What's new

small buds and drying/curing ?

Potologist

Hi everyone.. Im writing looking for guidance.. Im a first time grower and i just harvested my one lady that I had. It is needless to say a very joyous and wonderous time for me. Now, I sure dont want to F' up at this late stage of the game so.. what i did right upon harvest was to cut all my buds off the main stems .. hung the larger ones and layed the smaller popcorn stuff on a piece of flat carboard. There was a fan involved but very indirectly.

4 days later.. my nugs are much lighter and rather crispy on the ourside but the stems are not snapping yet. ..they seem very airy... so .. i placed the larger ones in paper bags laid on their side with the tops lossely wrinkled shut. I had no large paper bags so i am using multiple smaller ones. in any case... some of the stuff is small popcornd stuff... it seemed dryer than the larger buds ... so i placed all that in one of the glass jars and instead of putting the lid all the way on tight with the rubber seal and all.. i dont. i just leave it open just a hair... so a little air gets in there... but the buds are all up in each other in there... so .. my plan is to keep moving those bugs around daily.. .. the smaller ones get moved around more than once a day.. 2 or 3 times.. (me fishing for a little something)P So.. once they seem dryer and the stems snap, the ones in bags go into the remaining jars and all the jars get shut and burped once a day or more as needed untill well cured. ..

I am a rookie that got really lucky and harvested nice nugs. I'm going for the best taste and potency without screwing up. Any help in that direction as well as critique on the above plan is welcomed, encouraged and appreciated.

G

Sounds like you have things under control. I would suggest keeping them in the dark and keep all light sources away from the drying process. 4 days for the popcorn sized buds may be enough to begin curing in the jars. What temps and RH are you dealing with?