What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Side by side grow. 630 CMH vs 1000HPS

U

useless.gardens

dont worry about that troll issack. honestly, fu*k the frauds & fakes & haters.

loved the thread.

& while the hard data is limited, i found your comments & photos both insightful & helpful. i had been rocking cmh conversion bulbs (hps = cmh 400w)(GE 93295 bulbs) for a while & loved them.

getting ready to do the 630de cmh in adjust a wings & am stoked by the side by side you just did with hps. not only did you grab a nice yield. its obvious the reduction in wattage is all round better for your bottom line.

will a room full of 630s how do you feel about the btu of the a/c? do you think you could be using smaller a/c units? if you knew what you know now, would you have done a smaller mini-split?

what kind of chiller are you using?

Last edited:

issack

Veteran
dont worry about that troll issack. honestly, fu*k the frauds & fakes & haters.

loved the thread.

& while the hard data is limited, i found your comments & photos both insightful & helpful. i had been rocking cmh conversion bulbs (hps = cmh 400w)(GE 93295 bulbs) for a while & loved them.

getting ready to do the 630de cmh in adjust a wings & am stoked by the side by side you just did with hps. not only did you grab a nice yield. its obvious the reduction in wattage is all round better for your bottom line.

will a room full of 630s how do you feel about the btu of the a/c? do you think you could be using smaller a/c units? if you knew what you know now, would you have done a smaller mini-split?

what kind of chiller are you using?

Thanks man. I'm glad this was informative for you.
Yes I absolutely would keep the same btu in this room. Those 630s run hot. The same as an air cooled 1000hps. I also just bought another 630 and I'm going to put it in the closet that is in this room. I'll spring for the 4 630s to replace the last 4 1000s I have once this next grow is done..
I have learned now after this grow that overkill on you ac is just a win win factor. To have the room running at 78 with lights on I have noticed the plants just thrive.. I advise anyone to completely go overboard on the ac btu factor.

My chiller on my res is a pond chiller. It's a beast. I forgot the brand. It's a big boy though. Overkill on chillers too. Its always best to be more safe than sorry.

brown_thumb

This thread is awesome!!

Has anyone added the 10K lamps to their CMH Agro? I'm thinking the added blue and UVB for 2-4 hours in the middle of the lighting period each day might be beneficial, to simulate UV rich midday light.

SaToRi_GrOwS

I'm on my first run with nanolux 630 cmh I have 6 but am running 4 right now will be running all 6 next round.. I just raised mine to 3 feet above I had some heat stress also I wasn't expecting to have to raise them so high but I'm glad I have the room to be able to do that. They are so fucking bright its gnarly. And the plant growth is crazy. Best �� I've spent in a while on grow equipment. But they do get hotter than I expected and I have to upgrade my ac next round to be able to run the other 2.

Robney

Hey issack! Thanks again for doing this awesome side by side, confirms what a lot of people have been saying. I have a quick question for you though, now that you've have some time not trimming! Do you notice, or is anyone in your crew reporting, any difference in the hps vs the cmh buds in terms of high or flavor?

U

useless.gardens

Personally, I believe flavor and high are genetic and only nuanced by light type.

There are other variables with respect to environment that might affect the aforementioned, like excessive fertilizer use, insane stress (for example neglect) , etc.

Robney

Personally, I believe flavor and high are genetic and only nuanced by light type.

There are other variables with respect to environment that might affect the aforementioned, like excessive fertilizer use, insane stress (for example neglect) , etc.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Earlier this year I had jars of sour dubb taken at 57 days under hps and under led, gg4 taken at 70 days under hps and under led, and right now I have ogkb 2.0 taken at 80 days under cmh and under led (and in the past I've had it from hps at 80 days too), and in every instance there is something slightly different between the two jars even though all the nutritional and environmental aspects are essentially the same (maybe a 2 degree difference in temps between the two cabs). Maybe to you it's a nuanced difference, but to me it's a big deal. Who knows, maybe I'm just going to find out I'm crazy and it doesn't make a difference to anyone else

Issack - are you noticing any difference between the two? Anyone reporting any difference? And seriously, thank you again for doing this awesome side by side!

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Issack! Really enjoyed reading this thread, thanks for taking the time to research and provide us with the information. You're plants look beautiful!

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
@Robney this was from a few pages back.

So after digging deep and really getting into the trim on the HPS side. I have learned that the CMH is just a way better Light.. It produced a way better product. there was more Terps, the buds were way heavier, it was a dream to trim compared to the HPS. HPS had more larf. There was way more untrimmable buds. As where the CMH there was not that much air buds and larf at all CMH is just a considerable amount more of density going on.. I was amazed at the penetration as well deep down in the canopy. the buds were still hard and trimmable, as to where the HPS was very airy and Light. Weighing up an ounce of both sides the ounce on the CMH side fills up half the bag as to where the ounce on the HPS packs it full..

Here are some good links i read today with information about how plants respond to different types/colors of light and there effect on plant growth.

https://eyehortilux.com/grow-lights-grow/beyond-par-lighting/

https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/489030

duke1992

Question about the lights.
The lights are 630w, is it 1 630w light or are there 2 315w in the hood?

thank you for the answer

DunHav`nFun

Yes they are 2 315s in the hood
How much are those fixtures bro ?......Who`s got the best deal online ?...… and do they come with the Philips bulbs or do you have to source those elsewhere.....thinkin bout a headies grow under my lakehouse stairwell that`s less than 5 x 5 with an 8' ceiling...…

Hope all`s well with rotations startin back up again soon, so thanks again for your time and...…

Peace....DHF.....:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts