What's new

So what are your excuses?

K

KMK0420

...for growing, that is!

And what I mean by that... if you've been in a situation where someone (who would definitely rat you out) saw your grow cabinet and/or heard your grow room, and inquired what it was (the noise, smell, etc.) - what is your excuse?

Those of you who say you are growing a different type of plant, and they ask why, then what?

I just want to have some quick answers on hand if someone questions why there is a big black tent in my room making noise :)

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I am 215 compliant, so when my Landlord hit me up saying someone told them I was growing, I said, "Yes"-- Gave them copies of mine and my son's Recs...and a copy of 215--
That was 2 years ago, still growing, and haven't heard another word--:yeahthats

K

KMK0420

I am 215 compliant, so when my Landlord hit me up saying someone told them I was growing, I said, "Yes"-- Gave them copies of mine and my son's Recs...and a copy of 215--

well, this was mainly geared to those who have to live with some sort of paranoia of being busted and facing serious time....but on the flip side...lucky fuck! :)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Cuz indoor tomatoes are BOMB.
Indoor peppers are some FIRE.
Indoor egg plants get hella PURPLE.
Indoor berries get STICKY ICKY.
Indoor coca leaves are some DOPE....

B

Blue Dot

Boy did you get lucky.

Landlords in CA are under no law to allow a 215 garden at their lessees residence.

They could have turned you in in a heartbeart.

Actually, if the landlord has knowledge of your grow then they cannot claim ignorance at a civil asset forfeiture trial so you both are lucky.

215 allows you to grow, it doesn't allow you to grow at a rental property you don't own.

This is similar to when the dea sent out those "letters" to the landlords of the dispensaries (re: asset forfeiture).

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Boy did you get lucky.

Landlords in CA are under no law to allow a 215 garden at their lessees residence.

They could have turned you in in a heartbeart.

Actually, if the landlord has knowledge of your grow then they cannot claim ignorance at a civil asset forfeiture trial so you both are lucky.

215 allows you to grow, it doesn't allow you to grow at a rental property you don't own.

This is similar to when the dea sent out those "letters" to the landlords of the dispensaries (re: asset forfeiture).

Sorry, but you are full of shit-- There is no such law about growing if you rent--
I have also had LEO and CPS (Child Protective Services} here, seen my garden, and left...satisfied that I was within my limits--
I have a thread about it here somewhere--

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you are so wrong, there is ABSOLUETLY no caveat about having to grow on your own property. That's just BAD info BD, really bad info.......

Proposition 215: Text of Proposed Law

This initiative measure is submitted to the people in accordance with the provisions of Article II, Section 8 of the Constitution.

This initiative measure adds a section to the Health and Safety Code; therefore, new provisions proposed to be added are printed in italic type to indicate that they are new.

PROPOSED LAW

SECTION 1. Section 11362.5 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:
11362.5. (a) This section shall be known and may be cited as the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.
(b)(1) The people of the State of California hereby find and declare that the purposes of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 are as follows:
(A) To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes where that medical use is deemed appropriate and has been recommended by a physician who has determined that the person's health would benefit from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain, spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine, or any other illness for which marijuana provides relief.
(B) To ensure that patients and their primary caregivers who obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes upon the recommendation of a physician are not subject to criminal prosecution or sanction.
(C) To encourage the federal and state governments to implement a plan to provide for the safe and affordable distribution of marijuana to all patients in medical need of marijuana.
(2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to supersede legislation prohibiting persons from engaging in conduct that endangers others, nor to condone the diversion of marijuana for nonmedical purposes.
(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no physician in this state shall be punished, or denied any right or privilege, for having recommended marijuana to a patient for medical purposes.
(d) Section 11357, relating to the possession of marijuana, and Section 11358, relating to the cultivation of marijuana, shall not apply to a patient, or to a patient's primary caregiver, who possesses or cultivates marijuana for the personal medical purposes of the patient upon the written or oral recommendation or approval of a physician.
(e) For the purposes of this section, ''primary caregiver" means the individual designated by the person exempted under this section who has consistently assumed responsibility for the housing, health, or safety of that person.

SEC. 2. If any provision of this measure or the application thereof to any person or circumstance is held invalid, that invalidity shall not affect other provisions or applications of the measure that can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provisions of this measure are severable.

Before you go spouting off with misinformation that might actually have somebody tear down a current LEGAL grow just try looking up the info first.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
...for growing, that is!

And what I mean by that... if you've been in a situation where someone (who would definitely rat you out) saw your grow cabinet and/or heard your grow room, and inquired what it was (the noise, smell, etc.) - what is your excuse?

Those of you who say you are growing a different type of plant, and they ask why, then what?

I just want to have some quick answers on hand if someone questions why there is a big black tent in my room making noise :)

hello man,

regarding the smell, if you are growing indoors you should control that very well, check out the indoor grow forums regarding odour control methods.

you can also try to find fans that make less noise... and/or a small and quiet a/c unit...

bringing people into your room with a grow tent is not a good idea, sadly, growers have to be very careful... no people in your room seeing your tent, no need for excuses.

remember the famous three Ls

don't tell
don't smell
don't sell

be safe and good luck man

peace

AbbieDoobie

There are 5 senses: Sight, Sound, Smell, Taste, and Touch.

Why my method of growing in a locked outdoor shed surrounded by a fence on my own land works:
1) Locked in a shed out of sight.
2) Fan is muffled with several layers of thick blankets and pillows.
3) I use an active charcoal filter.
4) I don't sell or share, so no one can taste my product.
5) No one touches anything but me.

I'm neither 215 nor paranoid. At all.

The only thing that will get me is an act of God. And, in the end, He will get us all.

~Abbie :joint:

tngreen

Veteran
my landlords maintenance dude was right next to the cab when i had to move it a bit so he could do some work. guess he heard a chain rattle cause he asked what was in there and i just said some random shit. no further questions or suspicion. most people have no idea it is even possible to grow small so that thought doesn't cross their mind unless u shove it in their face from smell, sound, or light.

G

Guest 18340

OK, a real life situation here: I lived in a rental for awhile and ended up sealing the garage door from the inside and turning the one car garage into a grow room. Well, prior to transforming it, i used to hangout in the garage alot with my neighbor from across the street. You know, 2 pot heads sitting in the garage at night smoking herb and shwilling brew, door wide open, just chillin.
Then one day, in front of other neighbors (who are also potheads) the mother fucker says "hey dude, how come we don't hangout in your garage anymore? What are you doing in there?"
My jaw hit the ground, i swear. So...I flipped the situation on him and dug in his ass right in front of everybody-"Dude, saying stupid shit like that can get bring trouble. dont ever play around like that and say stupid shit like that because you never know how poeple are gonna take it". He sat there looking bewildered and kept trying to convince me that "we're all cool here" and "nobody is out to get anybody busted" etc etc.
I kept up my verbal assault, letting him know that I didnt give a fuck if he was only joking, that even jokingly implying that I'm growing weed in my garage is enough to bring heat. (of coarse i'm steady denying that anything is going on in there)
I really dug in his ass good, kept ripping him on how the jails and prisons are full of people who were told "we're all cool". (I should know, i did 5 solid years in a NJ prison).
Anyway, our friendship ended soon after and he moved.
I told him that i dont trust people and that i have two childrena and a wife and that his joker mouth was a liability etc etc.
I kept growing though, didnt tear anything down.
I know this doesnt answer your question directly, and I'm wasted right now, but you get the idea.
Also, I'm a firm believer in "don't do the crime if you can't do the time", period.
Evl...

NOKUY

Veteran
bad answer....your lucky.

OK, a real life situation here: I lived in a rental for awhile and ended up sealing the garage door from the inside and turning the one car garage into a grow room. Well, prior to transforming it, i used to hangout in the garage alot with my neighbor from across the street. You know, 2 pot heads sitting in the garage at night smoking herb and shwilling brew, door wide open, just chillin.
Then one day, in front of other neighbors (who are also potheads) the mother fucker says "hey dude, how come we don't hangout in your garage anymore? What are you doing in there?"
My jaw hit the ground, i swear. So...I flipped the situation on him and dug in his ass right in front of everybody-"Dude, saying stupid shit like that can get bring trouble. dont ever play around like that and say stupid shit like that because you never know how poeple are gonna take it". He sat there looking bewildered and kept trying to convince me that "we're all cool here" and "nobody is out to get anybody busted" etc etc.
I kept up my verbal assault, letting him know that I didnt give a fuck if he was only joking, that even jokingly implying that I'm growing weed in my garage is enough to bring heat. (of coarse i'm steady denying that anything is going on in there)
I really dug in his ass good, kept ripping him on how the jails and prisons are full of people who were told "we're all cool". (I should know, i did 5 solid years in a NJ prison).
Anyway, our friendship ended soon after and he moved.
I told him that i dont trust people and that i have two childrena and a wife and that his joker mouth was a liability etc etc.
I kept growing though, didnt tear anything down.
I know this doesnt answer your question directly, and I'm wasted right now, but you get the idea.
Also, I'm a firm believer in "don't do the crime if you can't do the time", period.
Evl...

...for growing, that is!

There is no excuse.

If someone discovers your black tent smelling or making noise, leaking HPS light, etc. you are toast.

I don't know your living situation but I had a friend who rented a place with a loft and had a growtent in it. When somebody asked what is that? from downstairs he said it was a portable storage unit. But that if she had been right next to it, that explanation would not have worked. I suggested he "hide it in plain sight."

Piled up rubermaids and boxes in from of it. He was using a carbofilter already and finally, he put a portible radio in the loft that he could turn off buy remote, but was otherwise always on. So, it just looks like a bunch of junk being stored bachelor style rather that something unexplainable. He had people over all the time and no-one said nothing.

On the other hand, if you don't have a second bedroom or other place that would credibly be used for storage, ie, you are growing in a homebox-type tent in your one-bed or studio apt, then, good luck with your upcoming eviction and/or incarceration. :yoinks:

-dTv

G

Guest 18340

Yeah, looking back i know i should've handled it diferently, but i was genuinely pissed off at his stupid comment. I really had respect for the guy and thought he was smarter than that.
I dont live there anymore anyway and he has no clue where i live and now ive got a nice room tucked away in the corner of my 2 car garage and i can leave the garage door wide open and no one has a clue ;)

DIH419

Put a lock on your grow room doors and keep everything inside there. Don't ever feel guilty about what you're doing, people will pick up on that guilt. Don't ever tell anybody unless you want to be blackmailed or robbed. Be cautious about who you smoke with and what you're smoking them down with .. buy a bag of schwag to smoke with strangers or untrustworthy people .. because most people aren't stupid and can easily put two and two together. Don't lie unless you have to, but make sure you convince yourself those lies are true and justified. Everything that is out of sight is out of mind, including buds, grow equipment, and people with loose lips and mental problem such as psychopaths .. and I'm not talking about some compulsive murderer or something .. I'm talking about that person we all know who tells us all kinds of stories all the time with pointless lies and obscured reality. Those people who have to be around other people and get constant attention from others, boast about everything, have a false sense of confidence, are often passive aggressive, and will tell you the tallest untrue tale sitting behind a bar as long as you listen. I think you get the point though. Out of sight - out of mind.