What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smell breach, someone knows

Cork144

Got to work, someone informed me that an adjacent building is stinking, my fault for having the door open too long but someone has informed me they have definitely smelt it, and there is possibility that 2-3 others could have smelt it too.

I am planning to cut tonight now, a week and a half early, just wondering if I am skitting out too much or making the right move.

Managed to find a place for it to be dried offsite.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Your making the right move, better to have a early harvest than a prison sentence. Cut em now!!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Cut them and dry off site. Then set about setting up shop elsewhere.

Its a bummer but you were given a heads up, which is rare. Take that info and insulate yourself.

Best of luck!!

amanda88

Midwest is correct

just don't forget to 'blame' in the other direction

after all why should someone be talking to you about 'drug growing?'

LostTribe

Premium user
definately cut and get them out of there immediately. Dry elsewhere and make sure you are not followed when you leave with the goods.

And its gonna reak like all hell so make sure your cars lights are all working and go the speed limit. Also no eye contact with any john q laws that may happen to be out and around.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Chop and go. Bummer, but as LesterBeans said, at least you got a heads up!

Cork144

week and a half early but they all got hung up last night, cheers for the advise guys but by the time I had gone over to snip, no one had replied!

Better now than a month ago, thats for sure, all my fault, lesson learnt; grow in tents within rooms, smell leaks can be prevented!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
word travels fast ..I bet 20 people know by now....yeehaw,,be carefull in the future as you might get a visit ...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just like everyone else said, you are making the right mvoe by cutting and running, good news is you were pretty close to harvest AND have a place to take it....
best of luck moving forward
:tiphat:
:joint:

Mednugs

The sad thing is this will never get right because we are forced to run and hide over a plant and our personal rights.

St. Phatty

I always wondered if a dead skunk would come in handy in a situation like this.

If there's a dead skunk on the road in front of the apartment building with the Skunk-smelling grow- doesn't that buy you some time ?

OK, I admit this may possibly be an example of stoned thinking, and I am NOT advocating cruelty to animals. :tiphat:

Would it be useful to cover a Cannabis skunk smell with a Yeast spill ? Obviously that wouldn't cover it day after day. But it creates a pretty overwhelming smell. Just may not last long enough.

I guess the trick is to make a smell, without looking like a security threat, that helps buy some time.

How about Pesto ? LOTS of Pesto !! Garlic, basil :woohoo:

sdd420

Veteran
I always wondered if a dead skunk would come in handy in a situation like this.

If there's a dead skunk on the road in front of the apartment building with the Skunk-smelling grow- doesn't that buy you some time ?

OK, I admit this may possibly be an example of stoned thinking, and I am NOT advocating cruelty to animals. :tiphat:

Would it be useful to cover a Cannabis skunk smell with a Yeast spill ? Obviously that wouldn't cover it day after day. But it creates a pretty overwhelming smell. Just may not last long enough.

I guess the trick is to make a smell, without looking like a security threat, that helps buy some time.

How about Pesto ? LOTS of Pesto !! Garlic, basil :woohoo:
Dude you're making me hungry how about scampi, linguini, and garlic bread with a nice Chardonnay mmmm

armedoldhippy

Veteran
it's not cruelty to animals if you find a dead skunk & relocate it, is it? one visible in the road by your house & most cops would say "well, fuck me! no wonder he smells something...":biggrin:

sdd420

Veteran
Yeah relocate dead skunk to inside cop car engine they go crazy trying to find the weed haha

St. Phatty

Dude you're making me hungry how about scampi, linguini, and garlic bread with a nice Chardonnay mmmm

When people come to my house for work-related business (engineering stuff), I don't want them smelling the plant part of the household !

The kitchen exhausts right out into the "visitor's area". Got a table set up, as if to say, "Visitor's, please stand here and let's look at drawings and stuff."

(Oh, and smell the pesto ... or onions ... or bacon ... or bacon, onions, and pesto ...)

Plus there's distractions ... broken rusted tools that are queued up in a 'metals pile' ... "how much for a whatever that is completely stuck" ... 'oh, just $1'.

"Yes, you are welcome to stand there and look at my broken rusted tools (and smell the kitchen smells.)

I'm not saying any of this is genius.

But there's definitely an element of social engineering in Smell Management.

Most manufacturing enterprises have to deal with "manufacturing effluents". Hey, it's better than AMD leaking semicon. chemicals into the Sunnyvale drinking water ($20K for each affected homeowner, about 30 years ago.)

And the fringe benefits ! No AMD process engineer ever got to take home some scissor hash ... unless they were growing.

Much harder to do in an apartment building. You need an apartment that's not on the first floor. It also helps to JET the exhaust so it's away from the building, out 10 feet and up 10 feet ... up up and away.

Latest posts

Latest posts