What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

sdd420

Veteran
Another sleepless night… poor little lady is still coughing and it’s nearly choking her at night.
Got her back to sleep on the couch at around 3am, and I’ve made another doctors appointment for 11:30 …, fingers crossed 🤞 they can help
If she has trouble coughing up the phlegm try sleeping on her side. This moves the phlegm and opens up the bottom of the lungs

Cuddles

I am trying this too but but I don’t have much experience yet
I use 1 teaspoon per cup/mug. It needs to be steeped for a long time - 12 minutes minimum. I usually let it sit much longer. You can drink it hot, cold or warm and it ´ll work. I prefer it warm however.
I use it AM and PM because this gives the best results. I noticed that the effect wears off after about 12 hours or so. When I don´t take it in the evening I can really feel it the following morning.

When things aren´t too bad I also use just half a teaspoon and still get results.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Another sleepless night… poor little lady is still coughing and it’s nearly choking her at night.
Got her back to sleep on the couch at around 3am, and I’ve made another doctors appointment for 11:30 …, fingers crossed 🤞 they can help
So… 4 doctors visits later… she’s been so ill bless her. Coughing so hard that it’s been making her sick over everything.
After saying it’s a virus, then two courses of different antibiotics and a month on they finally sent us to a nurse who knows what she’s doing.
They now think it’s “cough variant athsma” which I hadn’t heard of … prescribed 2 different inhalers and it seems we are turning a corner- 2 nights of no vomiting 👍👍
Cough still there but less episodes.

Then we wake up this morning and her hamster 🐹 has died 🤯

I mean, for f*#$ sake

mr.brunch

Veteran
What's that expression . . . two steps forward and one back . . . ? So sorry to hear about her troubles. Do your magic and get her happy again. ;)

I am feeling it here as well. It is really hard being the optimist sometimes.
Thanks for your kind words… we are planning to get her 2 dwarf female hamsters this week and she’s already picking out names 👍
She’s now worried about school as she’s had 4 weeks at home so it feels different… the autism magnifies it, and my natural instinct is to want to keep her with me always so it’s hard to fight that.

It’ll all come out in the wash as they say.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
We are on break here for the weekend. I ran my wife to the hospital every day last week for radiation. That's 5 out of 33 appointments . . . It is a minimum 1/2 hour drive one way . . . but I get to drive by rapper Drake's mansion (43.73458080837828, -79.37420544003997) as my route goes through the very deluxe Post Road area - Toronto's richest abodes. By the vehicles he parks on the curb, I suspect he pisses his neighbours off. :rasta:

Cuddles

So… 4 doctors visits later… she’s been so ill bless her. Coughing so hard that it’s been making her sick over everything.
After saying it’s a virus, then two courses of different antibiotics and a month on they finally sent us to a nurse who knows what she’s doing.
They now think it’s “cough variant athsma” which I hadn’t heard of … prescribed 2 different inhalers and it seems we are turning a corner- 2 nights of no vomiting 👍👍
Cough still there but less episodes.

Then we wake up this morning and her hamster 🐹 has died 🤯

I mean, for f*#$ sake
how depressing for you all :(

They thought it was a virus? Have they not done a lab test yet? Oh well, I´m really glad you got a good nurse now. An experienced nurse is sometimes worth more than a doctor ! (y)

Cuddles

Thanks for your kind words… we are planning to get her 2 dwarf female hamsters this week and she’s already picking out names 👍
She’s now worried about school as she’s had 4 weeks at home so it feels different… the autism magnifies it, and my natural instinct is to want to keep her with me always so it’s hard to fight that.

It’ll all come out in the wash as they say.
If she´s already choosing names for new hamster then this is a good sign that she´s cheering up a bit again :)
And it´s always great to have sometimg to look forward too isn´t it? ;)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Today I googled: dandelions in uk
I was curious because I have never seen one on my visits to your isle (only x3 btw) and I have never heard anyone from GB bitch about them. I guess I was there at the wrong time/wrong place. :rasta:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I was curious because I have never seen one on my visits to your isle (only x3 btw) and I have never heard anyone from GB bitch about them. I guess I was there at the wrong time/wrong place. :rasta:
Lots of them appear in the lawn if it’s left uncut for a few weeks… I’ve never minded them myself as I used to blow the tops off for baby brunch and she was transfixed as they blew away.
Of course she’s a bit bigger now but still does it herself.
Pretty annoying in the veg patch though 🤣

mike-or-ozzy

Make a nice tea with the greens, also, salad 2 with the early/small greens. Very good for the organs. Check it out on herbal remedies. It works for me.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Here they are considered a noxious weed by many but yes, others eat them. I have already dug up a couple dozen of the things. Fiskars - yes the weed trimmer company Fiskars - make a killer weed puller which I employ with great success since all chemicals that used to be used for weed control have been banned here.

Timj

I make a nutrient tea from the whole plant and use it to feed my outdoor ladies. I have both the Fiskers hand weeder tool and the Fiskers 4-Claw stand up weeder to harvest dandelions.

Cuddles

Lots of them appear in the lawn if it’s left uncut for a few weeks… I’ve never minded them myself as I used to blow the tops off for baby brunch and she was transfixed as they blew away.
Of course she’s a bit bigger now but still does it herself.
Pretty annoying in the veg patch though 🤣
dandelions may be annoying but they are also a blessing - after all they have great health benefits :)