What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoke Screens... Tobacco not the devil as promoted?

Digit

I've just seen Richard Vobes highlight a book he's been reading, called Smoke Screens, by Richard White.

The video highlights the oncoming age restriction prohibition of smoking tobacco products in the UK, historical use to alleviate asthma (and contemporary testimonies thereof), and effects interrupting various spike protein based health harms, and more.

Could be tobacco industry bunk... but does intrigue.

I also heard recently how nicotine can prevent(? ~reduce chances? reduce severity? I forget specifics) Parkinson's Disease.

As an asthmatic, I've long known paper smoke alone a trigger for attacks, and tobacco (even with paper, not. And of course cannabis smoke supremely more beneficial, with its various broncho-dilatory effects and regulatory effects, far ahead of whatever broncho-constrictives in tobacco smoke.

After recently hearing how nicotine can prevent parkinsons, and disrupt spike proteins activity to reduce their damage, this does intrigue.

... Still, I've no interest in becoming nicotine's bitch again.

Already had a relapse this year, and managed to get off it again (thanks Allen Carr (& Caryophyllene and CBD and psilocybes and iboga)).

But still... intriguing idea to explore.

And if they do make Tobacco illegal, perhaps this would be the first time prohibition made a substance safer! Natural Tobacco, none of the 70+ known carcinogens added.

Would make a nice addition to a grow room.

[Edit: PS... I was considering tobacco an accessory to cannabis. So this seemed the correct forum section. Please, mods/admin, do move this thread if there's somewhere more suitable I missed.]

Dime

I've heard of rustic tobacco like some natives used smoking the peace pipe and the Aztecs in ceremonies and it is not used for cig tobacco.it was used in many places for different reasons,some for health. It has a very high noctotine content and they would give it to tourists and watch them pass out for a laugh.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Nicotine is one of the most potent poisons known to man, and tobacco is loaded with nicotine. In my Third World country, as an example, a particularly vicious way of poisoning harmless vultures has been to soak a cigarette in a glass of water for a day, then pour that nicotine-infused water on carrion that is left out for the vultures to feast on. The birds die in short order after ingesting trace amounts of nicotine tincture.

The concentration of pure unadulterated nicotine that is required to kill a human being is measured in milligrams, so it is safe to conclude that any tobacco product at all is BOUND to contain that insidious poison in varying concentrations. No sir, the reputation that tobacco has rightly earned is based on scientific fact and not on speculation.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
I grow tobacco side by side my plants as a bio pest control. it takes care of fungus gnat and thrips and probably other pests as well, but as an indoor grower those are my two top enemies, which Ole Toby takes care of effortlessly. I also juice it to make a nicotine spray if i need to keep the numbers down when pests show up in numbers (usually when I get a new plant or compost from outside).

IMG_20231014_090519.jpg

Ca++

I think banning it for kids, that are still years off buying it legally, is reasonable. Those of us that can buy it now, will always be able to. However, it does present an inequality issue, and create a very easy black market trade. Where the elderly can provide the young with addictive substances, they don't even need a prescription for.

It's not a UK idea. We are following other countries. New Zealand perhaps? and some smaller nations.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I grow tobacco side by side my plants as a bio pest control. it takes care of fungus gnat and thrips and probably other pests as well, but as an indoor grower those are my two top enemies, which Ole Toby takes care of effortlessly. I also juice it to make a nicotine spray if i need to keep the numbers down when pests show up in numbers (usually when I get a new plant or compost from outside).

View attachment 18925587
Tobacco plants are also reputed to be a powerful snake repellent as well. I planted a lot of it around my house a while back but I can't say for sure how effective it was at keeping snakes at bay. All the same, I might try this idea soon because lately there have been a few vipers brought to justice while sunning themselves along footpaths not far from my house.

exoticrobotic

It's not a UK idea. We are following other countries. New Zealand perhaps? and some smaller nations.

With New Zealand scrapping these laws i wonder whether good ol' honest/want to do good UK will follow suit...

Tobacco is not good. If it was discovered today it would be banned by all countries...

I smoke tobacco with my weed/hash/oil, i'm asthmatic too.

I'm not condoning or suggesting anyone smokes tobacco but if you do maybe its time to get off the Maccy D baccy and get something a bit better and likely less harmful like Pueblo.

Pueblo blurb...

Pueblo Classic additive-free hand-rolling tobacco is a traditional blend of American Virginia tobaccos, grown under natural conditions by American Indians. The use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides is not permitted during the growing or harvesting of the tobacco leaf nor do they add moisture retainers or preservatives.

exoticrobotic

As an asthmatic, I've long known paper smoke alone a trigger for attacks, and tobacco (even with paper, not. And of course cannabis smoke supremely more beneficial, with its various broncho-dilatory effects and regulatory effects, far ahead of whatever broncho-constrictives in tobacco smoke.

I find these broncho-constrictives in tobacco smoke are mostly from the shit they add to it like moisture preservatives etc.

Already had a relapse this year, and managed to get off it again (thanks Allen Carr (& Caryophyllene and CBD and psilocybes and iboga)).

Impressive...that you are actively trying. Keep it up :tiphat:

The mrs gives up every few days with a stop smoking meditation involving red doors and doormats :biggrin:

Me on the other hand...

Last edited:

sajesak

I've just seen Richard Vobes highlight a book he's been reading, called Smoke Screens, by Richard White.

The video highlights the oncoming age restriction prohibition of smoking tobacco products in the UK, historical use to alleviate asthma (and contemporary testimonies thereof), and effects interrupting various spike protein based health harms, and more.

Could be tobacco industry bunk... but does intrigue.

I also heard recently how nicotine can prevent(? ~reduce chances? reduce severity? I forget specifics) Parkinson's Disease.

After recently hearing how nicotine can prevent parkinsons, and disrupt spike proteins activity to reduce their damage, this does intrigue.

But still... intriguing idea to explore.

And if they do make Tobacco illegal, perhaps this would be the first time prohibition made a substance safer! Natural Tobacco, none of the 70+ known carcinogens added. For more insights on health and wellness, visit Cardailytips.com.

Would make a nice addition to a grow room.

[Edit: PS... I was considering tobacco an accessory to cannabis. So this seemed the correct forum section. Please, mods/admin, do move this thread if there's somewhere more suitable I missed.]
I do not. I very rarely get stuff coming through my pipe so I don't find it necessary for the pipes I have. Do you use one?

kordo

Since I heard about cardiovascular risks inducted by tobacco, I could not find anything explaining if combustion of it is involved or if it is the plant by herself.

Recently, I asked this question to 2 pharmacists at the hospital.
They immediatly replied that it was due to nicotine. Combustion or vape would not change its dangerosity.

At least, there is no nicotine in cannabis
:greenstars: