What's new

Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jidoka

M3 for ballpark, Morgan and/or tissue or sap for fine tuning. Too much guessing at how oxidizing or reducing a soil is for M3

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't understand this part. if you could please explain it would be helpful.

Hey slow and thx the clarification on your posts, it helps a lot of people.

Cu and Mn are less available at high pH's and are negatively influenced by OM.

I appreciate the appreciation.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
M3 for ballpark, Morgan and/or tissue or sap for fine tuning. Too much guessing at how oxidizing or reducing a soil is for M3

Ya think? I disagree completely.

You won't get there with either straight M3 nor Morgan. Sorry. Been there, done that.

How many sap meters you got now?

plantingplants

HTF, to add to that, spectrum gives you an indexed # for cu and mn that takes into account OM and pH like slow is saying. You may or may not get those #s, depending on the format they send your results. You can ask for them, though. [COLOR=""][/COLOR]

jidoka

I will gladly go with two last questions:

Anybody actually try Slow's magical methods for getting even distributions of metals in their soil? Take samples at 3 inches, 9 inches and 15 inches. How even is the distribution...data I hear is not even close.

Or, if you have the means, test K3 v tissue analysis, particularly if you are in high organic, proper pH, lightweight soil and tell me what you think.

Don't ride nuts...test for yourownself.

G

I will gladly go
Im just a bystander trying to learn more and this thread has been one of the best sources ever for me. Having said that even with putting you on ignore you still plug up this thread like a fat sister in law after thanksgiving taking a shit in a toilet and using a whole roll of TP. I am amazed by the amount of abuse that the OP has dished on you and yet you come back for more every time. Maybe you guys are buddies and he is playing with you. Its just sad that in this thread that you have more than twice the posts of anyone combined including the OP. Get a clue.

Why cant you start your own thread if you know it all? See how many subscribers you have.

plantingplants

Whoa I don't think doka is a know it all. Any more so than everyone else here lol. He's just sharin his own conclusions. The problem I guess is that this is slow's thread but it's also the local hangout. We need a neutral space to talk too but everyone is here for now.

On another note, can anyone recommend any beginner books?

reppin2c

Veteran
Posts like the above have historically ran folks off. I've learned alot from alot of people in this thread and I don't care what they're username is. Some more then others. I may have been the biggest dick about gypsum but I don't regret a post. I don't get the people arent finding my posts helpful and I really don't give a fuck. What I can say is why are the guys putting knowledge down getting hated on? I know a handful of people doing tests and trials but yet random ass dude walks in and starts talking shit. Where the fuck is the knowledge? Bring something to the table before you reach in to eat. Pay your dues.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Posts like the above have historically ran folks off. I've learned alot from alot of people in this thread and I don't care what they're username is. Some more then others. I may have been the biggest dick about gypsum but I don't regret a post. I don't get the people arent finding my posts helpful and I really don't give a fuck. What I can say is why are the guys putting knowledge down getting hated on? I know a handful of people doing tests and trials but yet random ass dude walks in and starts talking shit. Where the fuck is the knowledge? Bring something to the table before you reach in to eat. Pay your dues.

Reppin,

Putting down folks knowledge by throwing garbage on to the thread constantly is extremely problematic for anyone wanting to read this thread. If you guys want a hangout to bash folks, go make another thread.

The comments made by others supporting my requesting Doka to take his confusion else where have my support. Whether they have paid their dues or not.

FYI this same person has run samples and actively trying to learn. Sorry your feathers got ruffled, but the thread is already too long due to many silly comments that in reality have no place on this thread.

This thread is about learning and going forward. All this extra weighted comments due to bullshit ideas of ratios coming out of thin air is worthless. Stupid trials of holding everything constant and raising Ca and then shitting on Ca cause stuff got weird, is more than worthless, it is stupid. And how many folks get turned off due to the constant silly comments?

I have thought about abandoning this thread, but too much good has come out of it. Those that really cared to learn, did their analysis and in-house experiments are tearing it up.

Most know this is all about several on this page who are "consultants" who feel threatened by folks learning on this page so they just come in to make silly comments in an effort to step on the progress being made.

I don't claim to be the owner of truth. No one is. What I do know is that I know science, better than most and I have been sharing it and asking nothing in return.

And yes, you are a bit abusive too.

led05

Chasing The Present
Reppin,

Putting down folks knowledge by throwing garbage on to the thread constantly is extremely problematic for anyone wanting to read this thread. If you guys want a hangout to bash folks, go make another thread.

The comments made by others supporting my requesting Doka to take his confusion else where have my support. Whether they have paid their dues or not.

FYI this same person has run samples and actively trying to learn. Sorry your feathers got ruffled, but the thread is already too long due to many silly comments that in reality have no place on this thread.

This thread is about learning and going forward. All this extra weighted comments due to bullshit ideas of ratios coming out of thin air is worthless. Stupid trials of holding everything constant and raising Ca and then shitting on Ca cause stuff got weird, is more than worthless, it is stupid. And how many folks get turned off due to the constant silly comments?

I have thought about abandoning this thread, but too much good has come out of it. Those that really cared to learn, did their analysis and in-house experiments are tearing it up.

Most know this is all about several on this page who are "consultants" who feel threatened by folks learning on this page so they just come in to make silly comments in an effort to step on the progress being made.

I don't claim to be the owner of truth. No one is. What I do know is that I know science, better than most and I have been sharing it and asking nothing in return.

And yes, you are a bit abusive too.

Being that farm season is nearing an end here in the Northeast I have a little more time to pop in here, glad to see its' the same Marry Go Round that I left back in Spring.....

Slo, still one of the best threads on the web for soil science, especially based around this plant!! The little something you're getting in return is shared knowledge (and others regional soil tests) but regardless, as I've said before, you're putting out at least as much as you're taking in, the way Farming should be, KUDOS....

Thanks again buddy !

EasyGoing

I pray daily that I can be the person that starts to give back Slow. Working hard over here, if I succeed, you succeed. I can say slowN tells the truth. As far as I know, nobody has paid him even close to what he is worth........yet.

growingcrazy

Equal knowledge has been gained from both...hopefully we have provided something worth a damn to either of them.

Slow, since you are the holder of test results... Do you see any correlation between pH, CEC and Ca ppm hitting a certain Ca base#?

I am switching all of my sampling for my farm over to spectrum next season. Any way you could give a breakdown on the K series of tests and what criteria is needed to pick the correct test(s)?

I plan to retest all of my components (compost, castings, native) next season and I am trying to get a plan together. My thoughts were to S3 + Nitrate on the compost and casting to get base numbers...amend and retest with k(?) have been using k3... For soil going to k3 since it is above 6.5 pH, unless you straighten me out... need some guidance. I know the balance I want, I know the nutrition needed, I just don't know the testing well enough. I was running all tests through MSU previously...

Also, why no Si on k3?

Thanks!

PS I want some AOG seeds from the cup! But, stuck in Mi...

EasyGoing

Hit up screws growing crazy. He has kept that project alive, and my AOG's of screw's this season were even better than Bodhi's. Small numbers of AOG, but the results were amazing. I also have an offering which is AOG x Sky lotus, which is amazing. It will be in my jars at the cup for people to check out. Another great project I have yet to test is (AOG x Sky lotus......AKA Ancient Lotus) x Cherry Chem.

Anyways, I think the K3 should for sure add Si. Next year, I will add that to every test. It's expensive however, but important.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will gladly go with two last questions:

Anybody actually try Slow's magical methods for getting even distributions of metals in their soil? Take samples at 3 inches, 9 inches and 15 inches. How even is the distribution...data I hear is not even close.

Or, if you have the means, test K3 v tissue analysis, particularly if you are in high organic, proper pH, lightweight soil and tell me what you think.

Don't ride nuts...test for yourownself.

Magical methods? How funny. Is that what you call science, magical methods?

And you are hearing data? What does that sound like?

Nah, don't bother answering. Go set up your own thread and teach what you know to others.

led05

Chasing The Present
Metals in Balance

Metals in Balance

7-10 Day old seedling after emergence, this is root hairs with proper nutrition out the gates, a leg up, if you start bad you chase for the entire grow.... the hard truth we've all learned

Status
Not open for further replies.