What's new

SMALLEST CHEAPEST DIY Ez-Cloner - Areoponics Cloning

KosmoKramer

Very nice!

I've never gotten roots faster than 2 1/2- 3 weeks with a BC, and I've grown just abouot everyone's gear there is.

To get a nice clump of roots, that thick, in about 10 days or so just makes me want to build on sooner.

I'm all over this one :blowbubbles:

gardenbug

Been using a small bubble cloner but this seems quite easy to make. Any updates from anyone that switched from bubble to aero?

C

Casual

Bean, I'm blown away by those roots!! Absolutely incredible growth.
I built a DIY Aerocloner from the thread here on ICM. Had LOUSY results, but I believe
I worked out the issues... by that point though, the clones had given up the ghost! :(
I was able to get a couple of them to show roots, but they were very stringy, and only a couple. How are you taking your clones and prepping them? If you could demonstrate your technique, I'd be MOST appreciative! I'm running a Bio-Bucket setup and having roots like that when transplanting them would be just awesome!
I have the Olivia's Cloning gel, but that seems to pretty much wash off within minutes of the clones going into the system. Are you using Clonex on the clone, or in the water?

If anyone is interested, I believe my issues were with not realizing just how important pH is. My pH in my setup was a bit over 7, and temps were over 80 until I figured out a cooling setup... then the cooling setup worked WAY too well and I wound up with water at 57f. Once I got everything cruising where it was supposed to be, it was too late. Pay attention to all that stuff... NOTHING is not important! :) Learn from my screw ups!

Caz

MeanBean

Hey thanks man, I built a bit more commercial grade version just the other day I will have to post it up!!

If you ask me it's not really the ph or Temp or nutrients. I think it is just tough to get the moister just right in any growing medium for that raw stem..

With the areoponics system, I never saw a failed clone. I do use clonex gel but I have used nothing on a test grow and it worked about the same, maybe a bit slower.

I doubt it's the cutting technique. just do they old 45 degree at the bottom, try and make sure there is a node under there and scrape the side away just a bit on the bottom 1 inch of the stem..

I bet you could just rip something off the plant and shove it in that areo cloner and it would still make nice roots!!

I think if you just buy this cheap pump and nozzle your clone worries will be gone, along with the wondering of which cloning products to use.

C

Casual

Thanks Bean. I'm going to give my cloner another shot once I need to prune the moms again. I'll be needing to do at least 15-18 clones at a time though, so the larger setup is a must. I live the simplicity of yours, it's just a bit too small.
Since I'm a new grower, I'm still not quite clear on 'where' to cut clones, and how deep to scrape off the skin at the bottom. My understanding at his point is to cut the clone at a 45 degree angle about 1/2" BELOW a node, then strip the skin back a bit from just above the node down to the bottom. I'm just trying to figure out the fine details! ;)
I appreciate the response Bean, thanks!!

Caz

MeanBean

Thanks, Here's some shots of my 3Gal bucket version. Same guts just looks a lil nicer/Commercial. Wow, 150.00 bucks?!! I can cut ya a deal I'll ship one out to ya for $99 lol!!

picture.php

picture.php

Experiment with rose clipping:

picture.php

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Those roots look great... I think I'll give this a try. In that last picture of yours MeanBean, the water looks a bit colored. Do you have something in it?

Latest posts

Latest posts