What's new

Silverback is Dead

Team Microbe

Veteran
Just reading this guys threads is an inspiration. I never knew him personally, but I can say that I think "what would Silverback do" in times of question when I'm going guerrilla.

This guy dedicated his life to growing despite of the laws, despite what many thought and despite many other odds going against him. He saw passion in being a grower, and stopped at no means to be that person he wanted to be. When big balls meets wisdom LEO's are in for some trouble.... that's all I can say :laughing:

I think Silverback would've wanted us to step up our game a notch or two and when going guerrilla to be extra careful. Like ya know when you're out in the bush and you're debating between one thing or the other? Usually option A is more attractive because it's faster/easier but at the same time it's sacrificing security more than option B; in which is harder/more time-consuming but will be the safer bet compared to the first option. It's times like these where I ask myself WWSBD and go with option B. I love his idea of parking in an area not connected to the grow site what so ever... then getting out and riding a bicycle to your spot and dipping into the woods (assuming it's off of a road) when traffic is at a halt. Going the extra mile can be the difference between compromising your patch or not...

One night I looked up all Silverback's threads thanks to Gemini Genetics' bio with them all laid out nicely for us to browse through. These threads are GOLDEN!!!! And they haven't been dusted off for 2-3 years so it's that time again folks... time to smoke and sit down and go through these bad boys for all the hidden wisdom they provide. It's there just for the taking...

RIP Silverback, you've only met a small amount of us in person here in ICmag I'd imagine... but all of us can learn from your experience and generous threads reaching out to others. You never had to do any of it, but you did because you were a good dude and cared about other people besides yourself. Respect, and be with us this season.... we're gonna need you sooner or later. :tiphat:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
is there a mod around that can help me to dig up all the threads silverback wrote about bc i want to read them all and im sure many others will benefit from it as well..i have read the one i think the thread was called "A discussion on mold" when i type that in i dont get no search results now..thanks icmag

joose

is there a mod around that can help me to dig up all the threads silverback wrote about bc i want to read them all and im sure many others will benefit from it as well..i have read the one i think the thread was called "A discussion on mold" when i type that in i dont get no search results now..thanks icmag

I would love a list of silverback links...may he rest in peace and his knowledge be spread far and wide. In a community as well rounded and well populated as this one for someone to stand out as much as he did is really amazing... the world could really use more like him!

Team Microbe

Veteran

I would love a list of silverback links...may he rest in peace and his knowledge be spread far and wide. In a community as well rounded and well populated as this one for someone to stand out as much as he did is really amazing... the world could really use more like him!

Here ya go guys:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285095

In Gemini's signature there are tons of Silverback threads. I'm sure there are more but that's a good place to get started on em. Enjoy :tiphat:

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran

I did this a few years ago, and had contacted a couple members to make a silverback PDF. Nothing ever came of it...

Here is what you are looking for.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=80568

Got 30+ silverback threads saved... Guess it's time to try to make the silverback PDF again? :dance013:

Last edited:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I did this a few years ago, and had contacted a couple members to make a silverback PDF. Nothing ever came of it...

Got 30+ silverback threads saved... Guess it's time to try to make the silverback PDF again? :dance013:

hey bro thanks alot!!!..i just recently found out that silverback was from kentucky and he was only 2 counties away from me..i use to go to the town he lives in alot when i was 16-17yr just to cruise around and meet chics..after thanksgiveing im gonna go there and start making contact with pl and try to find some of his family since i still have friends that is actually from powell county..i hope like hell i find some and might be able to get some ol seed stock of some his great corss's..also seen at UDG they have a strain named after silverback bc he sent some seeds to a certain person there that worked it out which is great..i got a 10 pack on the way now of that strain called silverback..here is the description of it "Silverback
Supposedly one half herijuana that was obtained from the late Silverback(rip) from Kentucky.

This pheno was very frosty and a lot quicker than the #2 Mom. Hit with the Freeze daddies; these strains were made for each other: fat, fast and frosty.

Herijuana x Freezeland
Photoperiod
Regular Seeds"

cant wait to get these in..i bet they will be great

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran

It may be easier to just have a sticky with links to all of the threads for now. That would make it easy for the community to compile a pdf with all of his information organized.

I'd be very interested to start digging through them all now. I've already read the discussion about mould thread.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
It may be easier to just have a sticky with links to all of the threads for now. That would make it easy for the community to compile a pdf with all of his information organized.

I'd be very interested to start digging through them all now. I've already read the discussion about mould thread.

i went back to like page 180ish and found a few more..i open my FB chat and post the threads on a buddy facebook that i never talk to in PM so the threads..that discussion on mould is a great thread..i learned so much from that thread from all the ppl posting in it and SB

Rinse

Veteran
I never spoke to Silverback, but I sit here with some outdoor grown maple leaf indica thanks to his posts, he was a true herb connoisseur and very knowledgeable,
his original bubblegum must have been sublime, love to hear more on that.

Smoke A Lot Seeds has a strain I think is named after silverback, its a Herijuana x Freezeland and sounds dank.

The Pdf idea is great, Id love to read more of his posts.

Last edited:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I never spoke to Silverback, but I sit here with some outdoor grown maple leaf indica thanks to his posts, he was a true herb connoisseur and very knowledgeable,
his original bubblegum must have been sublime, love to hear more on that.

Smoke A Lot Seeds has a strain I think is named after silverback, its a Herijuana x Freezeland and sounds dank.

The Pdf idea is great, Id love to read more of his posts.

ya i have greencure and kc33 thanks to him..i thought about getting the maple leaf strain but i dont want to do autos bc i cant sex them indoors since i have no setup and cant afford to grow in my house at all so i stick stictly to fem seeds now..i also didnt ever talk to him but there is a few guys here that are still active that did talk to him so i pick their brains ever chance i get to learn all i can..