What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you'd see by now there's nothing indirect about my approach.

Nope just asking you what you think about acetates.

I read some real interesting stuff showing k acetate to be 57% more available when used on foliar compared to k sulfate

Thanks

plantingplants

http://www.ipni.net/publication/bettercrops.nsf/0/F344B8D48D52D2F785257D2E006FE637/$FILE/BC-1995-2%20p20.pdf

^^^ k acetate (ch3cook) didn't do so well in this paper. What do you think? Looks like k carbonate and bicarbonate increases tissue k the most.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The link didn't work for some reason. Please try again or use the google url shortener.

I have no experience with K Acetate. Albion uses it in their K product.

Seems awful expensive.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Potassium acetate is extremely alkaline and is hard to get the pH down. The metalosate product has on their SDS that the pH is 6-8. Makes me think they want 6 and they actually have 8. haha. I will ask my friends there the real poop on the pH. Unless one of you lads has a pH meter and a bottle of this stuff.

Given the pH is high, lots of folks with problematic water aren't going to see the response that maybe someone with water with a pH of 5.5 or so.

Plus there will be zero chance of getting this stuff certified as organic. (The market for good high quality product and organic is where I would be aiming.)

With my water, this stuff would be a nightmare IMO.

Last edited:

jidoka

I use albion K. Better response by far than sulfate using a horiba K meter

Edit...i always keep k on the low side and then foliar based on meter numbers

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use albion K. Better response by far than sulfate using a horiba K meter

Edit...i always keep k on the low side and then foliar based on meter numbers

Maybe you could do us all a favor and test the pH of the Albion K.

Your strategy is quite interesting, if however, K is the transporter of sugars and assimilates, it is a long way around to get your K from foliars and expect them to bring up all the goodies from the roots.

Avenger

Veteran
the point of deliquescence is important to the efficacy of any foliar applied fertilizer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• point of deliquescence of potassium fertilizers.jpg
    point of deliquescence of potassium fertilizers.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 29
That is why I'm interested in acetates. Where I'm at the % RH literally never gets up that high unless it's raining constantly. I'm sure the foliar sprays work, I just think they could work better and it's information like the above that I come across that makes me think something's good then you try and talk about it here and just get a bunch of bullshit instead of a cogent discussion about acetate compounds versus sulfates.

Just a good reminder that when you're on the edge there's no one else to ask where it cuts. Hope I don't get too bloodied up trying this new stuff

jidoka

I never measured pH. I used a sap K meter. The K shows up in the sap far sooner than fulvic chelated k2so4 and both get there quicker than soil applied k2so4 which takes about 10 days in my experience

I have since quit using it. Turns out it has a "preservative" cause the glycine is microbe crack. I love my woo tainio foliar micrones and am not killing them

I just plan ahead a bit more and mix my own with fulvic. Warm water helps so long as you dont add enough to have it crystalize when it cools

Testing how fast stuff gets in the sap is something anyone can do

Edit...w/o the preservative i would use it

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never measured pH. I used a sap K meter. The K shows up in the sap far sooner than fulvic chelated k2so4 and both get there quicker than soil applied k2so4 which takes about 10 days in my experience

I have since quit using it. Turns out it has a "preservative" cause the glycine is microbe crack. I love my woo tainio foliar micrones and am not killing them

I just plan ahead a bit more and mix my own with fulvic. Warm water helps so long as you dont add enough to have it crystalize when it cools

I was referring to the pH of the product itself...

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is why I'm interested in acetates. Where I'm at the % RH literally never gets up that high unless it's raining constantly. I'm sure the foliar sprays work, I just think they could work better and it's information like the above that I come across that makes me think something's good then you try and talk about it here and just get a bunch of bullshit instead of a cogent discussion about acetate compounds versus sulfates.

Just a good reminder that when you're on the edge there's no one else to ask where it cuts. Hope I don't get too bloodied up trying this new stuff

Don't go so near the edge. You may fall off.

I got a real pure source. I'll put you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts