What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sleazy clone vendors

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Lost everything from last year from insanely resistant spider from Bens Nursery, followed by botrytis trying to save mothers. Saw deal last week for a great deal, and 1 of 3 clones is obviously infected with stem canker, and other 2 starting 2 show signs. Seed canary is now ghosting me.

They were paid for by Visa. Would they be able to get my money back???? I am in recreational state, but growing not allowed without paying off politicians for $100K license. They contain no THC and live a mile from state that does allow growing.

If I am screwed, is there some website where I can leave reviews for them???

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Call your bank and have them cancel your payment. Tell the bank you have been ripped off and want to stop payment.

Here is a good place to start announcing good service or bad service. If you got ripped off, then many others have too. If you post the name of the outfit in a few forums the word will get out.

mexweed

Veteran
easier said than done with banks, they will typically tell you to take it up with the business/store/merchant first

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
easier said than done with banks, they will typically tell you to take it up with the business/store/merchant first
Not if it was stolen and you can prove it. Banks deal with fraud every day and will work with customers. If you are in a legal state I would at least try. What do you got to lose?

blondie

Agreed with creepy. Nothing to lose. But call visa, not a bank. Most credit card companies have something for this type of situation. It may or may not work, if not...who cares. You need to document and give to visa all communications. You have made an honest attempt to resolve between you and the merchant.

Maybe pose it this way to the vendor. You bought a plant that was obviously infected and dying upon receipt. Two others are close behind. If you bought infected flowers or trees or something it’s the same thing. You might get lucky.

Time to stop buying clones...

mexweed

Veteran
it wasn't stolen though, it was an issue with the quality of the product purchased, also it's still federally illegal and those clone vendors are using a gray area loophole that the feds just haven't decided to put any effort into closing, not saying you shouldn't look into it or that it's risky to do so, but on the bank's end they probably don't want to touch it with a 10ft pole

blondie

Great starting place here. It says UK but assuming you are in the states it’s the same. The term is chargeback. You paid with visa... utilize their free service. Call and say you want to file a dispute for that charge. Pictures of dead and dying plants likely will be needed. I am not certain but thought it’s legal at the federal level to grow hemp in the us, at least in some situations. You bought a hemp plant didn’t you??? Wink wink.

Other thing if you really want to go there is small claims court. If you are in the same state you can file, or if you can easily get to the merchant state. You’ll need an address for the state the merchant is based in. You also have nothing to lose writing a registered letter saying since attempts have failed you are going to small claims court. They may want to stay out of court. Really though ask is it worth it. This is a large effort. It’s doable but it takes its toll. Then comes collecting. Large headache. Possible but requires desire to see it through.

Good luck but I might smoke a fucking fatty and think about my next move.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
I have for days and was ghosted. This is seed canary direct, not one of their vendors. Claims they got severe stem canker in overnight shipping when it would take weeks to get this bad. My concern is that I am in recreational state that does not allow growing. They are clones so legal to send but no thc. What do I tell bank?? Is there some plant that people order through mail that could cost $127.00. Sale was probably because he knew they were dying off. Here is most recent picture, and the only surviving clone from my disaster. I do not have smart phone so have problems with close ups of stem damage using sony dsc h1 slr digital camera. There is open canker just above rockwool and browning between nodes like MyNameStitch guide describes.

DSC00116.JPG

DSC00117.JPG

Loc Dog

Veteran
Great starting place here. It says UK but assuming you are in the states it’s the same. The term is chargeback. You paid with visa... utilize their free service. Call and say you want to file a dispute for that charge. Pictures of dead and dying plants likely will be needed. I am not certain but thought it’s legal at the federal level to grow hemp in the us, at least in some situations. You bought a hemp plant didn’t you??? Wink wink.

Other thing if you really want to go there is small claims court. If you are in the same state you can file, or if you can easily get to the merchant state. You’ll need an address for the state the merchant is based in. You also have nothing to lose writing a registered letter saying since attempts have failed you are going to small claims court. They may want to stay out of court. Really though ask is it worth it. This is a large effort. It’s doable but it takes its toll. Then comes collecting. Large headache. Possible but requires desire to see it through.

Good luck but I might smoke a fucking fatty and think about my next move.
Think you solved my conundrum. In recreational state that wants to screw the poor so no growing allowed. But if hemp/cbd strain would be allowed everywhere.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Agreed with creepy. Nothing to lose. But call visa, not a bank. Most credit card companies have something for this type of situation. It may or may not work, if not...who cares. You need to document and give to visa all communications. You have made an honest attempt to resolve between you and the merchant.

Maybe pose it this way to the vendor. You bought a plant that was obviously infected and dying upon receipt. Two others are close behind. If you bought infected flowers or trees or something it’s the same thing. You might get lucky.

Time to stop buying clones...
I have tried being reasonable and scumbag claims it occurred during overnight shipping or from my location when it would take weeks to be this bad. Found one post on here about stem canker saying that if it is at bottom, the mother was infected. Probably reason for his one day sale. Never had a problem when it was just clone trading. If I do not get money back, he wants me to pay $35 a clone to resend infected clones, will bad mouth everywhere I can. Feel sorry for his vendors, and have made a list of every available e-mail and will explain his sleazy tactics. Same deal, got a free infected clone that was same strain as another so pointless.

blondie

Luckily you didn’t drop a grand+ this go round. I thought you might be in a high dollar loss. (Hence court info) If you do go the visa route, you need to provide something like why this charge should not be paid. Then visa will require the merchant to also provide something why he should be paid. This is under usual circumstances. Anyones guess what visa will do though.