What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slow Iso & Activated Carbon Filter

S

Shmike

I totally agree with Chief.

In my opinion, fuzygrowth, if it's yield you are really concerned about, just let the weed from a quick wash dry out completely, and do another quick wash once it dries out. I've done that to see how much I miss in a regular quick wash, and I found that with one single thoroughly agitated 20 second wash you don't miss anything that's worth the trouble of a second wash.

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

I hate to pick sides, but im still with fuzy on this 1. i don't think its a waste of anything, I actually see it as a gain in product! .. i do have to agree with shmike/chief to a point because i would do a quick 20-60sec rinse for the good stuff and then let the stuff sit for a day in fresh iso.....

Good luck fuzy thnx for doing the hard work for us!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
will you please post some picks of your oil done like this....it looks like your on to something....

bro...show me some amber...the type that is like a sweet..or some fluffy tan budda type stuff...il call you the man

fuzygrowth

sorry buddy, no results yet, you'll have to forgive me. actually i'll tell the truth and give you an update. i ran it through the filter, it didn't work :( . still came out just as green on the otherside. normally i would just accept this as a loss and dry out the iso and deal with the shitty hash . the problem is that this HAS worked for me in the past, I HAVE DONE IT. lol, which confuses me. but here's my next step, going to go out and get the very same activated carbon used the first time which was purchased at pet smart in the aquarium section. if that doesnt work then well.. i dunno. if it does work then at least we will all know that the carbon on ebay is shit and should be avoided . thats it, stay tuned, hopefully this week i'll get some time to make the filter and run it again.

S

Shmike

This is definetly a fun way to go about maximizing the total yield with an alcohol extract. The only problem I could see with this, is that the carbon doesn't just remove contaminants, it would filter just as much of the good stuff out aswell. It's not like it's selective and will filter out only what we want it to filter out, it will filter everything that is in the alcohol, out. I know when people use carbon to purify shitty booze, they pass the alcohol through a carbon filter a few times, and the end result tastes alot better. I have read that it's because the carbon doesn't bond to the alcohol just the organic impurities.:2cents:

Last edited:
Although I have little experience with this type of thing, I have to say that i agree with Shmike. I think the carbon will filter out just as much good shit as bad..

its kurmit

well fuzygrowth i love experiments and stoner ingenuity and without innovators like yourself the world would be boring and little prgress would happen, so more power to you and id love to see the final product...
it seems that the final product would be alot more than that of a qwiso run and would probably taste the same but the potency would be diminished, so do the pros outweigh(pun intended) the cons? pros-more yield,same taste
cons-less potency
i think they do

smily

is the alchol bound to the THC on a molecular level and one way to release it is to then add heat and evaporate it travels past the Carbon and anything not bound to the alchol is stripped away. is my theory. :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts