What's new

Sleeping bags and sleep problems

Cransor2

If you're in a remote area, you can use your natural surroundings.

IE: palm tree leaves and various shrubbery, sliced up and laid down in a somewhat ergomic way for this in the tropics. pine needles in the boreal forests, snow in the arctic... etc !

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Are you "car" camping or backpacking? If you're car camping and you got a big enough tent, or if you really just dont like sleeping on the ground or can't. Get an air mattress. If money is not an object, or you're cozyness is more important, get an aerobed.

I do alot of car camping and festivals. Without this air mattress and tall tent (i can stand up no problem, near 6') It would be impossible on the 3 herniated disc in my spine. I don't even own an aero-bed, although when this current coleman airmattress dies we're getting one.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
If you can't sleep in a hammock it's prolly bc you're cold. Air mattress or a underside quilt is very important. Thermarest works best

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
when hiking miles into the forest for camping lots a marijuana(mostly extracts if you can), edibles and alcohol. im a beer guy threw and threw so a 40 in the back pack helps for an easy night getting to sleep way out in the middle of nowhere.

S

shogun

hi there fella i do a lot of wild camping i dont sleep in a tent but a us gortex bivi bag and a tarp..but i just bought a hammock and you
get an excellent sleep and no need for padding for the ground...atb shogun

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
this thread is 2.5 years old, lol

I do enjoy backpacking and use a big agnes sleeping pad with about 2.5" of loft. I'll blow it up and lay on it.

It is quite large and heavy compared to other stuff on the market now, check out hikelight dot com for the latest lightest gear.

Any new gear I buy will be the lightest possible option, It sucks carrying around 65lbs of stuff when you could do the same thing with 30lbs.

supermanlives

Veteran
i try and bring a case of booze. tequila and whiskey mostly. i sleep like a rock. wont help if your backpacking tho. my self inflating pad works great but its a bit narrow.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

if you're parking close to your campsite then buy a couple of straw bales to bust up & spread under your tent site, not only will your base be softer but the straw has insulating properties to keep you from the chill of the ground as well. you can either leave the straw behind or burn it up in your last fire.

hashcat88

yup..im a side sleeper as well

however when im camping im usually so tired i just pass right out on my back with my inflatable pad underneath, staring at the sky :D

C

chase

I've lived in a tent for about a year . It was rough .The only thing that made sleaping more comfortable was to lay out a couple layers of cardboard.

Latest posts

Latest posts