What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smartphones can get f***ed

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I use 2, 1 has sim cards the other doesn't. I create a hotspot from 1 and connect with the other. The second runs a VPN so the first has no idea what the second is connected to. I surf here with the 2nd and only take the first out of the house. That way the phone I walk around with stays clean.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I use 2, 1 has sim cards the other doesn't. I create a hotspot from 1 and connect with the other. The second runs a VPN so the first has no idea what the second is connected to. I surf here with the 2nd and only take the first out of the house. That way the phone I walk around with stays clean.
They can still track your MAC (Machine Address Code).

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
My VPN gives me a choice of locations, that's the same thing isn't it, or is it?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
An IP proxy allows you to go untraced - first you go to an online ip proxy then surf the web
It traces back to the ip proxy. Could be in any country.
Worth looking into if you really need it

St. Phatty

Is there a cover that duplicates the Android screen, so you can push buttons when your fingers are wet ?

I miss a lot of good pics when I'm outdoors and my hands are wet. Doesn't matter how much I try to dry my hands, can't convince the computer that I pushed one of the camera buttons.