What's new

SIP Containers

I'm running 3 gallon SIPs. 6 of 'em under a 400 watt setup. Someday I'll switch to 2 five gallon models. Or better yet a custom bed and blumats...

Tree dogg

SIP Containers

I've got four 5-gallon buckets for flowering and a few perlite trays for vegging
Both hooked up to water tanks

Since I have been using these I stopped using a couple of things I want to try to incorporate into the SIP system
I'm trying to figure out how to top dress, or something similar
With the SIP buckets the top never gets that wet, so top dressing seems ineffective to me. The hydration level in the SIP seems just right, so to water it in would likely flood it. The same for teas or extracts. I have some buckets with cups for wicks and some with rope wicks, I don't think putting it in the res would work because the wicking is slow and the teas would go anaerobic.
I add silica to the water but not aloe anymore because it made a mess of the res's.
I have heard letting them dry out and watering would disturb the ideal hydration in the soil and that may cause problems

Anyone have ideas/suggestions/experiences?

Water in teas from the top and protekt + water from the bottom. Keep giving the pots the same ammount of water, just come in the old fashioned way from time to time.

Currently have 6 5gal SIPs using Perlite as the wick.

2 more 5gal having their sides removed and Smart Pots inserted.

Going to try vert/SIPs, I figured it's the best set-up for how fast these suckers grow!

Tree dogg

SIP Containers

Currently have 6 5gal SIPs using Perlite as the wick.

2 more 5gal having their sides removed and Smart Pots inserted.

Going to try vert/SIPs, I figured it's the best set-up for how fast these suckers grow!

Yeah, rapid growth. Vertical lighting too?

Yeah, rapid growth. Vertical lighting too?

I was always unsure about doing vertical, but once you start poking around the vert threads here and see people hitting the 2g/w rate it's hard to over look. Plus the set-ups are dialed in and the feedback is there.

Also not rotating your plant's is OK with me haha, since the energy is only really needed on one side anyways if you SCROG it. So keeping the 5gals in one spot, piping them up and No-Till'ing means I need another hobby!

Check PoorBoys set-up, it's easier to find it if you sort the threads by views (good tip someone just gave me). All 5gal buckets stacked, I mean it's crying to have SIPs used.

Wish WannaB would show up and post her Perlite Trays also!

^^^^are 5 gallon containers big enough for no-till?

That's currently getting tossed around the New ROLS thread Sterling just setup, so far it seems it's 5gals+ at a depth of 14inches going by MicrobeMan.

I think if I can get this Smart SIP to work how I want it 5gals will be plenty. Of course I will do a Side by Side now that I have multi strains and a larger flower room.

Check out this vert grow, how's that for no-till!

B

BlueJayWay

Lets see some pics of your sips and your wicks! Sounds fun indeed.

Anyone doing this as a large scale alternative to blumats?

Latest posts

Latest posts