What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SITZ Bath's-What say you?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have had more than a dozen flexible sigmoscopies 7 of which were for hemorrhoid bandings , 4 colonoscopies, and next to the last time they chopped out 14 inches of my intestines. Needless to say there's significant nerve damage and inflamation. Major. Someone suggests sitz baths but I don't see how it would do anything. What's your view here on the OLD ( er ) peoples section? Inquiring OLD mind woud like to know!
takeit.gif

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I have had 5 foot of my small intestine removed so far. Sounds like you need to be on meds of some sort for the inflammation and nerve damage. Personaly I am on remicade infusions for inflammation along with mercaptopurine and allopurinol. For the nerve damage I am on gabapentin taken daily and codeine taken as needed. Sidz baths can be helpful especially for hemorrhoids but what you're describing sounds a bit more serious and I wouldn't want to just rely on a sidz bath. Good luck

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I take gabarpentin a couple of times a day and percocets which is what started the problem in the first place ( pain management ) I have to inquire about some of the things you are taking for the inflammation as my inflammation is a major problem .

5 feet. Good G-d man.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I wish you the best of luck as I know from experience how terrible all this is and can be. Don't assume someone has to be old for this to be an issue. My first crohns related surgery I was 30 and am 42 and disabled now. I know someone who all this started when they were 17. For crohns there is no cure just band aids and even when you can get into remission (which I am) the damage has been done.