What's new

so stealth the wife wont know?

CoCoSativas

dunno if you got it or not, cocosativas, but just to be sure I'll say it.. 40 grams per month doesn't necessary means harvesting 1 month old plants and getting 40 grams. It's usually the average smoking needs of the user, meaning if a grow takes let's say 4 months and yelds 160 grams, that's 40 grams per month. Or it could be done in a perpetual grow type, harvesting ripe plants every month, and planting others in their place.

Both options are hard to do in very small spaces, as the op has.

Sorry i misunderstood what he meant. i thought he was meant trying to flower plants in it and cut them after aa month of flower. Lol i spend alot of my time stoned out of my mind on wax these days.

I would loke to see someone make a grow like the one propesed work. That would be very cool.

ganjourno

.5gpw is around 1oz per square foot (a pound from a 1k light on a 4x4 canopy). That translates to 1oz per square foot. So work backward from there. Each square foot gives you 1 ounce every ~3 months. If you want 40g/month, that's 120g per 3 month cycle, which means 4 square feet of canopy to hit your goal. A stealth 1.5x3 footprint cabinet with CFLs in the garage is likely the only workable plan for doing it at home. You will need to be super careful about odor and wear long sleeve gloves etc when you work in there. Just do a single plant PPK and top it off every week or so.

I still think hiding it from your wife is a dumbshit idea and the risk is not worth the reward.

Dion

Wow this thread has become something it shouldnt. They guy asked a question, not for oodles of moral advice. We are all rebels anyway, some more than others. Its not like he is asking for how to cheat and get away with it, he want to know if he can grow dope in a 1 square foot space and get a oz and a half per month.

I dont think you can with the space. Its too small, weed plants arent daisys.

The first thing that came to mind is, with no mom, whats your plan for clones or seeds.

It would ve eazier and cheaper to buy a bag as someone already pointed out. Get a dope dealers number and voila, problem solver. Or do the outdoor.

My last stoned thought on this thread for now is, you should probably just stand up for yourself and tell your wife. Tell her its either this or pay for it from a dope dealer (which is a little more expensive).

At the end of the day its up to you, lots of people have posted viable options to consider. It really depends on you, your wife, where you live (laws) anddd your situation in general.

well after veg and sexing some seeds i was thinking to get it going id top a plant, root the top, throw the orriginal into flower, repeat get a train of 4 in 15x15 square pots veging behind the aquarium( 18x60cm floor space) and have 4 in flower in a 1sq ft
so thats 8 plants total looking at a quick flowering strain (70 days? looking at king kong )

so im harvesting 1 per 16-18 days.... aiming for 30g per sq ft i guess 8g per plant

still way behind target though so id would infact need to flower spaces or 2sq ft to hit targets perhaps repotting to the bigger fots for 1 week of veg then flower

i was thinking to use coco wth blumat or hempy to reduce watering/accessing the garden but i love the organics so biobizz with soil seems likely athough i think the passive hydro will yield faster results ( whatcha think?)

and was also gonna put in cheap comp cameras to just peak in so not to open it up too much

drying would be in the untilities chamber where the odor contrl would be

i guess where im stuck is venting-how to vent multiple chambers without suss ducting all around and what kinda fan i could use ie diy vs prefab odor rig

the space for the aquaponics is a 2mx2mx1m tent of sorts with a 1x1 table in it busy doing lettuce n chillies plus herbs

this means i have about 50cm x 1m either side plus the space behind the tank

maybe a single 50 x 80ish cab would work? (1.3 sq ft)

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wouldn't do it if she's not on board. She won't take kindly to finding out about it after the fact should an incident ensue. I hid my smoking for years and I never once felt good about myself for it. a sin of omission if you will, felt the same as lying to her to me at least. not how I want to treat the love of my life. finally came clean with her, what a fuckin' row that was. we got past it tho.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
sure, it's possible. I grew for two years in my laundry room. cab sat next to the cat litter box, exhaust went out through dryer vent, and I did both the laundry & kitty litter duty. only time my wife went into the room was to dry and fold her clothes. (apparently, I am physically unable to fold them the way she wants...:biggrin:) is it feasible? that depends on worst-case scenario of what will she do if she finds out? this is something only you can answer...

LifeLess

Veteran
I think i could pull it off a couple times but anymore then that no. My wife would no i was up to something. Soon as they think even the slightest thing is up its all over. GL

N

noyd666

picture.php
:biggrin:

yes, if you plant an automatic seeds outdoors on April 25 those will germinate to May 1, and will be ready to July 10. (70 days from germination) and can yield around 15-30 g per plant.

its a very safe way to produce some weed fast. I grow them every year.

outdoors with good auto genetics you can yield 90 or a 100 g - look in the autoflower forum, some plants put out nicely.

SwayzesGhost

meh well most of these posts are from march, but I just wanted to suggest using a fake wall. I feel like all these stealth grow cabinets only delay the discovery of your plants while a fake wall may never be discovered. You also need to make a stealth entry point.

I remember my dad used to try to grow in secret, and if it wasn't for the smell he might have gotten away with it. The house smelled... different once in a while. I tracked that shit down.

whatsmells

Talk to her about it. They like to be included in your "little hobby". My wife was against it till I included her. Now she waters the plants on the days I am out of town as I hand water every day. She is not too happy about the new gorilla tent that just showed up in the bedroom. I just need a place to veg for now I told her.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Not mine unfortunately. Best to keep it out of sight and out of mind. Lends to less paranoia with my girl if she's not constantly seeing it and hearing about it.

Then again... it became not just a "little hobby" anymore, and it's not cool to put anyone at risk for my decisions. A few plants in a closet she might be a little less worried about though..

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I don't honestly see how you'll be able to do this when you look at harvest and working with the plants as well. Whenever I'm in my room I emerge stinking like whatever was growing in there. Maybe if she's used to you smoking. I get the impression that is something she doesn't like much either though.

Maybe your best bet would be to find a small patch outdoors and grow a bunch of autoflowering (or photo if your region is amenable) plants where no one can get in trouble if they're found. You can harvest and easily hit your 40g a month without that much effort IMO.

Then you won't have to stress out your wife.

Latest posts

Latest posts