What's new

so come on convert me to vert growing

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
hi mate - i actually see my scrogs as 3d because i like a bit of height above the screen - giving a 'box' full of colas rather than a plate of buds ;)

as for vert, never say never - but i think the reason why many people get better harvests in vertical is because they didnt use their light's footprint very efficiently in horizontal, and vertical will give them a bigger area to use inefficiently.
imo if you have a good reflector and the correct footprint for your light giving 50-60 watts/square foot, and no gaps in your canopy - then the difference between horizontal and vertical will be less pronounced.:tiphat:

cheers

VG

Hi VG,

I know what you mean about getting SCROGS 3D, I read in Ed R's book years ago about how a garden is better and more efficient when the light is spread evenly, aiming for the whole thing looking like Stadiums not Hills. I used to grow a taller variety on the outside run of a garden but now also like to run the outside with the same, but bigger.... If all your clones are equal, those under the lights often [if your lights are at optimum distance, not Dutch on-the-ceiling style] usually outgrow their neighbours.

I always look at the footprint of the lights before setting out a garden, optimise it, but despite that now believe a Vert light in a full 3D garden can outperform a 2D one, GPW. Take your nice scrogs and imagine the outsides getting fat light, for free, almost... It is harder to do and get right, but for an experienced grower I really am sure it is worth it in the long run.

Ho ho growing since the 70's so you are all grown up!

Too bad all your years of growing didn't give you the insight to see in your own head the difference between vertical and horizontal and instead of researching for yourself you rely on strangers to tell you what is better and what you should do for yourself. That sure is grown up!

Spending a few hours reading the forum for the information YOU WANT is not exactly 'trawling or spending your LIFE wasted'.

But i guess you are the kind of person that waits for hand outs. And i should have realized that grasping the obvious was outside the realm of what you are wishing to do after seeing all those damn spelling errors. There is a built in spell checker but i guess you were too lazy to use that as well.

Good luck!

exactly, u ol lazy moody snappy whinny mo fo... good luck.
ive learned alot on this thread about growing, and also just how big of dorks so many people like this clown are who grow, full of pride for growing a weed anybody can grow, basically all false pride in people is really one thing n one thing only, its a guise for an entitlement complex, is this clowns entitlment complex not dressed in pink pokadots while he holds a enama bag filled with coffee yelling ''hey look at me'' ive been doing C.e's(coffee enamas) since the 70's, or is it just me?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think you should all just stop dissing someone for asking a question - especially when you yourselves are asking questions on other parts of the board. its the best way to learn. if you dont want to help the guy out then dont bother. but making personal attacks - pushing someone into a box that is clearly based on your own prejudice just so you can dis them is not the way.
let he who is without sin cast the first stone, stoners.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts