What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skywalker and White Widow cross

In my Nov.- Dec. grow I had introduced a DP feminized Skywalker. Unfourtunatly It had gone slightly hermie and pollenated some of my DP feminized White Widow's giving me some beans. (Didn't do well for that cycles yield). I trashed it, but the deed had been done. I did end up with a few nice beans and my subscriber rounded up some from his subscribers. I germed 2 out and they are viable.

In theory these should be feminized. Any thoughts on this cross?

Hippo

most likely have strong hermie tendancies.
i personally wouldnt risk a full grow on em, maybe grow one out 1st , take cuts in late veg/early flower, flower the seed plant, if its ok keep the resulting clone
goodluck

Thanks for the feedback.
I wont be putting these crosses in with my girls, other arraigngments are being made. It was risky putting in the one Skywalker, but I've had good results with DP's fem'd White Widow in the past as far as hermies go.

I felt it may have a strong hermie trait also, but since I like to experiment, I'll see what becomes of it. I may have stressed the the original Skywalker into hermie. I was growing it to see it's compatability with my White Widows as far as timing, etc. and didn't give it the same attention as I usually do, i.e smaller pot, less attention to watering, light spectrums, etc. It's males must have been deep in the buds, cause I didn't see a single male flower. Saw random seeds develop on my WW's and immediatly trashed the Skywalker. (Been using the same WW's mom's for 2 years and know it wasn't them).

I'll keep this thread going and give updates as to how this turns out. These will be mature in about seven weeks and will be cloned and flowered at that time. Pics will be included.

TokerBabe

White Widow is awesome! And mine were the Nirvana WW. I'd say give it a go as an experiment. I'll dial in, I love White Widow.

-TokerBabe

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Nice to see you here!

Nice to see you here!

Nice to see you hanging with us here....wondered where you've been...LOL! ;)

~Sorry to hear about the Skywalker, but yeah, believe would be fem beans (fem Skywalker self pollinated):D

Keep us posted!

dg

Here's the seedlings soaking up some Sol. the first one surfaced on 3/17. The shorter one surfaced 3 days behind the other one.

Been sitting under fluro's for the last 2 weeks or so, 18/6 so I have to bring back them under fluros in the eve. Using Peters 20-20-20 and Superthrive.

1129skywlkr_x_ww-med.jpg

1129skywlkr_x_ww_a-med.jpg