What's new

"Smart Pot" and "No Name" - which one would YOU buy?

"Smart Pot" and "No Name" - which one would YOU buy?

• Smart Pot (wider than tall, no handles)

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • "No Name" (taller than wide + handles)

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

Laughing Jim

I like my Smartpots.
I like 'em better then plastic pots.
Something no-one has mentioned is that water doesn't flow out as soon as you put it in.

Smart Pots give your plants much better root growth,
and i have always heard that the better your roots, the better your plants end up.

Now about the Smart Pots being shorter. Does anybody realize that by being in shorter pots,
your plants can grow taller? That could be very advantageous for growers wanting to grow big plants.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Now about the Smart Pots being shorter. Does anybody realize that by being in shorter pots,
your plants can grow taller? That could be very advantageous for growers wanting to grow big plants.

Not exactly sure how you mean that?

Are you saying because the Smart Pots are 2.5" shorter one could grow his plants 2.5" taller than with the not-so-short pots?

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I like a wide pot, so I voted for the smartpots. Oh, and I've used them before with soil and with coco, indoors and out, fwiw.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i cant say either way since i think a compromise more like square sized to not quite so tall (stability)

so 9x9 or even 9.5 x 8.5 around

the 10.5 depth would be excellent for single cola sea of green though hmmm, 3 plants/3 weeks on a 9 wk cycle?

*edit, the handles are a big draw

Square sized yes BUT they are a tad too expensive to make compared to how many would actually buy them.

i have found, the more i consider that, the original size you suggestd does seem to have it's definite advantages for the SOG grower

stability concerns would be the province of the newb or someone who had to do a lot of pot-moving

so, the original material dimensions really are a dominating factor?

I have had good results with both the Smart pot brand as well as the Roots brand. The Roots brand being nearly half the price at horticultresource.com...

later
H