What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snow On My Panama

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zanddar - did you ever pop the Panama x Malawi?

Not yet.Was just looking at them this week with a buddy.Have these and a few more at another location.I know there will be some wicked plants in these.
I like how the Panama produce red colored seeds,even when crossed with another strain.The seeds are large and very healthy looking.
I will be selecting males and females from these,like I do with all my seed.Could be another wicked strain for me to play with.
Want lots of room for these to do them right.Have to finish with the BH first,before I start more seed.

Take care.

Attachments

• Panama x Malawi 001.jpg
    Panama x Malawi 001.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Panama x Malawi 002.jpg
    Panama x Malawi 002.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Panama x Malawi 003.jpg
    Panama x Malawi 003.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Panama x Malawi 004.jpg
    Panama x Malawi 004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Panama x Malawi 005.jpg
    Panama x Malawi 005.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 30

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone.

Panama near 2 weeks.My most stretchy plant.Branches grow vertical like bamboo.
They bend over at the base and spring back up.Helps to support the plant in high wind and rain.
I bent a rear branch over to the front under the lamp.

Sticky Buds Stay Tuned

Attachments

• P17-005.jpg
    P17-005.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 28
  • P17-004.jpg
    P17-004.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 28
  • P17-003.jpg
    P17-003.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P17-002.jpg
    P17-002.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P17-001.jpg
    P17-001.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 26

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone.

Fast Panama near 3 weeks.Beautiful spicy oily resin smell.
Cold here near 10c and she is turning black.
My girls and I cuddle to keep warm.Resin sizzles in my pipe and warms my hands. :)

My times are always from day 1 flower.

Best to you and all that you love. :dance013:

Attachments

• P17-001.jpg
    P17-001.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P17-002.jpg
    P17-002.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 32
  • P17-003.jpg
    P17-003.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 29
  • P17-004.jpg
    P17-004.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 27
  • P17-005.jpg
    P17-005.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 28
  • P17-010.jpg
    P17-010.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 29
  • P17-009.jpg
    P17-009.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 28
  • P17-008.jpg
    P17-008.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 26
  • P17-007.jpg
    P17-007.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 25
  • P17-006.jpg
    P17-006.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bud from the Panama I took down.
Nice purple colors,super resin,strong spicy oily smell.
Dreamy smoke and very good social weed.
Loved and remembered by all.

Good Day :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 25

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
They looked great!! Did you have pink haired and green phenos so far? Been told that green ones are the strongest but I love those purple plants too! The plants look amazing. Charlie Garcia did a great job with this strain, three tropical sativas together and only 12 weeks?

My friend sprouted a few this days and I can't wait to see how they flower! Definitely a great option for those looking for sticky and stinky stimulating plants with a reasonable flowering time indoors. ;)

Peace.

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Beautiful plants as usual Zanddar.
I am smoking a tester from a 15 week Panama now, the plants are still flowering going on 17 weeks now but still throwing flowers. The trichomes are so thick and the flavor so complex in this strain. At first you think you have it figured out because the smell is so strong, it smells like Trainwreck, but as it goes on it deepens and takes on more complex and thick flavors and smells. It has roadkill skunk, woody, pinesol, cedar and sweetness, with a very nice high, very positive. Kaiki certainly did do a great job, I could go on exploring this strain for years and not be bored.
I have only one female so far to judge this strain, how are the flavors and effects you are seeing with all the pheno's you are finding Zanndar? And after a good cure, does it get better with a long cure?

hello. zanddar, is this ace's panama? the bud structure looks a lot like it has indica influence to it - there's no sandy keif on this stuff, right? only sticky crystals? i'm thinking of growing panama, but i'm strangely allergic to keif and i wouldn't want to end up with it!

upon looking at some of your previous panama photos now, it looks very sativa. gues i was just fooled by the bud density - the few pure sativas i've bought in chicago have been very airy and loose. hope you're enjoying them, i know i will come the end of oct!

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They looked great!! Did you have pink haired and green phenos so far? Been told that green ones are the strongest but I love those purple plants too! The plants look amazing. Kaiki did a great job with this strain, three tropical sativas together and only 12 weeks?

Definitely a great option for those looking for sticky and stinky stimulating plants with a reasonable flowering time indoors. ;)

Peace.

Not much pink on this plant.Give you special buds with great up high.This one is done near 10 weeks.

Very nice plants for sure and highly recommended.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful plants as usual Zanddar.
I am smoking a tester from a 15 week Panama now, the plants are still flowering going on 17 weeks now but still throwing flowers. The trichomes are so thick and the flavor so complex in this strain. At first you think you have it figured out because the smell is so strong, it smells like Trainwreck, but as it goes on it deepens and takes on more complex and thick flavors and smells. It has roadkill skunk, woody, pinesol, cedar and sweetness, with a very nice high, very positive. Kaiki certainly did do a great job, I could go on exploring this strain for years and not be bored.
I have only one female so far to judge this strain, how are the flavors and effects you are seeing with all the pheno's you are finding Zanndar? And after a good cure, does it get better with a long cure?

Thx RC. :)

Panama has beauty,power and a great mind expanding sativa high.If I could only grow one strain,Panama would be it.

You start dreaming when you first smell it.This one has a very strong spicy oily smell.Another was mostly lemon smell.

This one finished near 10 weeks.The other lemon plant was 12 weeks and good yield.

Had a longer flowering pink monster,but no monster no more.

Bud this good is smoked when first dry.A few weeks is just fine for me.

Very nice plants and have some special seeds to do. :tiphat:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
upon looking at some of your previous panama photos now, it looks very sativa. gues i was just fooled by the bud density - the few pure sativas i've bought in chicago have been very airy and loose. hope you're enjoying them, i know i will come the end of oct!

This one is a harder and tighter bud.Very sticky when dry and bud holds together well.Has nice weight,but others can be airy.

Malawi gives lots of kief for those looking for that.

Good Day. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bud from the Panama I took down.
Nice purple colors,super resin,strong spicy oily smell.
Dreamy smoke and very good social weed.
Loved and remembered by all.

Good Day :)

Thanks for sharing it Zanddar, i found awesome parental plants from the panama generation that you selected. Great purple/green phenos!

The panama 'goddess' mum (what i consider the best and more balanced in traits panama female we have found so far) comes indeed from your generation ;) Thanks for share it and congrats on the good eye in the selections!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hello. zanddar, is this ace's panama? the bud structure looks a lot like it has indica influence to it - there's no sandy keif on this stuff, right? only sticky crystals? i'm thinking of growing panama, but i'm strangely allergic to keif and i wouldn't want to end up with it!

Hi warcraft,

There's no indica genetics in Panama as far as we know. Kaiki indeed did an amazing job taming this tropical genetics. After many generations of breeding, the panama hybrid produces dense resinous flowers, has moderate flowering time (short, considering its tropical origins) and great indoor adaptability. I did the last 4 panama generations from 2008-2013, and i'm especially happy with the last standard and fem reproduction done in 2013 (current stock)

Take in mind, the original tall lanky tropical genotype, thin leaved and super long flowering, can be changed a lot after many generations of indoor selections and in non tropical climates, resulting many times in wider leaf traits and more robust structure, obviously the selections have had a big role to achieve this positive traits. The line still conserves an amazing vigour, especially considering it has always been inbred and has not been outcrossed since 2004, when the hybrid was released for the first time.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx very much dubi.Much good work has been done before me.Glad I can help and leave my mark. :tiphat:

Panama is a tropical looking strain and very different from others.
Very vigorous and can outgrow other strains.High quality smoke is the end result.

Take care. :plant grow:

Attachments

• P17-012.jpg
    P17-012.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 27
  • P17-011.jpg
    P17-011.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 27

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Male used and not many pics of him.Had a strong old rubber tire,oily smell.

Female used is the same I have been showing.

Good Day

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice big Panama just went in and should be nice.
She will put on a good stretch now.

Loved and desired by all.

Attachments

• P17-013.jpg
    P17-013.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 29
  • P17-014.jpg
    P17-014.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 32
  • P17-015.jpg
    P17-015.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 27
  • P17-016.jpg
    P17-016.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 29
  • P17-017.jpg
    P17-017.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 25

user-name

chapeau, monsieur! :tiphat:

that silver look is awesome. how long did it take you to select all those seeds?
how much watt of light are you using?