What's new

Smoked MEATS & BBQ, best EATS you ever had

P

Puddin'tane

then here you go..

picture.php

btw, click the pic, it's lifesize! ;)

ogatec2

i vote texas 1st.. tx has many diff. types of bbq that are very diff from one another regionally.. east tx bbq(mostly brisket) is diff than central tx(mostly spare ribs w/ mesquite smoke) & so-forth.. so you cant really say "tx bbq"..it would mean many different things.

my 2nd fav would be carolina bbq pork..somthing about pigs and bbq just go together!

freeganja

Bush Doctor
Veteran
One of the best bbq places Ive been to was the Rendezvous in Memphis. Dry rub ribs that were awesome. I could smell it on my fingers 3 hours after I went there.

The ribs we make are great as well. Marinated in soy sauce, garlic , mustard powder,paprika, cayenne pepper and onion. mmmm

D

danimarie193

One of the best bbq places Ive been to was the Rendezvous in Memphis. Dry rub ribs that were awesome. I could smell it on my fingers 3 hours after I went there.

The ribs we make are great as well. Marinated in soy sauce, garlic , mustard powder,paprika, cayenne pepper and onion. mmmm

I have to second this and its hard for me being from North Carolina. I tryed this place like five years ago on Widespread tour before you saw it on every show about BBQ. Memphis for ribs and Eastern North Carolina for BBQ

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

do ya really wanna know where to find this joint?

fritters.jpg
5361436143_ba515aa67c.jpg

we don't have any good bbq joints in minnesota that I can swear by.

forty

cali's got some q too!

when i eat out i like gorilla bbq in pacifica and sam's on bascom in san jose.

at home, i like to smoke turkey.. start with a fresh bird bet. 10-12lbs.
brine for 12 hrs in: brown sugar, kosher salt, chopped garlic, Worcestershire sauce. take out of brine, rinse, let sit for 12 hours uncovered in fridge.

rub down with garlic olive oil, tie up the wings and legs with butcher's twine. set on big green egg over mesquite fire set at 225F with dry (not soaked) apple wood chunks for approx 20 min per pound of bird. comes out juicy and full of flave..

5121303652_b89a8c5078_z.jpg

W

wiseone

For the pork lovers.
pulled? shredded? or the whole pig?
Also in North Carolina you have a different style of sauces used.....west side is tomato based usually. Where has the east side are usually vinegar sauces. Favorite?

thighrod

This is my favorite thing to do when the sun starts shining - fire up the BBQ round noon, slow-smoke those ribs until 10PM or so when you are dying from hunger - then MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
http://www.smoking-meat.com/
they have a FREE 4 chapter guide on smoking meats, choosing, types...
Plus the website has a smoker with 5 racks for $199... good price compared to what I have seen around.

the website is a whole BBQ Smoking Forum... really good info...

Puff and Smoke on

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
anybody know about hanging meat?

I know this used to be a way of preserving. You'd let it dry out, mould over and what's underneath is preserved.

My grandmother used to tell stories of hanging Goose and she said it was so amazing... her eyes would light up when she talked about it. I think they'd smoke it some times also.

W

wiseone

anybody know about hanging meat?

I know this used to be a way of preserving. You'd let it dry out, mould over and what's underneath is preserved.

My grandmother used to tell stories of hanging Goose and she said it was so amazing... her eyes would light up when she talked about it. I think they'd smoke it some times also.

Not sure on this so don't hold me to it, but I think hanging is the cold smoking that's done to preserve meat. Depending on the cut used it could take days, but is supposed to be the melt in your mouth taste that your grandmother remembered.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
im having some venison stew with home grown potatoes ,carrots ,spinach ,my cuz shot the deer with a bow ,8 pointer .the stew is awesome he did a good job with it

Latest posts

Latest posts