What's new

Sigh . . . I don't even know anymore

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Thanks for the help dillhole (heh).

So here's what I did. I took my 5 gallon buckets (from the garage) and sawed them down to be 3 gallon buckets. I then mixed my FF Ocean Forest Soil with Perilte, and added 1 TB of dolomite lime per gallon of mixed Soil + Perlite.

So of my 4 plants, 2 were girls. I chucked 2 and tranplanted the 2 girls into the sawed down buckets, and drilled tons of drainage holes. Both plants looked pretty rootbound . . . .

I did NOT water after the transplant, as it took all morning to get this stuff done. Unfortunately I also dropped my MH bulb while moving my reflector (I don't know why I decided to remove the bulb), lol, so they're now under the HPS . . .

Should I water them now they're transplanted even though I watered on Saturday? Both of them were still pretty wet, but I'm glad I transplanted for now. Eventually I'll move them into 7 gallon containers, but I'll wait a week or so before I do that. How does this sound so far? Should I still bother with the hydrated lime, or just let the dolomite do its thing?

Should I water them at all now I've transplanted? Thanks for your help man!

Last edited:

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Water now! Always water thoroughly and completely, directly after repotting. BTW, I'm very impressed with the advice dillhole has been giving you. Rarely do people get such good advice on this forum. Stick with what he says and you can't go wrong.

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Yah I agree: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dillhole again."

okay so water now even though they were a lil overwatered? Just to confirm . . .

D

dillhole

Thanks guys! Just trying to pay the community back for all the help I've gotten.

I think it would be ok to water them. You have new soil and lots of drain holes. When the soil gets dry resume your normal water/feed schedule. Keep checking the pH. Every time. If (when) it starts to drop again, you know how to fix it now.

For future grows, you may need to get some Cannazym. It breaks down dead root material. I think it's helped me with my pH problems late into flower. I use it after a repot.

Keep us posted on your results. Maybe this thread will help people for years to come.

DH

D

dillhole

Thanks for the help dillhole (heh).

... Eventually I'll move them into 7 gallon containers, but I'll wait a week or so before I do that. How does this sound so far? Should I still bother with the hydrated lime, or just let the dolomite do its thing?

I just saw this. 7 gallon pots may be overkill. I use 3 gallon pots and my plants get 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide (LST). 5 gallon pots can grow trees :joint:

I think you will still have to correct the pH. I would add some hydrated lime or pH up, just be careful with it. The old soil on the rootmass still has a low pH. The roots will have to find the new soil before it will help the plant. The plants will get happy faster if you try to fix it. I think I would also start foliar feeding until new roots fill in, because right now, they aren't getting any nutrients from the soil (pH lockout).

DH

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Hey man. I'll probably grow them out in 5 gallon pots then, 7 gallon will likely just be a waste of soil.

Anyways, I thought I'd update you. I watered about 5 minutes ago, with water that was pH 7.0, and my runoff was 6.75 - 7.0. It was the first time since I started checking runoff that it looked ok. I will update again when I check them on Wednesday. Thanks a lot DH, I'll keep everyone up to date, but I'm REALLY happy my runoff was a decent pH. It's been a while since I've seen that . . . .

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I should add my space allows for the plants to grow 4.5 feet above the soil, with the shelf on it's lowest setting. Temps aren't really a concern, as my night/day swing is 65F - 75F, but in October it could be more like: 60F - 70F.

Humidity is constant at 45 - 50%. That stuff sound okay?

D

dillhole

Sounds great! Temps may get a little cool but still ok. Humidity is fine. I'm glad to hear that the pH is looking better. Leave 'em alone now and see how they react. It may take a couple of days to see improvement. The damaged leaves probably wont recover but new growth should look good.

You will have to keep a close watch on the pH throughout the rest of the grow. By checking it every time you water you'll be able to spot a problem before the plant does!

Good luck and smoke one for me at harvest time!

DH

defnitily a nitrogen deficiency, but i wouldn't be as concerned if i were you about the overwatering, i mean obviously you dont want them sitting in water or anything, make sure there are plenty of drain holes. those things need to be fed