What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Size Matters!

b4df15h

no-till style..

flower room will be 1 600w and 1 1000w..

was planning on 4 7gals under each light but now reconsidering..

maybe 1 45gal per light? i dont know though..

Ive heard that size matters when it comes to living soil..

input would be most appreciated..

B

Baked Alaskan

I used Rubbermaid totes as earthbox containers, and living soil only about 4" deep into the tote full of promix based soil. I would brew an AACT once or twice per cycle and had great results. I guess what I am trying to say is if you use smaller containers you can use an AACT to resupply your microherd.

hermdog

To flower out a plant in a 45 gallon you're going to need some serious veg time to make it worth it.

hermdog

Or, you're doing multiple clones or plants per container?
The question skipped my mind since it wasn't mentioned.

Scrappy4

Veteran
no-till style..

flower room will be 1 600w and 1 1000w..

was planning on 4 7gals under each light but now reconsidering..

maybe 1 45gal per light? i dont know though..

Ive heard that size matters when it comes to living soil..

input would be most appreciated..

I'd go 4, 7-10 gallon pots under the 600w and four 15-20 gallon under the 1k. You can get the 600 closer, but it won't cover the area a 1k will. 3x3 and 4x4 for ideal coverage, and you can overlap them a bit, for a little bonus coverage.

No problem on a 45, but plan on longer veg times to fill the area, multiple smaller plants fill areas quicker, than single big girls. IMHO 4 plants per light is about right for most of us. For efficiency you want to fill your grow area with light, and bud sites, and four plants will fill that area faster than one.

4- 15 gallon pots is really max for either light. By the time you push almost any 4 15 gallon containers together you have a 4×4 square and your plants will probably take up between a foot and 6 inches outside that. What size space you working with? Probably need about 50 square feet to make this setup work for your two lights, if your rocking portable ac/ heat/fans. I definitely would just recycle the soil in 7 gallons, instead of trying to no till. Even if you pop small clones in 7 gallons you'll probably be root bound by harvest. With 15 and up you can usually get away without disturbing the soil too much, just don't over veg. You can't really get away with the same size veg plants as you would with smiles in the same container. At least that's my thought. Casters are awesome, a 15 gallon no till pot can easily be 100+ pounds.

My plants are in 10 gallon smart pots with a couple in 5 gallon fabric pots. I left 4" or so free from the top of the pots for top dressing and mulching. This is my skywalker Kush and I see why they named it this. She is tall at 17 days into flower.

Attachments

• DSC_0279.jpg
    DSC_0279.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 8