What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I bought this tent...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 13 pre haircut.
picture.php

Day 13 post hair cut.
picture.php

Except for the odd dying leaf here and there, I won't touch them again until harvest.

I'm thinking I'd really like to see just 4 of the Mindboggle x NYCD veged to probably 30-32 days under a screen, then flip to 12/12. She's begging to be tied down or SCROGed. She has all these little shoots coming up from the bottom of the branches trying to reach the light that would make awesome little golf ball sized nugs if they could get better lighting.

I also think I want to add some 1750k COB's to hang next to each corner of the HLG light. If I had to guess, I'd say the parents of this plant were selected under HID where they had a bit more stretch than they do under my LEDs. Because I'm pretty sure their done stretching.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taken about 15 minutes ago.
picture.php

Couple close ups of the MBxNYCD. Already starting to see tiny trich formation.
picture.php

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not blemish to be seen. Looking good. Crazy how little they stretch. Have you ever tried lifting the light further away during the first couple weeks to encourage elongation?

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not blemish to be seen.

I definitely wouldn't say that. The BMR on the right is showing how much she hates nitrogen. Last run of her. Other two rows I'm happy with especially since everything is brand new.

Everything is so new, including the genetics, I haven't wanted to try too many new things. They did stretch more than the original plants did though. So I got that going for me.

If the MBxNYCD gets run again next again time I'll give that a shot. I tried keeping it between 26" and 30" thinking that would be enough. But I guess not.

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 18 top of MBxNYCD by AnnaC
picture.php

I'm seeing just a bit of burn at the tips. I'm thinking the soil is a little too hot.

Next time around should be better.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i grew lots of good stuff from annac...can't remember what right now....wait,one was a triple diesel...treisel,that one was good....

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
I had the amnesia 99 yrs ago and hit her with Bangkok betty male ,Bangkok blackout was the result.wished I made more then I did

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 23 right before an ACT watering.
picture.php

That BMR on the right looks sickly as hell next to her sister on the left.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
those blue line genetics don't like nutes very much...
I don't think she likes communal living either.

Last run with her anyways. Culled the mom a couple weeks ago. Same with the other BMR that was the mother of the 3 on the left.

Only mom I have left is the MB x NYCD. And man, she is producing some fine looking flowers. In person she's glistening white. I've heard others talk about it, but have never witnessed it myself until now.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 28 close up of MBxNYCD. Very happy with how they are doing.
picture.php

Whole bed. BMR on the right is definitely not happy. But the one on the left is. Go figure. One on the right does have an awesome bubblegum smell when brushed up against though.
picture.php

I like this picture
picture.php

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am seeing now I'm going to need to add a bit more feather meal to my amendment package if I want to keep growing the MBxcNYCD. I had to remove quite a few fan leaves that had yellowed up over the weekend. I gave them a bit of an N boost with some fish emulsion I have (5-1-1). Hopefully they'll green back up in the next couple of days.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had to leave for a week for work, which should not have been a problem.

Came back to the MindBoggle x NYCD looking like this.
As you can see, there are an absolute ton of amber trichs on the small fan leaves at day 35.

I'm not sure what happened. All thoughts are welcome. I'll added updated pictures tonight when the lights turn on.

I kind of had the same thing happen to me last time with the Blue Moon Rocks mother. Day 42 completely clear and glistening. Day 44, 60-70% amber everywhere.

It's like the plant gets to a point, and it flips a switch.

I gave them another ACT, and added in a half dose of Down to Earth organic 4-8-4. I'm going to let them keep going, as I've nothing to lose at this point. If nothing else, it'll help me sleep really, really well.

The BMRs to either side of her appear as healthy as they've ever been., so I am sensing a soil test in my future.

And the little ones in the big room are doing very well.

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Those are some beautiful plants I'll be back when my rep resets. As for the early ambering, I had a friesland indica that 1 branch of got mold on the very tip of the branch, I cut that bud off and harvested the rest of the branch to check on trichomes and I swear they were 50% amber. I thought I had to write off the entire plant, but when I went back the next day, all the other buds on the other branches were clear and white trichomes still. All I can think is that the plant thought that branch was dead already cause of the mold, so stopped sending nutrients to it, so the trichomes started to ripen early? I honestly have no idea, but if I had based my harvest on that 1 bud I would have a bunch of unripe weed. It looks like you are popping white hairs still though, which seems way too early to have amber trichomes. The purpling implies lack of phosophorus, but I've had that happen in flower a bunch without ever having amber trichomes so quickly. I really can't think of anything that can help, but hopefully somebody smarter sees this and knows what's up.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm expecting the plants to turn a deep purple about day 45. This is not that. It's definitely a deficiency, possibly a lock out.

The only thing I can think of is I failed to give them an ACT last week because I wanted to give them a bit of extra N because they were starting to yellow a bit.

Maybe not giving them the Mammoth P microbes last week severely limited their ability to uptake the phosphorus in the soil, and it freaked the plants out enough to go into pseudo senescence. All 3 plants are heavily affected. But in looking at the other photos I took, the amber is only appearing on the small leaves. The buds still appear to be cloudy. I'll take a closer look at them tonight.

Latest posts

Latest posts