pretty much inspecting every corner of everything.

So in other words I think she is ready to go outside with the big birds, because she is leaving turds in some of those corners. :woohoo:

The other birds all picked at her when I put her outside a week ago. So I thought I should bring her inside for more cat babysitting while she put on weight or something.

I am surprised. I was led to believe that Cornish Rocks are these sluggish birds, like the guy that explodes in the Monty Python comedy skit, Mr. Creosote ~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_z_mnSSmQg

I assure you, this new little white bird is nothing like Mr. Creosote.

This is one of the most hyper birds I've ever had, and she's only 3 weeks old.

The other super hyper bird, the white Silkie that got slashed across her lower back and lost all her tail feathers, after she charged the bigger cat (mountain lion) - well she's sort of a special case.

So this bird that was supposed to be sluggish is rivalling the Silkie in hyper-ness, at a tender young age. I don't know enough about birds to know what that means.

The Silkie gets to be about the size of a pigeon. The Cornish Rock hen should be a beefy 6 or 7 pound bird, at least when it's raised on a farm.

T

Teddybrae

We loved our dogs like Family and when they died the pain was so great we decided NO MORE! In the long run ATTACHMENT is a bed of thorns. But sorry for your Loss!

My 18 yr old dog was on his last day yesterday, so today I'll be burying him out by his buddy that died a few years ago, no more outside large dogs for me. My small indoor dog and a cat are enough. My feet are already killing me from being on them so much yesterday hanging with him, we already dug the hole. Tough night and today isn't going to be the best day, attachment is a tough lesson...

EsterEssence

Veteran
Thanks for all the kind words, he's buried out by his buddy, who died a few years ago. Glad it is over, now back to getting ready for the rain. Oh and the appt. with the cardiologist today.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Another beautiful start to the day here in the Colo foothills. 60f already! Clouds and cooler weather are headed this way so will enjoy this while I can.

My leg is sore so no walk today. Wife wants to go shopping so I guess I will tag along for something to do.

Just spent the last hour and a half in the garden. Washed pots and looked everything over....not much going on. Tomorrow will be a busy one. Not today....

I agree with Teddy....no more dogs after this one. Hurts to much to see them go....they just don't live long enough...Will still probably have a cat as my daughter can easily take it if something happens to my and Mrs Pute....we are getting up there in years.

Time to go and take advantage of this warm sunshine.....bb later

St. Phatty

I have a special burial area under a Honeycrisp Apple tree,
in a sort of Zen Banzai hillside garden type area,
where I buried a favorite hen, the only one to die of old age,
with a rooster to keep her company.

The other animals, like a raccoon and a deer, are buried in another area, where a Fuji Apple tree is sort of going nuts growing on their compost pile.

The cat escaped today and it was raining, so he stayed close to home. He got to enjoy his 2 hours outdoors.

I'm thinking of asking another neighbor to behave as a rational adult and ask the crazier other neighbor to lift the Fatwa he declared on my cat.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I am going to string lights around the house today.

Weatherman says that we are going to gets a LOT of rain starting tomorrow night and running through the weekend. Florida basements are not made for that. ;)

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
@ Buzz....I have already done that. Not like both my wife and I used to since we became empty Nester's. Actually that was years ago. This year however the kids are going to the dreaded In-Laws so Christmas will be just me and Mrs Pute. So, not so much decorating.

Christmas isn't what it use to be for us. But a couple extra bowls makes up for it....good night.

buzzmobile

Veteran
@ Buzz....I have already done that. Not like both my wife and I used to since we became empty Nester's. Actually that was years ago. This year however the kids are going to the dreaded In-Laws so Christmas will be just me and Mrs Pute. So, not so much decorating.

Christmas isn't what it use to be for us. But a couple extra bowls makes up for it....good night.
I felt the pressure mounting to get it done since reading you had put yours up.:laughing: We didn't have children and my wife loves Christmas so I continue to decorate and haul trunks of lights and ornaments between the house and the shed each year. 25 years ago I was all over the roof and chimney stringing lights. I limit myself to a 6' step ladder now.

Of course there was one string of lights that tested perfectly until everything was in place. It didn't light.:dance013: Green Crack took the sting out of the malfunction.:biggrin:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The time we have with our dogs far outweighs the pain of the end. My dog is my best friend and he is unique and like everyone's dog, the smartest best dog in the world. When it is his time I don't know how I will deal. I'm actually tearing up thinking about it typing this. Everyday I get with him is worth it though. Life would be boring as hell without a mutt by my side.

Hey Buzz how ya been?

Mr.Miner

So sorry for your loss. 18 years is one heck of a life and I bet you gave him a great one.
I feel for you today. Hope your day is filled with fond memories.

Thanks for all the kind words, he's buried out by his buddy, who died a few years ago. Glad it is over, now back to getting ready for the rain. Oh and the appt. with the cardiologist today.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. I can't even go on vacation without worrying myself sick over my dog. I won't put her in a kennel and a pet sitter coming by a couple times a day won't work either. So, she goes where I go.

I am with you Lester. I tear up when I think about my best friends from the past. This one is really gonna hurt. Fortunately she is only 8 so we will spend many more years together.

Up-potting and a trip to the grow store are on the schedule on this cloudy/snowy day. Good day to be inside...

Latest posts

Latest posts