What's new

Ski and Snowboard Season 2013/2014 - Year of the Pow

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob feature

frig....been the year of the octember and now just ice

I ran into a lot of ice my last trip up...been pretty here & there actually. I've done maybe 10 days at Keystone with a few powder days (one 19" powder day!), but mostly it's been a little sketchy. Think I'm gonna hit A-basin tomorrow...looks like a Spring preview...supposed to be in the 40s.

rob feature

Well, yesterday didn't happen, but today did :biggrin:

a-bay-L.jpg

My first day at A-bay this year and I'm kicking myself for waiting so long. So far your title is pretty accurate OP - it's at least a year of the pow. 6 or so just while I was around today!

Now if they'll just stop closing the pass :prettyplease:

JohnnyATL

Veteran
nice! i have 4 more days to use at abasin before the seasons over. its snowing now in taos, its been a good past 2 weeks finally!

rob feature

Looks like you'll have plenty of time to get in those A-bay days. I think it's gonna be a long season. Loveland is close to their season average - today :biggrin:. Lots of season left too. Berthoud avalanched on a few cars today. CDOT's talking about record avalanche danger on the roads.

Good to hear y'all are getting some snow down there. I know it's been a little dry to the south this year - and super bad on the west coast. Hope y'all are getting in on this one!

JohnnyATL

Veteran
hope you guys had a good season. I am having a baby anytime now, so hopefully he gets here so I can go skiing!@#@#!

JohnnyATL

Veteran
Anyone still riding? Closed here but I've hiked few times and think I'm gonna make a trip up to a basin before they close...

rob feature

I halfway meant to get up yesterday, but wound up getting my moto ready to ride instead. Looks like A-Bay's melting pretty quickly by the webcams. Still a 76" base this morning though - need to get up at least one more time. Loveland closes today :(

JohnnyATL

Veteran
dumpage in the high country of colorado all the way down to new mexico. gonna try to get out asap and ride some backcountry before it all melts

rob feature

I'm eyeballing A-Basin tomorrow, but I'm staying home if Loveland Pass is closed.

We got 6 inches, but I'll be able to ride my bike on dry trails tomorrow afternoon...good ol' CO weather :dance013:

JohnnyATL

Veteran
it was good, we got a few inches over night so it was fresh and by noon it had gotten kinda slushy. had to hike to 10,500 feet before the snow started, skined up to about 11,500 then climbed a sketchy bootpack up to the top of that ridge then went up to the top about 12,400ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts