What's new

smallest ebb n flow?

HiKing808

so i am planning to try a small ebb n flow and was wondering how small can i make it?

i know the smaller the res the more fluctuation in ph and stuff, so i was kinda wondering how small can i go? i found a small rubbermaid thats 3 gals for the table, and another that is 5 gal for the res, would these work with say 3 in net pots flower clones as soon as roots pop.

if anyone has any links to small ebb n flow grows would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

G

i was going touse those same tubs. It should work, but youll have to top off more frequently if you use RW in your cups.

HarryNugz

Here's a small closet system using Sterilite containers. Is this what you had in mind? Check my galleria for a couple more of the same system.

Last edited:

HarryNugz

I top off with this set up maybe every 3-4 days when roots are this big. I chose these because sterilite also makes the same container that is the size of these two in height giving you an aprox 14gal resivour. They all stack the same and lids are interchangeable. Good luck using smaller containers. Seems like alot of topping up when your plants are in flower cycle and use lots of water.

G

GH has a good2grow e&f with 5gallons and 12" square tray. 4-5plants max

G

HarryNugz said:
Here's a small closet system using Sterilite containers. Is this what you had in mind? Check my galleria for a couple more of the same system.

LOLOL, That is so crazy, because i built the same unit as yours. It was my first Ebb&Flo DIY unit. Loved that little unit and was super cheap. Good old Wal-mart for the container. I think these little units are perfect for first time hydro or Ebb&Flo growers.
Very nice,
BG

J

JackKerouac

HiKing808 said:
anyone ever use a megagarden? i read it has a 7gal res

They do indeed have a 7.5 gallon res and work great! If you want one, you had better snatch it up quick, because they were talking about how they are being discontinued.

Hey Harry, can you or someone who has used that Sterilite system tell me the basic mechanics of it's setup? Placement of valves and layout and all that? I'd love to use a pair of these for my new grow project and this seems both reliable, doable and easily replicatable.

Thanks all!

HarryNugz said:

Could you explain a little more about how everything is hooked up?

You got a waterpump in the bottom, pushin water up top with a drain about 2-3

inches from the Top rez's bottom?

do you not get algae??

HarryNugz

Let me get a couple more pics together and can describe the system a little better. It will be a couple days maybe so hang tight and post any additional q's you may have and i'll answer them in one post when all is ready.

I'll try and get some more q's up tomorrow.......I'm definately gonna build this

though, it's perfect for transplanting straight into a pre-built DWC rez from veg

I'm also wondering about the scalability of this as I'd like to do two of these so I can stagger my harvests somewhat once I start growing. Can you train the plants in this system and if so, how? Could small SCROG screens be used?

I'm also eagerly awaiting some details on your small e&f system. I just built myself Krypto's Multi-flow e&f bucket system and i am thinking i could use something like this for my babes before they go into the buckets to be flowered.

G

Hey guys, give me a few minutes and I'll dig in my cd collection and find my pictures of my old unit. I'll write up some info on it and give you some idea's on it. Check back in a few and I should have a reply for you. Not my thread, but I'll help out if you don't mind.
Later,
BG

G

Ok, here is two cheap and simple Ebb&Flo systems I build along time ago. These are my very first attempt at hydro and I did pretty well.

First is the small system just like Harry's. Pretty sure they are the same containers. I purchased them at a local wally-world. I don't know the size off hand but you can get a idea.

Here you will see me growing some Nirvana BigBud. In the end, I was not happy with the smoke. In the picture you will see a fill and drain fitting. You can order these online or get them at your local hydro store. Think a set will run you about 10 bucks. You will see I use two tubes. One for the grow tray and one for the rez tank.

Sorry, you can only see one fitting. The other one is in there covered up. One of these two pictures is also Blue Mystic. This strain was some nice berry smoke. Would grow again.

Here is the Rio pump I used for my unit. Nice little pump and didn't cost much. Local hydro store had it or you can get online. You can also replace this pump with a pond pump from local building supply store and they aren't much.

I'll post more late on a large unit i built. Couple of pictures are already update in gallary. Will post about that unit tomorrow. I hope no one minds me posting these old units here. Any question about them. Please ask and I'll answer any of them.
Take care,
BG

Well if you have a cat you can always get free DWC buckets. Sort of free anyway, you get $10 worth of cat litter out of it.

The scrog is actually one string, meticulously woven through the holes basket-weave style. Designed it so I could get 2 of them in my cab which is 18" deep and 22.5" wide. Good luck whatever you decide.

Kind of thinking I'm in over my head with DWC, tho. A small e&f like the ones pictured are definitely something I'm considering switching to if it gets too hairy for me.

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
jesus, i love this thread, alotta systems i can use to veg oncei get my E&G controller finaly setup!!!

thanks thanks, keep 'em comin' !!!

chosen

Veteran
My kitty gets pissed. He wants his litter containers back. I like litter boxes for flood and drain as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts