What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Simple ice water jar hash made with trim and AVB

Swanson

Trial run: Into the freezer I put weed + 1 Litre of water seperate from weed in two 750ml jars. Chopped/crumpled weed into jar A once very COLD then shook hard. Let settle. Scoop out floating weed. rinse everything through with water from jar B, press into fine mesh strainer and discard. Repeat until complete then pour through coffee filter, scrape up and dry. Will post a dry pic/smoke report in a couple days.
Screenshot_20200223-134913.jpg

Screenshot_20200223-134903.jpg

Screenshot_20200223-134923.jpg

Swanson

Screenshot_20200223-160728.jpg
Had to taste it. Took a hairdryer to some after squeezing water out then fired up a bowl. Tastes kinda rustic but smooth. Black hash like and has a pleasant smokey taste from the decarbed material I guess. Instant body load sedating buzz, I mostly vape indica dominant strains. Will do again with my AVB.. yield was good, maybe 15% but likely lots of AVB contaminant.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I make butter with my AVB which makes cookies. There is plenty of THC left but the heads are all busted to pieces and melted. I wonder why/how ice water would work, because the goodies are oil, not water soluble.

Swanson

The hash seems half decent, definitely not the cleanest. I think using decent trim and AVB helped my case. AVB only hash is on my to do list though. A finer initial mesh would improve the product for sure. Might buy the shrimp egg mesh you linked fe.
I make a lot of edibles and infused drinks with AVB too. Vaping is rad for that! Wish we had good vapes back in the day.
Screenshot_20200223-210414.jpg