What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking and camping/ Blue Ridge Mountains

Kinderfeld

Ok all you outdoor people, I never went camping with quite a bit of bud. I was thinking trying out a few state parks and was wondering what your experiences were as far as the rangers and other camping people or state parks in general. I haven't been in such a long time and I am kind of paranoid bringing 'drugs' onto a camping ground...any tips on how to find a nice scure spot or maybe state parks are not such a great idea? I am going to the blue ridge mountains, I was looking at the smokey mountains or mt. Mitchell.

Anyone else go camping in the blue ridge mountains, any suggestions?

I just don't want to show up and have a ranger up my ass the entire time, in fact I don't want to see ANYONE unless I hike at least a couple miles. I don't want to go back country because while I can follow a trail or path for a mile or three I sure as hell can't find my way back from the middle of fucking no where, especially when I'll be under the influence :).

I just bought a Kelty Yellowstone 6 (I know its kinda heavy) for only $102.00 shipped, so I am pretty psyched to fire this baby up...among other things :D Thanks

I dont know where that is but. i wouldnt worry about it at all. as long as you dont annoy other people around, if there are people around? relax and enjoy life. thats what its all about. you never know, maybe the others that are there are passing a joint around too! if you ever visit hawaii. you'll know exactly what i mean.
live life, dont be affraid of it.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I gotta go, but ill come back later.... I camped the blue ridge once when i was prob 12 or 14, i can't remember.... but it was amazing. We did a white water rafting trip on a river with class III's and IV rapids. I love that area of the country, get a little hot in the summer. But thats what the rivers are for.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok all you outdoor people, I never went camping with quite a bit of bud. I was thinking trying out a few state parks and was wondering what your experiences were as far as the rangers and other camping people or state parks in general. I haven't been in such a long time and I am kind of paranoid bringing 'drugs' onto a camping ground...any tips on how to find a nice scure spot or maybe state parks are not such a great idea? I am going to the blue ridge mountains, I was looking at the smokey mountains or mt. Mitchell.

Anyone else go camping in the blue ridge mountains, any suggestions?

I just don't want to show up and have a ranger up my ass the entire time, in fact I don't want to see ANYONE unless I hike at least a couple miles. I don't want to go back country because while I can follow a trail or path for a mile or three I sure as hell can't find my way back from the middle of fucking no where, especially when I'll be under the influence :).

I just bought a Kelty Yellowstone 6 (I know its kinda heavy) for only $102.00 shipped, so I am pretty psyched to fire this baby up...among other things :D Thanks

Park Rangers are no trouble - they kick it in the woods all day, and usually have a sense of mutual respect based on the fact that you both like the woods/camping/nature/whatever. I've never met one who struck me as being on a power trip. I'd say 99.9% of them are much more concerned about you putting out your fire properly than cannabis.

As for other camping people, you should really have no problems. Boaters, campers, etc. are usually pretty respectful of each other. Something about enjoying nature seems to turn off the "asshole switch" for most folks.

Check out the Crabtree Falls area, very nice.

Kinderfeld

Sweet looking up Crabtree Falls right now it does look nice. I just don't want to end up somewhere with another site within view of my own. haha on the whole turning off the asshole switch...lol...just what I am looking for. But I do know when someone has authority and DO have a 'power trip' or bad day it can be very bad so I was just making sure before I went. Thanks for all your responses guys...I can't wait to get out there and relax and do a little high I mean fly fishing...:smoke:

Hovz

wad up Kinderfield, i love going camping and smoking weed. Looks like you got a nice new tent, i would be stoked. Once it gets a little warmer where i'm at, i wanna go camping at a lake or something for sure. I wouldnt worry much about park rangers, just hide your stash and if ur going somewhere roll some joints so you dont have to pack a pipe.