What's new

So guess what's in my bong

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
I don't have a perc and I clean my bong with rice and actually prefer it. I find that it gets the resin off better than salt does. So your friend had the right set of mind just not a good bong to use rice with. In my piece theres plenty of room for the rice to fall out of.

Last edited:

Echoes

Yeah I hear rice does work rather effectively. I think he heard about it or read it on the internet somewhere so that's why he tried it. He just failed to realize that once it got in there it would be pretty hard to get it out. No harm, no foul I guess.

If you're using Draino/bleach/whatever, just be sure to wash that thing several times with ISO, salt, hot water/soap, etc. Don't go smoking Draino.

Echoes

Problem solved

Problem solved

Finally got it cleaned out completely. Smoking out of it right now. I got some Draino gel from the store and used it. It worked well as the rice had already broken down partially due to the soaking in alcohol/water. I'd let it sit for 15 minutes, shake, let sit, repeat, etc. Next I would flush with boiling water. It eventually all dissolved and I rinsed with hot water then cool water about a million times in the bath tub. Thanks for all the help :bongsmi: I'll take a rip in honor of the celebration.

...and for futire bong cleanings for the intense smokers with rowdy resin...pick up a gallon of denatured alcohol at home depot/lowes/whatever. Its 100% alc, and when mixed with salt your bong will be clean in 2seconds. Personally 90% just doesnt cut for me...

N707

I like acids from pol shops, they work tits for glass.

Rice. Yeah. My friend thought it would be a good idea to try and use rice grains to help clean out the bong because he saw it in the internet or something. I normally just use alcohol and kosher salt but he suggested throwing some rice in there also. I told him we really didn't need to do that but he still thought it would be a good idea. So I ran to the grocery store and when I got back he had started cleaning the bong and he put a little rice in there. Bad idea. I immediately bitched him out for doing it and pointed out to him why it was a bad idea. Now there is rice stuck in my percolator chamber. I guess he didn't notice that all the cleaning mixes that involved rice were used on bongs without a percolator. Apparently he used some 10 minute insta-rice or some shit and now it won't come out - it's just bloated and soft. I'm hoping that it will eventually break down but I came here anyway since I really couldn't find another instance of this via Google. Anyone have any ideas? I could try soaking it in boiling water, alcohol or something else maybe? This could take quite some time but I'm hoping eventually it could come out.

I woulda got some spray ISO - electronic cleaning solvent ipa170 should be 99.3% iso or more.

works well cleaning tight shit out.. love it on my diffuser

ROJO145

Veteran
Mek,Naptha,Acetone.....any one these will clean your glass better than anything you can buy,they make Isopropyl look like weak water,grundge off,420 cleaner etc......all are shit compared to what I have mentioned.Its glass people.....use a real solvent!!!Rice,lol:joint: