What's new

Siskiyou County

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Howdy ICmaggers. Was looking for input on the situation in Siskiyou. I've read the regs on the county site, but I'd like some feedback from folks as to what is actually tolerated.

Last year I was on a 20acre residential property in Montague with a fenced garden of appx 2acres with a double wide trailer. It was a shit show. Girl jammed 400+ plants into 125 pots & had another 20 plants in 8 pots in the dep. She called me to help because her orig gardener was a mess & her farm was going to fail. Anyway.... I was onsite for a month & had nooooo issues with code enforcement or sheriff's or even flyovers. She was papered up & incorporated & had 2 lawyers on retainer & a nice laminated letter from each.

I'm looking at possibly posting up on a cattle ranch just north of weed. The land owner is old school & from trinity & doesn't care about plant counts, but I want to keep my head down & be efficient (I know. Lil late in season for efficiency lol). I don't want any legal/land use hassles to cost me the opportunity to jump into legal production when it happens here.

Would be doing 2 full term SMALL (~10' x 20' --> 12' x 27' no bigger, not connecting them) cold frames/carports. Also want to dep one the same size & set a 10 x 20' carport up as my summer house lol. So 4 very small structures with popup shades for 275tote resiviors. (6) 200gal pots w/1 plant ea. full term per greenhouse. 12 plant dep in the 3rd house.

Property is 400 acres so no setback or generator noise issues. All the water I need is there. I won't be on a septic if I'm sleeping between GH's. I will have 12 full term & a 12 plant dep. I'm papered up & have access to lots of extra 215 papers to post if necc. Landowner & wife are also papered up.

Should I expect hassles? Hard flyovers & no visits? No nothing w/my lil 40-50lb??? Any local input is appreciated. :tiphat:

Be wary

Be wary

I suspect there is a good reason Siskiyou is not seeing a surge in property values. I was there 8 years ago helping a friend and the cops were just dicks, fucking with assholes and saints both. Old boy sheriffs to the max...

northstate

ICMag Donor
Here, this should help.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts