What's new

Simpson oil

Breakover

What we've been doing for our clients that need decarbed extract is this:

Run our Michigan Modified Mk1 terpenator as usual.

Scrape extract (bondo scrapers work awesome!)and place in 250ml beaker on oil bath set to 290F

Cook oil down for approx 15 min, depending on volume, cook until the bigger bubbles stop(these are lighter terpenes boiling off). Then you will begin to see smaller, more uniform bubbles. Leave on heat until most of those small bubbles have stopped.

Remove from heat, cool for a bit, then syringe it up.

Viola! Butane Simpson Oil! Takes us about 1.5 hrs to wack out a Michigan lb into BSO.

KonradZuse

The only funny thing I found about Rick Simpson is that in his "Run From The Cure" video he shows some nasty black oil.

Then comes up with another video saying someone bought some black oil, and showed it to him. HE then said his oil is golden and had 3 middle stripes with 1 stripe of her oil on the top and bottom(which looked EXACTLY like the black shit RS said to make).

So I'm not sure what's up with his claims hahah.

I don't dout they work, but don't discourage others just to makre a buck.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
it's a pity he doesn't update his tek to qwet or at least tell people to freeze their material and solvent before processing. at least they don't have to smoke that black crap.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I for one dislike the term "simpson" oil, its decarboxylated hash oil or activated oil would also be appropiate. In my opinion he has confused quite a few people as I had to explain to many that his methods are not the only way to obtain this medicine. I personally am not a fan of naptha, esspecially naptha you buy at the local hardware, wide range of boiling points, possibility of rust inhibitors, benzene, etc. I love me some 190 proof ethanol :)

I like to decarboxylate absolutes and QWET, for oral use. Activated QWET extracted from average quality hash or kief is great for oral use and a personal favorite of mine. While the taste will mostly be bland and hashy for vaporizing, the yield will be high, the oil very potent, and lots of the chloropyll has been avoided.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dislike anyones name attached to something that has been used for several thousand years under its generic names. Even it it was my own.

It is highly confusing to noobies, especially when it is touted as having magical qualities above the same oil extracted by other means.

What I consider to be RSO, is oil extracted using his naphtha process. I don't endorse naphtha as a solvent, because the specification only specifies boiling point range, and if you start reading different manufacturers MSDS, sometimes contains benzene.

Pentane and Hexane both boil in the 30/90C Light Naphtha range, and are my prefered alternative.

I have no problem at all refering to a Rick Simpson Cure, of one gram a day of concentrate. He developed that dosage through his experimentation and deserves credit. Without his experimentation and sacrifice, our movement wouldn't have progressed as far as it has.

Latest posts

Latest posts