What's new

Snow Cap @ WEEK 12

gotta back up what swampthing said, lots of misinformation being spread on ic about snocaps lineage, when nobody has shown any real proof. From my experience with snocap, which im not going to repeat because it is same kind of cap swampthing talks about, i cannot see any relation to most of the strains people have stated snocap is or is made from. this stuff does look like it has some cap in it though

I know what you mean, hear-say is such an annoying thing to deal with! Especially when it comes to the genetics of something you're smoking :)

About the Snow Cap in question here, looks just like the Snow Cap that I typically see going around Southern California. Also, whenever I get "Snow Cap", it always smells SUPER lemony. Most the time, the taste isn't there. But every once and a while, I'll find some gooood Snow Cap, that tastes just like it smells, and gives me one CRAZY cerebral sativa high. VERY potent! Reminds me a lot of Trainwreck, tbh.

No matter what the genetics are in Snow Cap, it is hands down one of my favorite strains out there! Grown right of course :)

J

JeffSpicoli

Snow Cap definitely has some Haze in it. Without a doubt, and i can almost sense a undetone of Sensi Star... So a SSh x Sensi Star doesnt seem to improbable if you ask me.
I was the one who told Split Kooks the SnowCap is SSH x Sensi Star. Ill have to track down where i read that. But it seems very possible to me, at least i think i can smell/ see traits from both parents.

And the cut Split Kooks runs is for sure the real deal snow cap. Smell very similar to trainwreck kinda when it is fresh. I just smelled some of splitkooks last night, thats been curing for a month or so now. And JESUS, the smell is so DANK, cant describe it really, but like a real clean/brisk menthol snowy mountain top. LOL i dunno. But it smells way different/better than it did when fresh.

This plant he had was super hurting when he put her into flower, and im actually very impressed by the way she turned out.. His pictures dont even come close to doing it justice.

And i can see why some of you are saying "snow Crap" because snow cap is very popular commercially grown strain, But when grown with some TLC and organics, it is some very high quality smoke.

What you have is def not pure snowcap; it may be a cross, but not the original. Snowcap smells nothing like trainwreck, but instead like lemon pinesol with an odd sour undertone. It also has practically no leaves growing from budsites, which makes it a pleasure to trim. Here is a pic of original Snowcap from years ago:
picture.php

Toob

lemon pinesole/ cleaining products is what i feel describes the smell best as well, and def a breeze to trim, no leaf on top halves of buds. Sry to whoever it was that said snocap had some Hindu kush in it and i shot them down, beleive it was stasis, i talked to a few more friends and they said that they beleive snocap came from a sensei seeds mixed outdoor pack grown in mendecino and is most likely hindu kush x some skunk i cant remember

beleive snocap came from a sensei seeds mixed outdoor pack grown in mendecino

im pretty sure it was humboldt and it was from a sensi mixed pack...thats the story of the humboldt snow

Snowcap was found and named by a dude that used to work at a farm called "Mendo Healing" before they were shut down. He found it in a pack of Sensi mix, and has no idea of the real lineage. He also recently produced a cross of it called "purple snow" that is starting to float around Mendo a little.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Don;t mean to steal the show, and I will not get into a pissing match.

A question was asked, and it is being answered in the most outlandish ways by peeps who were not present at selection.

I was.... And I ain;t gonna give out any details anymore about who where and when. Let's just say Em Triangle....

It is most likely Sensi's Hindu Skunk - Could be "Four Way." No one will ever know for sure.

The Original clone came from a pack of Sensi indoor mix 4+ years ago. I was there where the pack was popped - germinated - and the "Strain" was named after the candy (non-pareils). Period. Does not matter who agrees or not.

The taste makes me gak. Garlic bud. Great yield. For peeps growing outdoor who are after the $, not quality.