What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunk Forum Refugee Thread

Firebrand

I use to hang out at the Skunk magazine forum, great bunch of peeps, trading genetics and talking triumphs in the breeding arena.

Well anyways, the mag changed hands, and the forum went defunct, I wrote the new management and they say no plan for a new forum any time soon, so.....I figure see if maybe I get some of them in thread.

As I understand it they, the old skunkers, do have some sort of group on facebook, but I avoid that site due to it's invasive nature.

I'm an old skunker, and I'm still above ground, please stop by and say hello if you get a chance..............

FB

T

TheForgotten

Hey Fb, welcome.
Skunk was a good forum, what happened to it?

You'll be happy here, this site doesn't disappear even when the host has to do time while being persecuted by the 'powers that be'....

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Thank you for making this thread

I miss my Skunk Family- y'all helped me grow so much, and not just my garden.

Once I get settled, I have a bunch of seeds for Skunk Fam
I also have heirlooms and landraces that need tending to so if any Skunker is able to contribute to a project or three, lemme know.
I dont have the time or space to get to all these seeds

Firebrand

Well, I gotta tell you, you know I said in the original post that I emailed skunk mag and asked about the forum and they said no plans for one in the future....

They emailed me to day to tell me that they are planning to start another forum.

This is me asking the original question in email:
what happen to skunk forum? defunct? it is no more?
This is their first reply:
The Skunk forum was probably before my time. I don't think we'll be getting it up soon. If it were to come back online. We'll announce it.
And this is their second reply:
Apologies for my misinformed email. I have news that there are plans to relaunch the Skunk forum. Would you like me to put your email on Skunk's mailing list? By staying on the email list, you'll be the first to know once the forum is up and running.
I'll keep bumping this in the hope that some of the old skunkers see it......

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey Firebrand - welcome to ICMAG - nice of you to mention me in your sig - but now I am free again - so you might need to correct it - lol

Well, I gotta tell you, you know I said in the original post that I emailed skunk mag and asked about the forum and they said no plans for one in the future....

They emailed me to day to tell me that they are planning to start another forum.

This is me asking the original question in email:
This is their first reply:
And this is their second reply:

I'll keep bumping this in the hope that some of the old skunkers see it......

St. Phatty

Let's start a Fashion Trend.

Put a 1 gram bud of Skunk in your shirt pocket and let the general public enjoy the smell.

Although that perhaps would not be recommended in Ohio & Indiana.