What's new

SO IT IS NEARLY XMAS

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If i could afford it i would love one of those VW utes... but i would be more than happy with an 90's terrano or pathfinder that had been looked after with a turbo diesel, snorkel and 4 doors :D

C

CLOWD11

History time! :)

What is this christmas thing?
The only birthday being celebrated at "christmas" (winter solstice) is for tammuz. It was historically on the 25th though the procession of the equinox has brought the solstice forward to the 22nd over the last 2500 years.
Enjoy your sungod worshipping and pagan rituals mixed with a little material greed you heathens! :tiphat:

More info here..

Tankavich

i would like a mini air conditioner to cool my grow box :( my plants have stopped growing due to summer heat mixed with my lights heat :((((( on the other hand when i moved them out side they went ballistic and are looking super happy in their 'al fresco' home

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
If i could afford it i would love one of those VW utes... but i would be more than happy with an 90's terrano or pathfinder that had been looked after with a turbo diesel, snorkel and 4 doors :D

Be careful with VW, the Amarok ute 4WD appears to be very capable, but from experience the costs of service and parts are very high on modern VW vehicles. My old Toyo is miss reliable...but past it's use by date. If you go diesel...never miss an oil, filter change.

OldSkoolKlein

And never neglect the occasional fuel filter check! I worked for Toyota Industrial Equipment for 4 yrs, and I'll vouch how tough they are... when you change filters regularly, and when possible use genuine parts. I won't reply to any difference of opinions, as I used to deal with forklifts that ran 24/7 and saw what happens when you cheap out on consumables like these. It ain't worth the drama for a few bucks. Saw a $5K engine go bye-byes cos they scabbed out on oil filters. Machine was 3 mths old. Idiots even admitted they scabbed out on the oil filters. Funny thing was i had a few customers that had (10 yrs ago) 30+yr old toyota forklifts going like champions cos they just bought genuine filters. For many years, Toyota used modified 'Cruiser engines (early ones like the H, 2H engines and some later ones like 1JZ etc, just had a different timing case cover to accommodate a hydraulic pump). So even parts for the older ones are still in reasonable supply.

And depending on the fuel quality maybe consider some stuff that cleans the lines out, like Chemtech. Don't get Wynns, it's crapola. Wynns: 1 bottle per tank. Chemtech: 1 capful per tank. Experience from my Hiace.

Or, just go with what the locals run vehicle wise, if there is a majority one way or another. And when you have a shortlist vehicle wise, look for forums on those brands, and learn from other peoples mistakes about what models to go for and what 1's to avoid.

P.S. My Xmas wish. Just a job. Nothing too hard. But something where i use the grey matter, as opposed to brawn.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I just ordered my Xmas present...back in debt again. New 3.2 litre turbo diesel ute, 6 speed box. I've had 2 offers already for the old ute...they can have it.

Now I will feel more comfortable in the bush, I will keep all my recovery gear, the factory tyres are shit so will wreck them in a short amount of time and replace with Mickey Thompson or BF Goodrich.

Time to get a present.

Last edited:
L

luvaduck

Nice one HC... I can hear the sambar shivering from here.....
Should be good for getting out and about?..
Maybe harvest a christmas tree or two?
All the best for this pagan season....

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts