What's new

Smiley Box - First PC Grow (38x36x18 cm)

johnnybsmokin

Hey zest, they are coming along nicely. You start to see growth on a daily basis now hey.
Ive finally got a second seed sprout my self and the first plant is chugging along too, have a look

My plan is too take a couple of cuttings soon and then put this into flower. Am thinking of seeting my grow up as a perpetual grow and try and aim for a harvest every 4 weeks or so, depends on strain growth.

Looking forward to compare the grows as we are both on a similar time table to one another, good luck nd keep em happy.

Cheers:gday:

Zest

Johnny: Yeah, it's real nice to see them getting fatter and fatter. I wonder when they stretch out vertically. I'll install the SCROG tomorrow. Yours looking good too, def keep me updated.

Fuzz: Thanks man.

Zest

Thanks intel!

I finally removed Plant #2. It was way behind, strange formed leafs and roots coming out of the visible part of the stem.

I also removed the SCROG for good. I'm building a bigger box from scratch right now (more on that later) and the plant will be moved there as soon as it's finished.

I think it was the right decision, Plant #1 getting fat! :dance013:

Flowering Day 15.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
nice stuff mate, thinking about topping/pruning them at all to get more tops? or focusing more on a straight up vertical grow?

Zest

Thanks man. I get the plant under a scrog in the new box. It's too late for any HST I think, but I'll top my plants definitely the next grow. (I was too curious to start growing haha, but now I did my reading).

L

lowrydergrower

looking very nice I am curious to see how much you will get out of her.

Zest

Flowering Day 22. (Hairs begin to show up)

A preview of my next box - frame (50cm x 100cm x 50cm) - lights (hold 6 23W CFL's, adjustable).

johnnybsmokin

Hey Zest, comming along nicely I see. Dont think you can container her in the PC? is that why the new grow box?? I am sticking with the Pc my self and just find the right strain and conditions to suit.
Keep it up m8, cheers

Zest

Thanks johnny. Yeah that's one reason. I figured you have to do some kind of HST and/or LST in a PC. I just started growing to learn and see, and the result is a plant almost touching the light :D The other reason: I want to go a lil bigger and hydro. Heck, I may transplant the plant tomorrow to a DWC system.

Zest

Yep, she is compact. Always had a eye on the space between the plant and lights. Still it filled up the full PC. But that's over :dance013:

Presenting the DIYeah Box:
- DIY frame 50cm x 100cm x 50cm, wrapped in black/white foil
- 2 exhaust fans, adjustable speed
- DIY activated carbon scrubber
- DIY passive intake light trap
- DIY chandelier, adjustable height
- 6 x 23W CFL, 3 x 2500K, 3 x 6500K
- Temps are around 27°C
- Humidity around 50%

Flowering Day 24.

I'll just continue that thread. I'll keep her in soil, got now Advanced Hydroponics Nutrients, which can be used for soil too. Next grow (next thread) I'll try Hydro DWC.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts