What's new

Showtime "hash" machine from WalMart

rasputen

Ras, Could you try and put the green kiff back into the machine to clean it up?

Good Idea! But I used it all to learn how to press, while destroying (destructive analysis) the alum. Makin Clay extruder. I have several grams of nice blond kif that I have been curing for a while and have ordered the stainless Makin Clay press.

The slides were early in my learning curve. No more objects in the drum!!!!

The first page of this thread brought about comments that it was too slow to work, but it turnned out that that makes it excellent for not dammaging the herb, yet takes many hours to fill the mirror .

I need to put some more feedstock in and run a new batch, but it is just starting to be growing season (indoor) here so I will be waiting a bit more.

After seeing DoobieDuck's thread I thought some people might want to see this one 2, (ok...I saw a chance to get attention).
:joint:
rasputen----*<8o)>

rasputen

Here's mine

MajLeeStoned,

That is awsome! I love materials at hand engineering.
And the hash can be just as good as if made with an expensive polinator.
Even better if you tweak your screens.

I think I should follow your example and make some more drums to sift the kif into grades as SoloGrow57 mentioned above.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
howdy, rasputen

howdy, rasputen

mind candy, my favorite!

nice job innovating. do you have a source for the stainless screen? i'm thinking about one rotating end over end, a tube with screens at each end so that twice each rev the scuff would fall all the way down and slam into the bottom screen. it would make opening and closing easy with threaded or snap off ends. the ends could be cut out for the screens. maybe short and fat like a 5 gal bucket, black of course.

i make my kief now with a drill, large paint mixer, water, and ice but i don't mesh it. i wash it multiple times, siphoning out the green water. laborious but produces some nice stuff. i have washed it to the color of your finest, but most of the time i stop at your medium green color. it dries into a nice kief with no chlorophyll taste. but it is a lot of work. it takes most of a day, off and on, to process 10-12 oz of good quality trim. it would be very nice to be able to just throw it into a machine and check it once in a while. later

rasputen

delta9nxs,

I can't find where I got the SS screen. Sorry, I looked in all my email folders but I bought it several years ago ans being a pothead I don't keep that good of a records file.
Actually more of a pyleing system, works great till the pile falls over.

sito007

yes these do turn slow but they work just fine! and it doesn't have to be a showtime there are quite a few toaster ovens that do rotisserie

1. buy rotisserie toaster oven at wal-mart
2. disassemble and remove motor
3. reassemble and replace in box
4. go get your money back cus the oven wont spin your chicken! :D

"damn toaster won't spin my chicken" <--- works every time

might seem like a lot of work, but i only spent 2 hours total including driving......this was after DAYS of trying to track down and buy a rotisserie replacement or equivalent motor.

dont forget to keep your receipt!

:1help:What about the wiring and electronic timer or the electronics that makes the motor spin at a set speed?
do you have pic of your system?:1help: anyone else done this?

Latest posts

Latest posts